You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Wayne State University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did people who got IIs have the med school in for review that became a med school in for invite? Or did they just go straight to the med school in for invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did people who got IIs have the med school in for review that became a med school in for invite? Or did they just go straight to the med school in for invite?
yeah, I had " Med School in for review" since 7/12, and I guess it changed to "Invite to Interview" sometime today
Ah okay thanks! And congrats!yeah, I had " Med School in for review" since 7/12, and I guess it changed to "Invite to Interview" sometime today
Congrats to everyone that got interviews! Can anyone say the time they got it? E.g. were most/all of people's statuses changed to II early in the morning or were any changed later on in the day/night?
I checked my portal this morning, and it was still in review, now it says " Interview," so I guess sometime later in the day
Does wayne do silent rejections? I'm stuck on Med School in for Review (MR) and it seems like a lot of people who were complete after me have gotten II and I'm just wondering if this status is what you get when you are just on a hold?
That's what I've been wondering too. I've been complete since 07/18 and my status is still Med School in for Review.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Apparently they have sent out 63 IIs already.
Apparently they have sent out 63 IIs already.
How many do they give out in total?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
about 660 according to msar
edit: scratch that 749 I forgot international students
II!!! Checked the portal a few minutes ago. I am over the moon! My first one!😍
Congrats! When was your app complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My application has been complete since july 11 and still in review. beginning to lose hope for wayne state. 🙁 LM ~69That's what I've been wondering too. I've been complete since 07/18 and my status is still Med School in for Review.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't lose hope! Their admissions isn't rolling, and they give out many interviews given the size of their med school. Still so many left!My application has been complete since july 11 and still in review. beginning to lose hope for wayne state. 🙁 LM ~69
Thank you! 7/11
Anyone having trouble logging in to schedule your II?
I'm using the same infos for the portal but I can't get through.
Me too. I'm planning on contacting the admissions tomorrow. Same ID/Password, but invalid login message. I tried resetting the password, but got a message saying I would have to contact their IT to do that. Figure that's a problem for daytime...
If you read a few post up you'll see I posted a solution that has worked for others. Try changing the capitalized letters in your password into lower case letters. Hope this helps!Me too. I'm planning on contacting the admissions tomorrow. Same ID/Password, but invalid login message. I tried resetting the password, but got a message saying I would have to contact their IT to do that. Figure that's a problem for daytime...
Woke up to an II! Stats (OOS, ORM, >=3.7, >=515, complete 6/30) -- Having issues logging in to schedule interview even after resetting pw and trying @longtimewannabedoc tip
Congrats! When were you complete?II received today. OOS Lizzym is a 70. Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys and gals on the 11th.
Also did you get an email or just check the portal?II received today. OOS Lizzym is a 70. Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys and gals on the 11th.
.
Last edited:
I've received an email from WSU today with the login credentials for the application status page. However, when I try to access the secondary, it says "could not find person information". Do I have to pay for the secondary first or are they going to send me a separate email with the invite to it?
My login credentials came in the same email as the link for the secondary. You shouldn't have to pay first. I didn't have to me. I had to verify my email account before I logged. As in, they sent a second email and I had to click a link in it to verify that it was my email address.I've received an email from WSU today with the login credentials for the application status page. However, when I try to access the secondary, it says "could not find person information". Do I have to pay for the secondary first or are they going to send me a separate email with the invite to it?
II received today. OOS Lizzym is a 70. Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys and gals on the 11th.
See you on the 11th! II email this morning. OOS, LM 67-69 ORM, complete 7/12
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! OOS or IS?Woke up to an II, this is my top choice!! Submitted on 7/25
Congrats! When were you complete?
Also did you get an email or just check the portal?
I have an email saying that they were beginning to review my secondary on 7/12 but I don't remember if that is when I submitted or not. Also, they sent me an email with a link to the interview date selection.
II, OOS Lizzy M 69
Seriously, time to get off SDN. Seeing all these II for schools makes me sick, I can't handle it anymore lol.
*congrats to everyone who did get II*
*congrats to everyone who did get II*
II!!!!!!
OOS LM~70
Complete 7/26
OOS LM~70
Complete 7/26
Am I late to the party? Should really get my secondary in, lol..
EDIT: I just spoke to someone on the staff and they said there's no penalty for submitting after two weeks, so I guess that is just there for your benefit since they give out II's early.
EDIT: I just spoke to someone on the staff and they said there's no penalty for submitting after two weeks, so I guess that is just there for your benefit since they give out II's early.
Last edited:
Some of us currently at the party are still waiting patiently for that lovely II 🙂 btw i like your sdn name it made me laugh lolAm I late to the party? Should really get my secondary in, lol...
Some of us currently at the party are still waiting patiently for that lovely II 🙂 btw i like your sdn name it made me laugh lol
Thanks! Couldn't think of anything medically-related and didn't want to use my usual usernames so I just used my favorite word from physiology and surprisingly no one took it yet LOL
So people complete before me and after me have gotten interviews. I guess Wayne doesn't go in any particular order?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So people complete before me and after me have gotten interviews. I guess Wayne doesn't go in any particular order?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I mean, there is another possibility...
I mean, there is another possibility...
I know that [emoji849]
I was talking about the order they go through applications.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So people complete before me and after me have gotten interviews. I guess Wayne doesn't go in any particular order?
I think it depends and is different for every school. Most shoot for the very high GPA/MCAT superstars early on, then go back and evaluate applicants with strong (above average) stats plus other qualities as the cycle continues. I think some applicants are evaluated several times. This is why i think it is important to submit amcas early, especially for schools that use rolling admissions, because it gives you a second shot when they reevaluate applicants. I also think that different committees look at different apps (depending on location/undergrad) and committees dont always meet on the same day nor hand out interviews at the same time. In my opinion if you have not received a rejection then that is always a good thing because you still have a shot!
I honestly wouldn't worry about not receiving an interview just yet - stay positive, you are still under consideration and just remember that you will be a doctor in the end 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've received an email from WSU today with the login credentials for the application status page. However, when I try to access the secondary, it says "could not find person information". Do I have to pay for the secondary first or are they going to send me a separate email with the invite to it?
I just called admissions about it and they said that they're having issues with the system and it should be fixed sometime next week 🙁
Lol dont know what happened but i tried to answer the question about order applications are reviewed
Thank you so much for the thorough response. I really appreciate it. It really does depend on the school as you said. Still holding on to hope! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Don't use Safari. Use Google Chrome. Enter the same log in info.Me too. I'm planning on contacting the admissions tomorrow. Same ID/Password, but invalid login message. I tried resetting the password, but got a message saying I would have to contact their IT to do that. Figure that's a problem for daytime...
How do you know if you're complete? I have check marks in all categories but the two transcript categories and the optional document category. Also, is there a way to see if they've received your letters? I sent my secondary in August 1st and my letters in the same day. Still says "Med School in Review". Nothing about being complete.
Last edited:
