2017-2018 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By the way, do they only want the last page scanned for the Technical standards form or should we upload all of the pages too?

Members don't see this ad.

How do you know if you're complete? I have check marks in all categories but the two transcript categories and the optional document category. Also, is there a way to see if they've received your letters? I sent my secondary in August 1st and my letters in the same day. Still says "Med School in Review". Nothing about being complete.
I think it says med school in review until you get an II

I think it says med school in review until you get an II

thanks. is there a way to know if they have our letters? Wayne's system is much worse than other schools in terms of letting you know if you have materials in. also, transcripts are sent only AFTER acceptance right? i wonder why they have those in the admission requirement section. those two unchecked marks along with the unchecked optional document mark is triggering my ocd lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who received II's. You all have me neurotically checking my portal now even though I submitted two days ago. Patience is a virtue...

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who received II's. You all have me neurotically checking my portal now even though I submitted two days ago. Patience is a virtue...

what does your status say? also, did u get confirmation that you application is complete? i only got an email stating my secondary has been submitted.

For the third question, does anyone have an opinion as to whether it would be better to steer clear of a research project if it was already mentioned as a meaningful experience on my AMCAS? I could also talk about a service project through an organization I have a leadership role in.

Got an interview last night, and I am not sure what happened. I tried signing up for my interview on 09/11 and already bought my plane tickets. But, something happened and my interview was not confirmed, and now I had to sign up for an interview on 10/02. Would there be anyone willing to switch with me? :( (I know this is a long shot).

Also, does it hurt my chances that I would have my interview a month later than I wanted it?

what does your status say? also, did u get confirmation that you application is complete? i only got an email stating my secondary has been submitted.
Status is med school in for review, and I don't think they do a "complete" confirmation. As long as all of the mandatory sections are checked off you should be good.

Don't use Safari. Use Google Chrome. Enter the same log in info.
I was using chrome. I got it figured out, Interview scheduled for Aug 28th!!! @longtimewannabedoc posted a solutiom several pages ago that worked for me. Make all letters in your username lowercase. Thank you to both of you! It feels unbelievable to have an interview scheduled so soon.

It's case sensitive. My login had two capital letters but they were lower case for the interview login. Try that and see if it works for you too.

I was using chrome. I got it figured out, Interview scheduled for Aug 28th!!! @longtimewannabedoc posted a solutiom several pages ago that worked for me. Make all letters in your username lowercase. Thank you to both of you! It feels unbelievable to have an interview scheduled so soon.
I almost feel the opposite. I got my first II (here) Thursday and it was a relief to "finally" have an interview after watching so many people get II's at different schools. Ha ha. What's an average applicants timeline for II's?

I almost feel the opposite. I got my first II (here) Thursday and it was a relief to "finally" have an interview after watching so many people get II's at different schools. Ha ha. What's an average applicants timeline for II's?

Majority of schools have just started giving out IIs or start in mid August, so this is considered very early to receive one

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview last night, and I am not sure what happened. I tried signing up for my interview on 09/11 and already bought my plane tickets. But, something happened and my interview was not confirmed, and now I had to sign up for an interview on 10/02. Would there be anyone willing to switch with me? :( (I know this is a long shot).

Also, does it hurt my chances that I would have my interview a month later than I wanted it?
I'm sorry, that sucks that you already got plane tickets :(. I would say that less than a month of difference in when you interview should not affect your chances at all, especially since both are still so early in the game.

To add onto the comment above, Wayne is not rolling so the timing of your interview shouldn't affect your chances. They just choose the best of us all. I wouldn't worry about the timing! (sorry about the plane tickets though, hopefully you can refund!)

I submitted my secondary on 7/6 and I still don't have the green check mark so my app isn't complete. However I looked at the other link someone posted here and it says my secondary was submitted. Anyone else have a similar issue? My LOR have also be submitted

I submitted my secondary on 7/6 and I still don't have the green check mark so my app isn't complete. However I looked at the other link someone posted here and it says my secondary was submitted. Anyone else have a similar issue? My LOR have also be submitted
What green check? Mind says Med in Review or something like that

Nope, not at all. Huge portions of my class were from even later dates, January - March.

Hey guys, new to SDN. What is a II exactly? I just added Wayne State last weekend and got the secondary on Tuesday.

What green check? Mind says Med in Review or something like that
The check that says secondary application received. On the general app status page. Same page that shows when you have submitted a picture

Transposed numbers on my AAMC ID#. Entire secondary has been floating in the clouds and they could not match it to an application since 07/06, they have to delete it and make me fill it out all over again. Seriously FML *facepalm*

Transposed numbers on my AAMC ID#. Entire secondary has been floating in the clouds and they could not match it to an application since 07/06, they have to delete it and make me fill it out all over again. Seriously FML *facepalm*

Wth???? That's disheartening

What was your status prior to this? What made you send an email out?

What was your status prior to this? What made you send an email out?
I was curious about why I didn't have a green check next to where it says "secondary received". Even though somewhere else on the portal it said secondary submitted

Can someone help out. When I click the secondary application link i get "Could not find person information"
Do you guys know what that means/what to do?
I emailed them, but its kinda late and their offices closed and they haven't replied yet.

Can someone help out. When I click the secondary application link i get "Could not find person information"
Do you guys know what that means/what to do?
I emailed them, but its kinda late and their offices closed and they haven't replied yet.

I had the same issue, and this is what I received when I emailed them:

Thank you for contacting the Wayne State School of Medicine. At the moment, the dynamic forms website is experiencing issues with their service. We are working with them to get the secondary application back up and running, however we do not have a specific time this will be available. Please note that your secondary application will be granted an additional 2 week extension once the form is back up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for the info primary! I hope this get solved soon....

I had the same issue, and this is what I received when I emailed them:

Thank you for contacting the Wayne State School of Medicine. At the moment, the dynamic forms website is experiencing issues with their service. We are working with them to get the secondary application back up and running, however we do not have a specific time this will be available. Please note that your secondary application will be granted an additional 2 week extension once the form is back up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Have you tried calling the admissions office? They could probably help you out.

For everyone else, I'm currently an M2 here at WayneMed and I'm available to answer any questions you all may have as you go through the admissions process here. Best of luck!

@bararboi

Any recommended hotels near the school to stay in prior to the interview?

For those who were having trouble logging in to the actual secondary app, I just tried it today and it spontaneously worked finally. No more "no person info found."

hey guys for the technical standards doc, I just typed out my first name under signature instead of writing out my signature and scanning it... do you think I will come across any issues with doing so??

Hey guys, sorry been lurking a lot but II on 8/4, with complete date 7/13. 510 MCAT, 3.75 cGPA and 3.84 sGPA! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Can we send in updates?
Just checked their portal and website. I don't recall seeing an explicit yes or no anywhere. If you have something important that can change how your qualification is perceived, then it might be a good idea to email/call the admin office if you want to. Good luck!

For anyone who already went to an II: how was it? initial reactions or thoughts would be appreciated. Mine is next week.

For anyone who already went to an II: how was it? initial reactions or thoughts would be appreciated. Mine is next week.

Same! I'm excited and if anyone has any advice for what to expect I'm all ears ;)

Anyone else complete but getting emails saying "Apply now"?? o_O

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys know how loosely we can interpret the word "project"? I did karate for like 10 years and even became an instructor at my dojo. I want to use this but dont know if i can.

I mean the way they use it in the question is pretty vague but that sounds like a project to me. If you focus on the outcomes/goal/what you learned of your work in karate then I would think it would be particularly relevant.