2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Drexel has "on-campus" housing in the form of Stiles Hall. Its actually in center city philly and about two blocks from the shuttle stop that runs up to Queen Lane campus. I know one or two people who live there now. They have mixed reviews about it (I mean it IS a dorm) but its mostly grad students so you don't have to worry about people throwing ragers and stuff on a night you need to study.

Most students find housing on their own. There is usually a facebook group that opens for each year in the summer, and you can use that to find a roommate.
How expensive if the housing usually? And do most people live in center city or over in east falls? My partner is going to be moving with me so I’m trying to figure out where we should be looking/which part is the most affordable (since he may be going back to school as well)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who interviewed mid-October hear back for an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
10/17 no call how about you
Seems like they ended offers the week of October 8th (meaning that week heard but the next didn't). I interviewed the weel after you and haven't heard. Looks like we're hearing in December.
Anyone who interviewed 9/20 get a call yesterday?
Seems like they passed your date sorry man. I don't think they would skip one day. They probably have a lot of WL movement so just follow up and don't lose hope.

FWIW some schools send out acceptance calls throughout a week or two instead of only one day. Who knows, there may be more acceptances. Or we might have been deferred.

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW some schools send out acceptance calls throughout a week or two instead of only one day. Who knows, there may be more acceptances. Or we might have been deferred.
I'm praying for this. Early October interviewer here and no call Friday :/

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like they ended offers the week of October 8th (meaning that week heard but the next didn't). I interviewed the weel after you and haven't heard. Looks like we're hearing in December.

Seems like they passed your date sorry man. I don't think they would skip one day. They probably have a lot of WL movement so just follow up and don't lose hope.
I saw someone with a 10/11 date get accepted, I think its on the previous page of this thread
Edit: I see what you mean, the week of the 8th heard but not the week of the 15th I assume is what you mean

I definitely think if they said “week of November 12” that means the whole week.. we can’t lose hope if we didn’t hear on one day. Stay positive gang

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

it's very likely that they're not calling everyone and will email more acceptances next week. dont lose hope!!!
Good point, it is possible they did not call everyone who will be accepted this batch. Although judging by how many people posted on this page that they were called it seems like they are at the very least calling the vast majority.

Would anyone be willing to provide some info for how the faculty interview went? I know it's open file but thats all I got so far. Drexel is a top choice for me so I'd would appreciate any feedback fam
It was by far the most relaxed interview I have had! Each interviewer will vary, but overall the interview was very conversational. Most of the questions were to get to know me and my passions outside of medicine such as music. It was a great day! Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It was by far the most relaxed interview I have had! Each interviewer will vary, but overall the interview was very conversational. Most of the questions were to get to know me and my passions outside of medicine such as music. It was a great day! Good luck! :)
+1. Super chill, just want to get to know you. No ethical/weird questions at all.

Probably shouldn’t expect any decisions today because of Veterans Day, yeah?

Probably shouldn’t expect any decisions today because of Veterans Day, yeah?

It doesn’t look like it’s a holiday according to their academic calendar but who knows

Got an email that I'm on hold this weekend. Complete mid August. Taking this as a silent rejection.

Interviewed 9/12 didn't get the call Friday. WANT TO DIE. Please accept me.

Reactions: 5 users
Submitted mid August and nothing yet. No hold no R no II. Is no news really good news or is this a silent hold?

If they actually accept more people this week this thread is going to implode.

Reactions: 4 users
If they actually accept more people this week this thread is going to implode.

I really hope they do. I doubt they will since it sounds like they called a ton of people Friday, and I don’t know why they would only call some people and email others. But I’m holding out a tiny bit of hope still.

I really hope they do. I doubt they will since it sounds like they called a ton of people Friday, and I don’t know why they would only call some people and email others. But I’m holding out a tiny bit of hope still.

I am holding out way more hope than I realistically should. Someone who was accepted via phone asked about it and they said more to come next week (now this week) so that is what I am going with until they show me otherwise.

Reactions: 1 users
I am holding out way more hope than I realistically should. Someone who was accepted via phone asked about it and they said more to come next week (now this week) so that is what I am going with until they show me otherwise.

I had such a crappy weekend worrying about this I’m going to try and share your hopefulness! Until we get a definitive answer it’s not over yet.

If this is any consolation, i interviewed at another school that called a few people with acceptances and emailed others within the next few days, myself included, with acceptances.

Does this mean people who interviewed the week of the 15th won’t hear till December??

If this is any consolation, i interviewed at another school that called a few people with acceptances and emailed others within the next few days, myself included, with acceptances.
Yeah but what’s the qualifying factor for a phone call..?

Does this mean people who interviewed the week of the 15th won’t hear till December??
at this point with people getting called/ not called I think I rather not have been scored this time around since I didn’t receive a phone call

*screams in agony*
seems like they haven’t sent anything out so far today which is very odd since on the portal it says decisions will be out this week yet it seems like most if not all acceptances were out last friday...

"For those who have already interviewed at Drexel Med, we want to let you know that the first round of decision notifications will be sent during the week of November 12. We cannot predict when your individual application will be considered by the committee. Please feel free to call us at 215-991-8220 with any questions. Thank you.

Decision dates:

Week of November 12, 2018

Week of December 17, 2018

Week of January 21, 2019

Week of Februray 25, 2019

Week of March 25, 2019"

That's now on my portal.

"For those who have already interviewed at Drexel Med, we want to let you know that the first round of decision notifications will be sent during the week of November 12. We cannot predict when your individual application will be considered by the committee. Please feel free to call us at 215-991-8220 with any questions. Thank you.

Decision dates:

Week of November 12, 2018

Week of December 17, 2018

Week of January 21, 2019

Week of Februray 25, 2019

Week of March 25, 2019"

That's now on my portal.

So I called and they said we should hear in the next day or two and that it’s *possible* more acceptances are still going out for this week.

Reactions: 5 users
So I called and they said we should hear in the next day or two and that it’s *possible* more acceptances are still going out for this week.

Well this doesn't help the fact that I've been alternating between expecting a waitlist/R and small glimmers of hope that there are some more acceptances left lol. But at least there is still a chance...

the hero we needed

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for calling! Seems as if the majority of acceptances still go through call which I find very odd but whatever haha

Well this doesn't help the fact that I've been alternating between expecting a waitlist/R and small glimmers of hope that there are some more acceptances left lol. But at least there is still a chance...

Yeah, I feel you. I don’t want to get my hopes up just to be let down again. But yeah the person I spoke to said they assumed more were still gonna go out because I guess the person calling Friday didn’t finish. I really don’t want to give anyone false hope (myself included) but that’s what they said.

My question is are people going to be given waitlist/rejection decisions as well this week? Does anyone know when the waitlist is forming?

Seems like the cutoff was the week of October 8th (so oct 8-12). Feels bad for us who interviewed the week right after :(

My question is are people going to be given waitlist/rejection decisions as well this week? Does anyone know when the waitlist is forming?

I took it as all decisions (acceptances, WL’s, R’s) for the groups that have been reviewed will go out via email this week.

I received an acceptance call on Friday- and just received the email and portal update!

I received the acceptance call Friday! Literally, a dream come true, especially after getting waitlisted by my state school earlier during the week. Hang in there guys, hoping you all get in as well :)

I received the acceptance call Friday! Literally, a dream come true, especially after getting waitlisted by my state school earlier during the week. Hang in there guys, hoping you all get in as well :)

Congrats! What day did you interview?

Looks like all the acceptances from this decision date have been made/sent out?