2018-2019 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone made a facebook group titled "Albany Medical College Class of 2023" for people planning on attending AMC i believe. Here is the link: Log into Facebook | Facebook
Is this like an official thing, or just student created? Ima request to join either way lol but I didn't know if admin usually set one up.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this like an official thing, or just student created? Ima request to join either way lol but I didn't know if admin usually set one up.
Generally the dual degree students make it and it becomes official later

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry running out of hope, any II recently went out? when will be dead end?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really excited to have an interview coming up soon! Would anyone be willing to tell me/PM me some (vague) information/tips about the interview day?

Really excited to have an interview coming up soon! Would anyone be willing to tell me/PM me some (vague) information/tips about the interview day?
Hi! The interview day was extremely relaxed (while MMI can be stressful, Albany definitely does an excellent job showing how much they care about their applicants and want them to do well).

Stations are 10 minutes long (2 minutes for review; 8 for discussion). This is nice because some MMIs are shorter.

If you do general MMI prep (be prepared for the unexpected, of course!) and go in with confidence in yourself, you will do well! Best of luck and enjoy the day! Everyone was literally so kind.

Reactions: 5 users

I would just practice some MMI scenarios and make sure you can answer in a clear, structured way.

Hi! The interview day was extremely relaxed (while MMI can be stressful, Albany definitely does an excellent job showing how much they care about their applicants and want them to do well).

Stations are 10 minutes long (2 minutes for review; 8 for discussion). This is nice because some MMIs are shorter.

If you do general MMI prep (be prepared for the unexpected, of course!) and go in with confidence in yourself, you will do well! Best of luck and enjoy the day! Everyone was literally so kind.

Completely agree - general MMI prep is enough, reading about what to expect on your interview day (i.e. they split you up so one group does the interview first and the other does the tour), and just enjoying yourself!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

I would just practice some MMI scenarios and make sure you can speak to your own experiences in a clear, structured way.

Completely agree - general MMI prep is enough, reading about what to expect on your interview day (i.e. they split you up so one group does the interview first and the other does the tour), and just enjoying yourself!

Thank you to both of you! This was really helpful and makes me a little less nervous about the day

RECEIVED THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL AT 8:40AM AND COLLAPSED ONTO THE FLOOR AT WORK.

First MD acceptance after re-applying from last year...and I'm in utter disbelief. Of all the schools I've interviewed at these last 2 years, I haven't been more impressed-or enamored-by a school than I was with Albany. This is literally a dream come true. I cannot wait to attend Albany in the Fall!!!

Reactions: 27 users
II today! Chose March 5th. Other option was this Monday. Any tips or advice is welcome!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! When did you interview?

01/23. Only thing I sent post-interview was 1 letter of recommendation because I started a new job after submitting my AMCAS primary.

^Congrats, that's amazing!!

We can send additional LOR post interview? I thought they don't accept additional materials?

Members don't see this ad :)
^Congrats, that's amazing!!

We can send additional LOR post interview? I thought they don't accept additional materials?

Ya if they accept LoRs post-II...I could probably get an attending I scribe for to write one real quick and then end it in, hopefully that could help. If they'd accept and use it then that could possibly tip the scales? Thoughts? @VancZos or anyone who knows about this, cause I also heard they accept nothing post II except thank yous

The question of post-II materials was asked multiple times during my interview day. The admissions officer told us AMC did, in fact, accept post-II materials if it was something not listed/mentioned anywhere else in your application... and that we should send them within 1-2 weeks of our interview. She encouraged us NOT to send something if it was mentioned anywhere else in our app, but she made it clear we could send in post-II materials if they were completely new. I had my doc send it to the regular admissions email, and he told me he got a confirmation email a few days later.

She also pretty explicitly told us not to send thank you letters/emails because it would just get stuffed away into our chart and wouldn’t really go to anyone. I figured that was the case for most schools, but it was nice to actually hear an admissions officer be real and honest about that.

The question of post-II materials was asked multiple times during my interview day. The admissions officer told us AMC did, in fact, accept post-II materials if it was something not listed/mentioned anywhere else in your application... and that we should send them within 1-2 weeks of our interview. She encouraged us NOT to send something if it was mentioned anywhere else in our app, but she made it clear we could send in post-II materials if they were completely new. I had my doc send it to the regular admissions email, and he told me he got a confirmation email a few days later.

She also pretty explicitly told us not to send thank you letters/emails because it would just get stuffed away into our chart and wouldn’t really go to anyone. I figured that was the case for most schools, but it was nice to actually hear an admissions officer be real and honest about that.
Lol I called and was told post-II updates were acceptable, sent an email with an update letter, and the admissions team replied to my email and said they do not accept any updates. So Albany what's the truth???

Lol I called and was told post-II updates were acceptable, sent an email with an update letter, and the admissions team replied to my email and said they do not accept any updates. So Albany what's the truth???

I didn’t send Albany anything personally, it came from a physician directly. I don’t even know if they looked at it because I wasn’t involved in the communication, but my doc offered to send in a letter so I wasn’t going to say no.

Truth: they accept update transcripts of grades from the summer / fall if you are able to update on those. They do not accept extra LORs, update letters, or Letters of Intent. Source: I sat with an admissions committee and asked on Wednesday.

Hi all! I was accepted to Albany this past Monday (super excited!) and I sent my deposit check which arrived yesterday morning according to the tracking number. Anyone know how long it generally takes for this to be reflected in the portal? I tried calling admissions but was unable to reach anyone, I just want to be sure that they have it within the one week timeframe!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! I was accepted to Albany this past Monday (super excited!) and I sent my deposit check which arrived yesterday morning according to the tracking number. Anyone know how long it generally takes for this to be reflected in the portal? I tried calling admissions but was unable to reach anyone, I just want to be sure that they have it within the one week timeframe!
I freaked out on this too. Call mid week next week since it can take a while for it to be affected in the portal.

I didn’t send Albany anything personally, it came from a physician directly. I don’t even know if they looked at it because I wasn’t involved in the communication, but my doc offered to send in a letter so I wasn’t going to say no.
The issue here could be you sending an update via mail or email and an update being sent through AMCAS (official). LORs sent through AMCAS may hold more weight.

For reference, I sent mine last Friday and by Wednesday (1 week after my acceptance email) it was updated in the portal

Got an unexpected II today! Complete waaaaay back in August lolz

Reactions: 9 users
Only 2 dates This monday and Mar 5. Do they end interviews in March?
I was told that they typically interview until April but can end their interview season earlier if they feel that they have enough students.

I was told that they typically interview until April but can end their interview season earlier if they feel that they have enough students.
You going March 5th? That’s when I’m headed out. This Monday was a little bit too quick

Also, for future forum-delvers, I received my admissions decision promptly at 2:00pm on Wednesday, October 24th. I interviewed 9/24

Hopefully this answers someone's future question
I tip my hat to thee, good SDN citizen.

Reactions: 4 users
They sent the "Second Look Day" invitations this morning for those of you that haven't been able to check your emails yet :)

Did anyone receive an II recently, I was late on 2ndary, even school forced me to submit the 2ndary and I did that and now still waiting for II/ LOL

Did anyone receive an II recently, I was late on 2ndary, even school forced me to submit the 2ndary and I did that and now still waiting for II/ LOL
If you scroll up half of this page you'll see someone got an II on 2/22.

The interview was great! Very stress-free I think. Everyone was really friendly as well. Goodluck too all those still interviewing :)

Accepted!! C: Interviewed 11/14 and received a "still under consideration email" about a month after that. OOS

Reactions: 14 users
Just withdrew my acceptance from here!! I hope it goes to one of you great people:)

Reactions: 11 users
Hey guys! Not sure if this has been asked yet but does AMC take updates (LOI, transcript, etc.)? Couldn’t find any info on it when I looked

Hey guys! Not sure if this has been asked yet but does AMC take updates (LOI, transcript, etc.)? Couldn’t find any info on it when I looked
Nope. I think maybe transcripts, but no LOI's or anything like that

Is anyone else lowkey saucy that Albany made their second look day on April 15, the day right after the new season of Game of Thrones premieres :,(. Anyone down for a watch party in Albany?

Reactions: 4 users
is the II doors shut off - or still open and one got call recently?

Is anyone else lowkey saucy that Albany made their second look day on April 15, the day right after the new season of Game of Thrones premieres :,(. Anyone down for a watch party in Albany?
I'm so excited for GOT. Have been binge watching the previous seasons to get ready for the new season :)

I'm so excited for GOT. Have been binge watching the previous seasons to get ready for the new season :)
I know my house is offering up housing if people need it for Sunday night and we are planning to watch GOT as a group.

Count me in for GOT lol.