2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long do ARCOM students have off for Christmas break? Do a lot of you guys end up going back home? I am just trying to get a feel for who stays and who leaves. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How long do ARCOM students have off for Christmas break? Do a lot of you guys end up going back home? I am just trying to get a feel for who stays and who leaves. Thanks!
First years finished on our last final on the 18th and we’re on break till Jan 7th.

Reactions: 2 users
For accepted students did you all receive an email with a login to the student portal? I’m trying to pay my deposit but don’t seem to have acces to the student portal. Also, how did you all submit the forms did you fill them out with pdf and then upload?

Members don't see this ad :)
For accepted students did you all receive an email with a login to the student portal? I’m trying to pay my deposit but don’t seem to have acces to the student portal. Also, how did you all submit the forms did you fill them out with pdf and then upload?
Here's the link, and yes you can fill out the forms and upload them. Login to Student Portal

Were you given a login?
Yeah you should have been given a login that had a password and username in the email ARCOM sent you. What I did for the forms was that I printed all 3 documents out and physically signed them. Then I scanned them on to my laptop as pdfs and uploaded them into the portal. I hope this helps!

can someone add me to the class facebook page?

Reactions: 1 user
also, how do we apply for housing at the residents?

also, how do we apply for housing at the residents?
You can submit your name and information here: The Residents | ACHE
I submitted the first of November but still have not heard anything more than a confirmation so I have no clue when more materials will be sent out. If anyone else knows more about that, please share. Thanks

can someone add me to the class facebook page?
I am trying to but I am not sure how. Have you tried logging into facebook and searching "ARCOM Class of 2023" ?

Going to be withdrawing my acceptance :( hopefully that frees up a spot for someone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
I hope they start reviewing waitlists soon. I was informed before winter break by an admissions counselor that they haven’t reviewed the waitlist yet. Has anyone from the waitlist heard back or have any other info about the waitlist review?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when they will start contacting us about background checks and whatnot?

I would assume sometime next week when class starts again

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
Yeah someone that works there told me that we should hear more news sometime after new years and probably when classes start back up for the students

Hi everyone! Has there been any waitlist movement for this school?

Last year they didn't send us these instructions till March.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

How long do they give us to complete the background check, drug screen, physical exam, labs, etc. after we receive the information on it? I work 2 jobs and it takes some planning to coordinate time to go do a bunch of stuff like that.

How long do they give us to complete the background check, drug screen, physical exam, labs, etc. after we receive the information on it? I work 2 jobs and it takes some planning to coordinate time to go do a bunch of stuff like that.
Drug screen and a physical exam? Wow I thought titers were bad enough

Drug screen and a physical exam? Wow I thought titers were bad enough

Right? All of this will probably cost approximately 1 million dollars haha. Plus the cost of the supplies and whatnot that we need.

I’m sure we will have a few months to get them done. I think you will have plenty of time to coordinate time off from work.

For background check, drug screenings, physical exam, and most vaccines and blood titers, we had until July 1st. But for vaccines like HepB that takes 7 months to complete, as long you start the process you're fine. Also, people will get accepted close to orientation week, and these people will get some leeway to complete them as well.

Oh okay! That's good to know! I am low key freaking out about not hearing back about housing and stuff

You might want to put an application into The Residents apartments right away. (Link in the ARCOM website.)
There was a wait list last year.

How long exactly is the actual interview portion with the community member? Someone mentioned having to write a 5 min essay as well. Anything else we should mentally prepare for?

How long exactly is the actual interview portion with the community member? Someone mentioned having to write a 5 min essay as well. Anything else we should mentally prepare for?
Last year it was 2 on 1 interviews, and the writing thing is easy, its a random prompt.

Does anyone know how many they waitlist? I know they said that they interview about 800 & there’s about 150 in a class. Just trying to figure out my odds of getting off the waitlist

Does anyone know how many they waitlist? I know they said that they interview about 800 & there’s about 150 in a class. Just trying to figure out my odds of getting off the waitlist
Most schools waitlist at least double their class size. I would bet that's close to the amount they waitlist as well. Though no one knows really how many they waitlist.

It's about 30 minute of interviewing and it is conversational. Just be yourself. They just want to get to know you. You also get a 5 min warning during your interview.

Most schools waitlist at least double their class size. I would bet that's close to the amount they waitlist as well. Though no one knows really how many they waitlist.

They also per @Goro accept roughly twice their class size as well

Reactions: 4 users
Last year it was 2 on 1 interviews, and the writing thing is easy, its a random prompt.

It's about 30 minute of interviewing and it is conversational. Just be yourself. They just want to get to know you. You also get a 5 min warning during your interview.

Ok sounds good! Thank you for the input. I'm very excited :) *fingers crossed*

Should we take anything with us on interview day (purse, pen, paper, etc)? Curious if it's necessary as I'd prefer to just go with my hands free of things to carry around.

Should we take anything with us on interview day (purse, pen, paper, etc)? Curious if it's necessary as I'd prefer to just go with my hands free of things to carry around.

Just bring yourself. They'll give you a pen and materials

On my interview day we could leave personal belongings in the conference room as we went around

Does anyone know how long the interviews will go on

Anybody have any clue how many people got accepted alrdy? Maybe a rough estimate from the Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anybody have any clue how many people got accepted alrdy? Maybe a rough estimate from the Facebook group.

The facebook page has 65 members but some of them are current students, admin staff, etc. Some are in class groups of multiple schools, so I don't think it's an accurate metric.

The facebook page has 65 members but some of them are current students, admin staff, etc. Some are in class groups of multiple schools, so I don't think it's an accurate metric.

Thanks a lot. On the waitlist, hoping they start movement of the waitlist soon.

Have any idea when those deadlines are due?

AMCAS and AACOMAS traffic rules are different. You'll see voluntary withdrawals mostly in Feb/March. AMCAS deadline is 4/30, and AACOMAS is 5/15 but AACOMAS rules are a little different.

For current students, do yall recommend having an iPad or computer? I know a lot is personal preference, but just curious to see what works best for the curriculum

For current students, do yall recommend having an iPad or computer? I know a lot is personal preference, but just curious to see what works best for the curriculum
Both works very well, so I would say go with the product you like the best. I personally prefer Windows, so I went with a surface book 2.

Not at Arcom, but I have both. I like to watch lectures on my computer and have the Ipad for notes.

Does anyone know how receptive the admissions staff is to letters of intent?
This was my favorite school but I got wait listed.
I want to express that I would deffinetly go here if accepted but don’t want to just annoy them and ruin my chances.