2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone with LizzyM 74 hear anything yet? Im around there still hoping by my computer. Obviously its early... just curious and BCM is my top pick.
Meant approx 74

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone!! Hope you all kill it and get a chance to go to med school with that amazingly low tuition.

Seems like vast majority of people so far have been instate so hopefully us OOSers have a chance later on :)

Reactions: 3 users
On MSAR it says Baylor starts sending out acceptances on October 1st. Is this only for ED applicants or in general?

On MSAR it says Baylor starts sending out acceptances on October 1st. Is this only for ED applicants or in general?

last years thread didn't have people getting acceptances that early. I'm assuming only ED

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those with II!!! When were ya'll complete?

Lizzy M 77, I did the application a bit after it opened and got the II now too!

Texas local

Little bit of a neurotic question but I submitted my app and printed it out and noticed this thing on there that says "Secure funds" I answered yes to it, but I don't specifically remember what it was asking for. Does anyone know?

If Baylor is one if your top choices, why? It would be great to hear your perspectives.

If Baylor is one if your top choices, why? It would be great to hear your perspectives.

Top 20, Best med school in TX, insanely cheap, excellent research curriculum, pass/fail preclinical, top step scores in the nation, texas medical center is huge, Houston has cheap COL

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I need help! I completed my supplemental but on the submit and Pay page, when I click on submit, it does not let me go to the payment page. Could it be because of AMCAS FAP? I already emailed them my FAP approval email.

Quick question. On the Pre-Interview Checklist, for the question regarding uploading a copy of Green Card, if you're now a citizen (had a green card, now a citizen) do you have to fill this question out? And if not, do you just leave it on "Incomplete"?

In H town, med center, high step scores. I'd love to go here but will probably end up as a silent reject lol

Just got an II today!! OOS complete 7/8

Reactions: 4 users
FIRST INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY!!! Y'all I am ecstatic!!!!!!!!

OOS, complete 7/12, LizzyM ~ 76

OOS complete 7/10, probably got passed at this point then

Got an II from them today too! This cycle has been surreal for me so far.

OOS complete 7/10, probably got passed at this point then
How uncommon is it to be put on "hold" and invited to interview at a later date, inconsistent with when you were complete? Like, is it unreasonable to think that those of us without an II, who may be somewhat competitive, are on a sort of pre-interview waitlist? Genuine curiosity.

How uncommon is it to be put on "hold" and invited to interview at a later date, inconsistent with when you were complete? Like, is it unreasonable to think that those of us without an II, who may be somewhat competitive, are on a sort of pre-interview waitlist? Genuine curiosity.
possible, but tough at baylor bc i'm OOS and the chances were low any way so we'll see

Not uncommon. Don't read too much into others getting II's, even if they completed later. The review process is long and convoluted.

Look at it as "you're just in the 'maybe' pile". There are more applications still being submitted, and once the admissions committee compares you to the new ones, they will decide on more interview candidates.

Reactions: 1 users
Aye aye aye II! My life is complete

I know an OOS applicant friend with LizzyM score of 78 already got interview invites... Ugh

II today! LizzyM 77, in-state, submitted secondary 7/2. I can't believe it!!

Reactions: 2 users
II on 8/14, finished secondary early july. OOS 3.9 521

II today! OOS, 3.99, 521. Finished secondary early July

Reactions: 1 users
Got an II on 8/14, OOS. Does anyone know if we have to sign up for a specific time during the day for the interview or is it just confirm the interview date and that is it?

Holding out hope for an OOS II still but slowly losing it haha

Reactions: 3 users
What month are we on now for IIs, Im still hoping :p

Got an II on 8/14, OOS. Does anyone know if we have to sign up for a specific time during the day for the interview or is it just confirm the interview date and that is it?

When did you submit, if you don't mind me asking?