2020-2021 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate list, PI didn’t get phone call, interviewed late Nov

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone get rejected from the College Program? Are the alternate lists mostly just soft rejects?

Did people hear about these alternate lists through their email or portal? Mine are both empty

Reactions: 1 user
Wait I talked to one of the students apparently waitlist is kinda good cause like a third to a half of the WLs turn to As

Members don't see this ad :)
placed on alternate list interviewed October :/

• Care
Got hit with that post interview R. It hurts, but it is what it is. It's been a fun ride. Congrats to those who have been accepted!

• Care
Got that post-II R! Guess it didn't mean enough when my interviewers kept mentioning how great of a fit I'd be at the end :rolleyes: haha congrats to those accepted though!

• Care
hey guys, just wanted to say not to feel too bummed about not getting into Lerner! I was in your shoes 4 years ago and got waitlisted after a great interview day and eventually rejected. I'm now a 4th year med student that recently matched into one of the competitive early matches. You will be able to achieve your goals no matter where you go! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
hey guys, just wanted to say not to feel too bummed about not getting into Lerner! I was in your shoes 4 years ago and got waitlisted after a great interview day and eventually rejected. I'm now a 4th year med student that recently matched into one of the competitive early matches. You will be able to achieve your goals no matter where you go! Good luck!
Hi! This was so comforting to hear. May I DM you a couple questions?

For accepted students, does anyone know if there's a FB group?

For accepted students, does anyone know if there's a FB group?
I haven’t seen one, just the case fb group which we’re allowed to join. That fb group actually even has our graduation date included with the university program’s

Have any accepted people managed to find more information (I know that's very vague)? My portal leads to the wrong "Accepted Central" (from 2020, or it just hasn't been updated) and I'm eager to pore over brochures and policies etc... Generally just wanna keep learning more about CCLCM before 2nd look beyond what's on their website :)

Have any accepted people managed to find more information (I know that's very vague)? My portal leads to the wrong "Accepted Central" (from 2020, or it just hasn't been updated) and I'm eager to pore over brochures and policies etc... Generally just wanna keep learning more about CCLCM before 2nd look beyond what's on their website :)
Go to offer letter, there’s two that show up, it’s the bottom one that’s most updated and has a link to the 2021 hub

any idea how a LOIntent would look for someone on the alt-list at both lerner and case? i would love to go to either program but obviously prefer lerner and would love to submit a LOIntent to let them know, but I'm afraid that will take me out of consideration for the university program since its uploaded to the same portal
Anecdotal, but I sent a Letter of Interest to Lerner and was rejected from Case the next morning, so I think both programs' committees read it. I had not received an interview for Case, but had for Lerner at that point.

I think the only real waitlist is if they invite you to second look
Not true! Depends on the year, the current M2s have several people (I think maybe 4 or 5) that were not invited to second look but ended up coming to CCLCM. I would not give up hope or withdrawal if you don't get the invite, especially if this is your dream school!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
HI All,

I am a current second year. I do not represent the school at all in this, but there has historically been good waitlist movement (myself included). Typically, as the May first deadline approaches, people may decide to attend other institutions and they will offer seats according to availability of scholarships. (IE we cannot accept anyone over 32 because there are only 32 scholarships.)

March may have some movement, but not much. April is really where things happen. Late April and even May are good movement periods.

Feel free to DM me and I will try to help as much as I can. Hang in there in this last little stretch!

• Care
HI All,

I am a current second year. I do not represent the school at all in this, but there has historically been good waitlist movement (myself included). Typically, as the May first deadline approaches, people may decide to attend other institutions and they will offer seats according to availability of scholarships. (IE we cannot accept anyone over 32 because there are only 32 scholarships.)

March may have some movement, but not much. April is really where things happen. Late April and even May are good movement periods.

Feel free to DM me and I will try to help as much as I can. Hang in there in this last little stretch!
I DM’ed you!

Is anyone else unable to join the FB group in the second look email?

Would anyone be able to tell me when the first day/week of class would be? I'm on the waitlist but I'm just trying to plan ahead just in case :)