2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully more of us will receive a call today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call of the APS! Hope more of you get good news today.

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my acceptance to this school, hoping one of you on the waitlist gets a call soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
To people who got off the APS on April 15th (or anyone that just knows): would you happen to know if the $1000 deposit is due BY April 30th or by midnight of April 30th?

To people who got off the APS on April 15th (or anyone that just knows): would you happen to know if the $1000 deposit is due BY April 30th or by midnight of April 30th?

I would assume you need to pay it on April 29th, before it hits midnight and becomes April 30th. Mine is due the day before yours, on the 29th, and I plan on paying it Saturday just because I don’t want to cut it too close

Put down the $1000 deposit today after being taken off the APS list on 4/15. So excited!!

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you anxiously awaiting that phone call!

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to one of you anxiously awaiting that phone call!
I guess that could have been me! I got the phone call today. So excited to finally start this part of my life.

Reactions: 2 users
I officially withdrew my acceptance today. Not to cause any anxiety, but a call should be coming to someone soon!

Did you just email the general admissions email?
I called and that is what they instructed me to do.

I officially withdrew today as well, good luck to everyone and I hope you all grow to love Kirksville like I have!

anybody on here looking for an apartment should please contact me. I have a change in plan and will be withdrawing from KCOM. But i did sign a lease for a 2 bed/2 bath with a current male first year student going into second year. If you are a male looking for a place close to the school please reach out to me. rent is $825 plus utilities. so it will be $412 per person. plus utilities.

Does anyone know when we pay our tuition after we accept the financial award letter? How does the loan stuff work?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance call today! To everyone who is on the APS list or the waitlist, keep your heads up and be confident. I was waiting for this call for months and it finally came! I know it will come for many of you as well! Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone that has gotten off the APS list already had a deposit down at a different school just in case? Just wondering because the school can now see where students have deposits down at so I'm worried it would inhibit someone's chance of getting off if the school sees that..(even though its just a backup plan just in case they don't get a seat this year).

Do they pay the tuition all at once and deposit the leftover all at once? Or is it monthly?
They pay it all at once and you get something in the neighborhood of a $14,000 deposit if you take the maximum amount. Be mindful: that is all your earnings unless you do work study.

Just gave up my spot here for another school. Hopefully one of you here get the call soon!

Can any current students give insight into good work study positions at KCOM? Hoping to get involved in some research and I saw there are a few lab assistant-type jobs.
Thanks in advance!

Can any current students give insight into good work study positions at KCOM? Hoping to get involved in some research and I saw there are a few lab assistant-type jobs.
Thanks in advance!
Where did you find this info? I’m interested in hearing about this as well!

Thanks in advance!
As a very general rule I would say don't plan on doing work study first year, or at least first semester. This is not undergrad anymore, the work load takes some adaptation. I'm not trying to say that nobody can handle it or that you specifically couldn't do it, I'm just offering some sage advice. Every year people fail and have to start over. I don't want that for you or anyone on here.
With that being said: there is an elective that takes place during the summer after first year where you are paired with a researcher to gain experience and knowledge. That would be my recommendation if your only goal for work study is research. Sorry to be so long winded. Hope I helped!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! Rising second year here. Congrats to those who committed and good luck to those waiting to get off the pending seat list. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Don't forget to enjoy your last real summer.. med school is cray

Reactions: 1 users
Just gave up my seat here. This is a great school and it was a hard decision, so good luck to those on the waitlist!

In the previous years, have students been pulled off the waitlist even during orientation week due to students leaving to MD ? or will all the seats be filled by next week? Thanks.

They give us one! I’m pretty sure we will pick all the medical equipment up on the first day of orientation.
Hey, so there isn't a list of required medical equipment that we will need to have prior?

Hey, so there isn't a list of required medical equipment that we will need to have prior?
Not as far as I know, it looks like medical equipment pickup is on the first day of orientation with the white coat. I think we have to get our own anatomy tools but older students will sell them at a discounted rate early on.

Took a different opportunity, so I will no longer be going to school here. Looking for someone to take over my lease. $312/month for a 4 year old house with all new appliances. I will pay for the 1st months rent!