2017-2018 Wayne State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. Complete 7/12 and still nothign

Members don't see this ad.

Just checked portal and it says "invite for interview" complete 7/12!!

Reactions: 4 users
Did people who got IIs have the med school in for review that became a med school in for invite? Or did they just go straight to the med school in for invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did people who got IIs have the med school in for review that became a med school in for invite? Or did they just go straight to the med school in for invite?

yeah, I had " Med School in for review" since 7/12, and I guess it changed to "Invite to Interview" sometime today

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone that got interviews! Can anyone say the time they got it? E.g. were most/all of people's statuses changed to II early in the morning or were any changed later on in the day/night?

Congrats to everyone that got interviews! Can anyone say the time they got it? E.g. were most/all of people's statuses changed to II early in the morning or were any changed later on in the day/night?

I checked my portal this morning, and it was still in review, now it says " Interview," so I guess sometime later in the day

Does wayne do silent rejections? I'm stuck on Med School in for Review (MR) and it seems like a lot of people who were complete after me have gotten II and I'm just wondering if this status is what you get when you are just on a hold?

That's what I've been wondering too. I've been complete since 07/18 and my status is still Med School in for Review.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Apparently they have sent out 63 IIs already.

Reactions: 1 user
II!!! Checked the portal a few minutes ago. I am over the moon! My first one!:soexcited::love:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
long time lurker..lol but first II. Feels weird to say that! OOS LizzyM 68-70. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
That's what I've been wondering too. I've been complete since 07/18 and my status is still Med School in for Review.

My application has been complete since july 11 and still in review. beginning to lose hope for wayne state. :( LM ~69

My application has been complete since july 11 and still in review. beginning to lose hope for wayne state. :( LM ~69
Don't lose hope! Their admissions isn't rolling, and they give out many interviews given the size of their med school. Still so many left!

Anyone having trouble logging in to schedule your II?
I'm using the same infos for the portal but I can't get through.

Me too. I'm planning on contacting the admissions tomorrow. Same ID/Password, but invalid login message. I tried resetting the password, but got a message saying I would have to contact their IT to do that. Figure that's a problem for daytime...

Me too. I'm planning on contacting the admissions tomorrow. Same ID/Password, but invalid login message. I tried resetting the password, but got a message saying I would have to contact their IT to do that. Figure that's a problem for daytime...
If you read a few post up you'll see I posted a solution that has worked for others. Try changing the capitalized letters in your password into lower case letters. Hope this helps!

Woke up to an II! Stats (OOS, ORM, >=3.7, >=515, complete 6/30) -- Having issues logging in to schedule interview even after resetting pw and trying @longtimewannabedoc tip

II received today. OOS LizzyM is a 70. Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys and gals on the 11th.

I've received an email from WSU today with the login credentials for the application status page. However, when I try to access the secondary, it says "could not find person information". Do I have to pay for the secondary first or are they going to send me a separate email with the invite to it?

If any folkx who are interviewing on 9/15 are interested in reducing cost by sharing a hotel or transportation PM me. Don't worry, I'll let you google me, do a background check and even check my credit score. Lol but seriously, let me know.

I've received an email from WSU today with the login credentials for the application status page. However, when I try to access the secondary, it says "could not find person information". Do I have to pay for the secondary first or are they going to send me a separate email with the invite to it?
My login credentials came in the same email as the link for the secondary. You shouldn't have to pay first. I didn't have to me. I had to verify my email account before I logged. As in, they sent a second email and I had to click a link in it to verify that it was my email address.

Woke up to an II, this is my top choice!! Submitted on 7/25

Reactions: 3 users
Seriously, time to get off SDN. Seeing all these II for schools makes me sick, I can't handle it anymore lol.

*congrats to everyone who did get II*

Reactions: 7 users
Am I late to the party? Should really get my secondary in, lol..

EDIT: I just spoke to someone on the staff and they said there's no penalty for submitting after two weeks, so I guess that is just there for your benefit since they give out II's early.

Last edited:
Some of us currently at the party are still waiting patiently for that lovely II :) btw i like your sdn name it made me laugh lol

Thanks! Couldn't think of anything medically-related and didn't want to use my usual usernames so I just used my favorite word from physiology and surprisingly no one took it yet LOL

So people complete before me and after me have gotten interviews. I guess Wayne doesn't go in any particular order?

So people complete before me and after me have gotten interviews. I guess Wayne doesn't go in any particular order?
I think it depends and is different for every school. Most shoot for the very high GPA/MCAT superstars early on, then go back and evaluate applicants with strong (above average) stats plus other qualities as the cycle continues. I think some applicants are evaluated several times. This is why i think it is important to submit amcas early, especially for schools that use rolling admissions, because it gives you a second shot when they reevaluate applicants. I also think that different committees look at different apps (depending on location/undergrad) and committees dont always meet on the same day nor hand out interviews at the same time. In my opinion if you have not received a rejection then that is always a good thing because you still have a shot!
I honestly wouldn't worry about not receiving an interview just yet - stay positive, you are still under consideration and just remember that you will be a doctor in the end :)

I just called admissions about it and they said that they're having issues with the system and it should be fixed sometime next week :(

Lol dont know what happened but i tried to answer the question about order applications are reviewed

Thank you so much for the thorough response. I really appreciate it. It really does depend on the school as you said. Still holding on to hope!

Don't use Safari. Use Google Chrome. Enter the same log in info.

How do you know if you're complete? I have check marks in all categories but the two transcript categories and the optional document category. Also, is there a way to see if they've received your letters? I sent my secondary in August 1st and my letters in the same day. Still says "Med School in Review". Nothing about being complete.

Last edited: