2018-2019 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone accepted off the alternate list able to access MyHealthConnect? Was trying to get my immunization in order but the webpage gives me the notice: "We apologize, but we were unable to locate your record. Please contact the health center." I called the health services but they weren't sure what was going on...

Are you trying to upload your immunizations records? They said you won't have access to it until June 4th if I remember correctly and that's when you should upload it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Are you trying to upload your immunizations records? They said you won't have access to it until June 4th if I remember correctly and that's when you should upload it.

On that note, my TDAP vaccination was 10 years ago. They said if older than 10 years it needs a booster shot. Mine was exactly 10 years old on May 8th. I am going to be out of the country and couldn't schedule an appointment in time before leaving so now I'm wondering if it would be ok to get it soon as I'm back as long as it's before classes start. I have an appointment scheduled already for the week before classes start.

Yeah, I saw that on the accepted central. I wasn't trying to upload, but just making sure the MyHealthConnect worked for me so I don't have any hiccups on June 4th. Does your MyHealthConnect also say unable to locate records as of right now?

Not too sure about your TDAP situation, but I would assume they would be fine with it if you give them prior notice?

Yeah, I saw that on the accepted central. I wasn't trying to upload, but just making sure the MyHealthConnect worked for me so I don't have any hiccups on June 4th. Does your MyHealthConnect also say unable to locate records as of right now?

Not too sure about your TDAP situation, but I would assume they would be fine with it if you give them prior notice?

PM'd you. And good point, i should just call them haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there are scenarios in which PIs of applicants are contacted, but the applicant isn't ultimately accepted?

Does anyone know if there are scenarios in which PIs of applicants are contacted, but the applicant isn't ultimately accepted?
I had a friend last year who's PI got a call but it ended up not going anywhere, obviously n=1 sample size but it has happened.

I got a CWRU ID from being on the Case waitlist (forgot to withdraw). Can I just use that one for my CCLCM financial aid?

I got a CWRU ID from being on the Case waitlist (forgot to withdraw). Can I just use that one for my CCLCM financial aid?

I'm pretty sure you'll be using the same one. They usually only generate one of those per person so I don't think they'd make a new one.

Did everyone matriculating receive an email about registering online with Silk Road? According to the website it says the emails went out this week but I haven't gotten anything

Got the silk road stuff today. Some of the stuff is already past due though lol. And there's no way I'm going to be able to be drug tested by July 1st considering how I don't get to Cleveland until July 1st.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the silk road stuff today. Some of the stuff is already past due though lol. And there's no way I'm going to be able to be drug tested by July 1st considering how I don't get to Cleveland until July 1st.

You said everything that was on my mind haha. I'm assuming those deadlines aren't hard deadlines because they literally just sent us the stuff today (or at least I hope they aren't). I'm also not getting into Cleveland until like July 5th so...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got notified about an overdue task today after getting the emails yesterday. I couldn't even get logged in because my connection is very unreliable right now. Gonna have to find an internet cafe or something just to fill these out lol.

Did anyone fill out the research questionnaire? They ask specifically basic science for everything but all my research was considered more on the translational side of things.

After filling in your health information, did anyone else get 6 forms relating to varsity athletes? I mean, I'm a lot of things, but varsity athlete is definitely not one of them.

• Haha
Sorry to revive a dead thread here - but I am a 2019-2020 applicant with a question about the research essay:

Would it be appropriate to discuss a failed project? This project was the first time a team at my University had utilized CRISPR/Cas9. We attempted to remove a segment of a cell receptor. The Cas9 splicing was effective, however we ended up with a frame shift and non sense mediated decay as opposed to a functional protein that lacked an intracellular component. Being that we were the first at our university to use it, it was exciting that we got the thing to work. We learned from the results (failure is still a result) and have now moved on to successfully use it in another project with an adjustment of procedure.

TL:DR While not some godly “Look what I have done with all of my publications blah blah” is that an appropriate topic to discuss, where the result was failure?

Sorry to revive a dead thread here - but I am a 2019-2020 applicant with a question about the research essay:

Would it be appropriate to discuss a failed project? This project was the first time a team at my University had utilized CRISPR/Cas9. We attempted to remove a segment of a cell receptor. The Cas9 splicing was effective, however we ended up with a frame shift and non sense mediated decay as opposed to a functional protein that lacked an intracellular component. Being that we were the first at our university to use it, it was exciting that we got the thing to work. We learned from the results (failure is still a result) and have now moved on to successfully use it in another project with an adjustment of procedure.

TL:DR While not some godly “Look what I have done with all of my publications blah blah” is that an appropriate topic to discuss, where the result was failure?

That definitely sounds like a good topic- as long as you can write articulately about the process of science and your interactions with it, I believe that’s the main purpose of that prompt

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I was hoping that someone could chime in on the dress code for orientation? Is it business casual as well? Because from what I can tell, there are some scavenger hunts included? Anyone have any idea? Perhaps a current student?

Hey guys, I was hoping that someone could chime in on the dress code for orientation? Is it business casual as well? Because from what I can tell, there are some scavenger hunts included? Anyone have any idea? Perhaps a current student?

I emailed and asked and was told assume the dress code is business casual all week unless told otherwise. They said there will be certain cases where casual dress or business professional dress will be more appropriate and they will notify us of them in an email soon.

Oh thanks!!
I emailed and asked and was told assume the dress code is business casual all week unless told otherwise. They said there will be certain cases where casual dress or business professional dress will be more appropriate and they will notify us of them in an email soon.

Oh thanks!!

Looks like i was wrong, kinda confused since the same person that sent the email gave me the info... But looks like it'll be business formal instead of casual

Looks like i was wrong, kinda confused since the same person that sent the email gave me the info... But looks like it'll be business formal instead of casual
Yeah I just saw that email. Thanks nonetheless!