2017-2018 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my secondary for this school. The portal says you have to send transcripts specifically to WSU? Is this true or are they still loading them in from my primary application?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received my secondary for this school. The portal says you have to send transcripts specifically to WSU? Is this true or are they still loading them in from my primary application?
"Transcripts are required only after an offer of acceptance."

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not too worried about this yet, but did everyone who got an II also get a confirmation email? I submitted on the 15th and I might have deleted my confirmation email lol.

Checked the portal had an II there! Really excited about this program! Lizzy M 66.5

Reactions: 3 users
Hmm, I think it would. I've talked to an edp accepted Wayne year 2 before, and he said he was one of only 3 edp applicants, and he got in pretty easily. So your chances are probably good as well :)

I hope so! Love this school!

Does anyone have an idea when the earliest interview notifications will be?

Reactions: 1 user
deleted oops

Last edited:
logged in today and saw this: AORTA - ELIGIBLE FOR INTERVIEW SELECTION
Your file is in a pool of applicants to be considered for an interview group on a near-weekly basis as we construct interview groups. This means the file is eligible for selection for an interview group, IT DOES NOT MEAN that selection for an interview is guaranteed or will be granted. You are welcome to update your information. 3 updates are allowed via your dashboard. Next status is either Interview Scheduled (after phone call) or Unable to Offer Interview (after email at end of interview cycle). Final Scheduled interview date is March 3.
When did you submit? Mine is still suck on admission decision- Med School in for Review (MR)

Oops, sorry I put that in the wrong thread. Mine is still stuck at MR as well since the 12th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops, sorry I put that in the wrong thread. Mine is still stuck at MR as well since the 12th.
I was confused because that didn't sound like what other interview invitees were getting :laugh:. You gave me a good laugh :)

For the second question, "Medical School is very time consuming, and you are going to have to eliminate some current activities. What three activities are most important for you to continue while in medical school? Why?"

Are they referring to your 3 of your activities that you filled out on your primary AMCAS application, or any three activities/experiences/hobbies in general?

For the second question, "Medical School is very time consuming, and you are going to have to eliminate some current activities. What three activities are most important for you to continue while in medical school? Why?"

Are they referring to your 3 of your activities that you filled out on your primary AMCAS application, or any three activities/experiences/hobbies in general?

I took it as meaning any activities/in general. Some of the ones I listed ended up being on my primary AMCAS app, but I didn't intentionally write those for that reason. Hope this helps!

Any august 7th interviewees receive any emails regarding interview day?

Just checked portal and had an II!!! IS, LizzyM 68-72. complete July 19

Last edited:
Just checked portal and had an II!!! IS, LizzyM 70. complete July 19

Congrats! I was complete on July 17th but my status on the portal shows that my app is still under review. Not sure if it really is still under review or that I was rejected and they just never change it?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Got an email, first II!

Edit: Just realized I double posted, should have just added this to my old post.

Does anyone know when IS II starting coming last year? Seems like most II so far are OOS

Got an email, first II!

Edit: Just realized I double posted, should have just added this to my old post.

Are they sending emails now too? Because everyone who has gotten an interview on here so far found out through the portal. So I'm not sure if I should keep checking my email or the portal.

I am trying to do the secondary and when I click the secondary link in the portal it comes up with a message that says "Could not find person information" anyone know what this is?

Are they sending emails now too? Because everyone who has gotten an interview on here so far found out through the portal. So I'm not sure if I should keep checking my email or the portal.

I'm not too sure myself, I had been checking the portal though so I was surprised when I saw I had an email at 1215 am pacific

Guys.... I just checked the portal and my status changed to
"Med School Invite to Interview (MV)"
I can't describe the relief and elation. This is my first II. I'm a nontrad with a wife and two kids, and I've basically given up everything to apply to medical school. I left my job, sold my house, and moved my family to go back to school for prereqs. Up to this point I've just wondered if everything was a waste of time and I was going to be a failure forever. :).

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 users
I can describe the relief and elation. This is my first II. I'm a nontrad with a wife and two kids and I've basically given up everything to apply to medical school. I left my job, sold my house, and moved my family to go back to school for prereqs. Up to this point I've just wondered if everything was a waste of time and I was going to be a failure forever. :).
Congratulations!

I decided to add this school after I submitted my main amcas and got the secondary on the 18th. Submitted secondary on the 27th.
LizzyM 70-73.

I can describe the relief and elation. This is my first II. I'm a nontrad with a wife and two kids and I've basically given up everything to apply to medical school. I left my job, sold my house, and moved my family to go back to school for prereqs. Up to this point I've just wondered if everything was a waste of time and I was going to be a failure forever. :).

Did you also get an email? Or did it allow you to sign up from the portal?

So very happy for you!! I can relate to your feelings of relief and elation. Im interviewing the 25th, so if you're there then too, I'll be smiling right along with you! Good luck!

So if our portal status reads: "Med School Invite to Interview (MV)" it means we should soon be receiving an II?

II

Last edited:
Were you able to schedule successfully? I tried, but it says my login is invalid.
It's case sensitive. My login had two capital letters but they were lower case for the interview login. Try that and see if it works for you too.

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP @Potentia Virtus THANK YOU

MY FIRST II!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Were you able to schedule successfully? I tried, but it says my login is invalid.
I made a new password. It's apparently a different login system than for the secondary. Just click "forgot password" and make a new one.

Checked portal and found an interview invite! My first one! Thank god. Lizzy M 76, IS. Good luck to all of you.

Reactions: 4 users
II!!
I'm a little surprised I got one. I'm OOS LizzzM 65. Completed 7/20.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone having trouble logging in to schedule your II?
I'm using the same infos for the portal but I can't get through.

Does wayne do silent rejections? I'm stuck on Med School in for Review (MR) and it seems like a lot of people who were complete after me have gotten II and I'm just wondering if this status is what you get when you are just on a hold?

Reactions: 4 users