2018-2019 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an II as well. Meridian definitely deserves every bit of the hype tho haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
II yesterday! Complete early Sept, sGPA: 3.8, MCAT: 507 ORM and OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I unexpectedly received my very first MD II from this school yesterday! I was complete 9/6/18. 507 MCAT 3.8 GPA ORM OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 1/11 5.47 culm GPA 506 MCAT.

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted from UC! Obviously the statement of acceptance is not binding correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
So recently: 1 posted acceptance and a few UC's.

Did they just put everyone on UC who weren't accepted?

Accepted on Friday the 8th. My first acceptance! Interviewed January 16th. Very quick turn-around time. Good luck everyone!
Stats: 3.88 cumulative GPA. 3.7 something for science GPA. MCAT 508, OOS

Reactions: 9 users
Just finished the interview here, I was really impressed (but it is my first one so I've got nothing to compare it to). I only talked to like 10 people in the group and pretty much everyone seemed quite nice (there was one person who seemed like a gunner in there lol). MMI was different than I expected, all of the scenarios/questions were pretty cut and dry, it was super chill and fun though. I would love to attend this school. Here's hoping :)

I would also relish the opportunity to make Steamed Hams jokes for 4 years.

"Yeah, I'm a medical student."
"Oh really, what region?"
"Uhhhh...upstate New York?"
"Oh really, well I'm from Utica and there's no med school there."
"Oh, not in Utica, no, it's an Albany school."

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Accepted! Interviewed in November, and it was a great overall experience. Been quietly following this thread - best of luck to all the lovely people here!

Reactions: 5 users
No, I was not (or at least I never got an email about being on the UC list).

Wow, that’s such a long time to go without hearing anything...but I guess it worked out for you. Congrats!

Did you hear back from AMC today?

Wow, that’s such a long time to go without hearing anything...but I guess it worked out for you. Congrats!

Did you hear back from AMC today?
Yep - definitely was waiting for awhile. I think they got probably backlogged with their peak-season interview cohorts. That or I somehow misplaced their UC email. The admissions process is definitely imperfect, and one of my favorite things about my interview experience was how honest they were about that.

I got in yesterday morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does this school put most interviewees under consideration? Or are most rejected?

As I've heard, it's like 20% accepted, 30% UC, and 50% rejected. I think...
I know ur quoting me from a bit ago. I asked admissions this week on the matter and they said they don’t know exact numbers butI actually was curious andthey said they don’t know exact numbers, but said they are extremely conservative on acceptances particularly early on in the cycle. The vast majority of applicants are put on uncertain. However some applicants are accepted and rejected as the cycle goes on. They also said they needed to update MSAR cuz interviews are going to be in the 800-900 range this year for spots.

I know ur quoting me from a bit ago. I asked admissions this week on the matter and they said they don’t know exact numbers butI actually was curious andthey said they don’t know exact numbers, but said they are extremely conservative on acceptances particularly early on in the cycle. The vast majority of applicants are put on uncertain. However some applicants are accepted and rejected as the cycle goes on. They also said they needed to update MSAR cuz interviews are going to be in the 800-900 range this year for spots.

Wait, does this mean you could be rejected after being put on the UC list without even making it to the waitlist?

any one recently got II? I applied late and cross my fingers.

Off the top of anybody's head, does anybody know how many were interviewed last year? I read this thread front to back, I just don't know where to find it exactly.

I don't think so based on what was said in that paragraph. I really hope that the percentages are the same though!

Unfortunately, yes you can get rejected straight from UC. You can remain on UC all the way through early summer and not hear anything. Then, when they've completely settled on their incoming cohort of students (which means they finished the process of pulling from the top of the UC pool), you'd get rejected off of UC :(

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody who interviewed on Jan 8th heard back?

EDIT: Just got put on the UC list.

Last edited:
Accepted just now! Interviewed 1/16! Its my first acceptance so I'm pretty excited! Good luck to you guys still waiting to hear back!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Hey everyone - I have some possible new info for fellow admitted students. I haven’t received any kind of official invite, but, according to my friend (current MS1 who is involved with admissions), it looks like second look weekend/day will be April 14-15. This is a Sunday/Monday (thought it was a typo, but verified), so I figure it’d be good to get this info out for anyone who might want to get a jump on planning. I think official invites for it should be sent out relatively soon.

Anyone willing to post a Post-II R? Trying to gauge whether everybody was just put on the UC or not

Interviewed 1/11, just got UC email

Does anyone know how I can get an II from here? I haven't heard anything yet but also will be ITA in 2 weeks, not sure if they're receptive to ITA emails.