2020-2021 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would anyone be able to tell me when the first day/week of class would be? I'm on the waitlist but I'm just trying to plan ahead just in case :)
week of July 6 I think

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Apparently my PI got an email about me and he emailed back his comments. Is this the norm? I feel like I’ve been seeing that people’s PI’s are getting called instead of just an email exchange

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently my PI got an email about me and he emailed back his comments. Is this the norm? I feel like I’ve been seeing that people’s PI’s are getting called instead of just an email exchange
Were you waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
My PI got an email asking for time to call, if that helps. I feel like it's possible the OG email to PIs is like "we can set up a time to talk or you can write back" ? aka I think this is a good thing/wouldn't worry about it too much! :)

So, my PI just got the email today. Does this mean I’m high on their WL?

Mine did as well. Does anyone know what these calls consist of? Sorry I know it's probably somewhere deep in the thread but are these calls different after you've been waitlisted?

Mine did as well. Does anyone know what these calls consist of? Sorry I know it's probably somewhere deep in the thread but are these calls different after you've been waitlisted?
I don't know about specifics, but my PI vaguely mentioned some things, like general questions about my interest in CCLCM and interest in research I think.

I don't know about specifics, but my PI vaguely mentioned some things, like general questions about my interest in CCLCM and interest in research I think.
Do we think that the folks whose PIs were called after they were WL'ed might be considered differently than those whose PIs were contacted before they received their WL? Like, could CCLCM have gone through their WL already and decided to reach out for applicants they thought were stronger for the former, while those of us who had PI contact before the WL already had the PI feedback integrated into the WL decision?

Do we think that the folks whose PIs were called after they were WL'ed might be considered differently than those whose PIs were contacted before they received their WL? Like, could CCLCM have gone through their WL already and decided to reach out for applicants they thought were stronger for the former, while those of us who had PI contact before the WL already had the PI feedback integrated into the WL decision?
Who knows, maybe they are just going through and finding out more information from everyone on their waitlist

Been lurking here for a while- but I interviewed early Dec, WL 2/16, and also had my PI called this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if they have invited people from the WL to second look?

• Hmm
Does a call mean that you're likely to come off the WL?

Seems like there have been a lot more PI calls this year than previous years and I would probably reckon its due to not being able to meet us in person and wanting more info from people who know us personally. It definitely can’t be a bad sign but I’m not sure how much weight to put on it and also want to temper my optimism

Seems like there have been a lot more PI calls this year than previous years and I would probably reckon its due to not being able to meet us in person and wanting more info from people who know us personally. It definitely can’t be a bad sign but I’m not sure how much weight to put on it and also want to temper my optimism
I counted in CCLCM previous years page, and I think the posting report for this year is within range of previous years! Just 1-2 people higher for reporting than usual. People are probably more active online this year.

Does anyone know if there are any current CCLCM students we can reach out to if we have questions?
A little late responding to this, but if you have questions feel free to reach out to me. I’m a second year and am always looking for a reason to avoid studying for Step.

Reactions: 2 users
So I never formally pressed "accept" on the Alternate List page in the portal until now. Do you think that will make a difference? Have I only been placed on the WL now? I'm lowkey freaking out... the email we received didn't say we needed to do anything on the portal and now I'm wondering if I just lost any chance at getting off the alternate list because I accepted so late :( Thoughts?

So I never formally pressed "accept" on the Alternate List page in the portal until now. Do you think that will make a difference? Have I only been placed on the WL now? I'm lowkey freaking out... the email we received didn't say we needed to do anything on the portal and now I'm wondering if I just lost any chance at getting off the alternate list because I accepted so late :( Thoughts?
I kinda doubt it will make any real difference. Its not like you missed a deadline or they order the waitlist in terms of who clicked "accept" the fastest. IMO you are probably fine since I think it is still early for waitlist movement and I doubt you will be heavily penalized for something like that.

when have WL people been notified if they were invited in the past years?

Anyone have an idea of when they will notify students who have received the additional stipend?

Thanks!
No clue, emailed a bit ago and they said they have no info. Will probably ask again during second look

Other accepted peeps should check your mail today!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to keep rehashing this, but have any WL folks received an invite to second look? I have not

second look was today right? Do we think they just might not have invited any WL people?

second look was today right? Do we think they just might not have invited any WL people?
I believe in the past, they only invited WL people whenever an accepted person decided not to attend second look in order to back fill their spot. Maybe this year with it being virtual, they didn't feel the need to invite WL people or there was way less people who decided not to attend, thus less WL people being invited. This is pure speculation tho lol.

I think last year they elected not to invite any WL people due to it being virtual, so it would not be unreasonable to assume they did the same thing this year.

Has there been any WL movement as of yet? Not sure if there would have been but has anyone heard anything?

Reactions: 4 users
Has there been any WL movement as of yet? Not sure if there would have been but has anyone heard anything?
Two people have left the GroupMe since Second Look