Mar 27, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Does anyone know if there's a fb page for Drexel 2023?
The link provided under the 'pre-matriculation' tab takes you to a page for 2022

Jul 7, 2018
Status
Does anyone know if there's a fb page for Drexel 2023?
The link provided under the 'pre-matriculation' tab takes you to a page for 2022
It seems like the email and all of the info they sent is still the 2022 stuff. Maybe they will update it

Mar 5, 2018
Status
I just saw the $100 deposit is non-refundable, is this accurate?

May 14, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
That is interesting, hmm. In my portal under "admissions decision" --> deposit, at the top it says it is refundable. Might be worth making a phone call and asking them.

May 28, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I saw the same thing but on the admissions portal itself, it definitely says refundable until April 30. I don't think they're even allowed to make it non-refundable.

Reactions: futuredoc1020
Nov 4, 2017
Status
That is interesting, hmm. In my portal under "admissions decision" --> deposit, at the top it says it is refundable. Might be worth making a phone call and asking them.
I think it's a glitch, because they labeled the deposit payment as med school application fee (assuming its a secondary fee). I'm sure its refundable, but you can ask to make sure.

KaioKaizen

Spaghet Boi
Mar 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Jul 7, 2018
Status
Im personally holding off on sending the deposit (but its my only acceptance so I obvi will). All of the dates and stuff they sent us were for last cycle so kinda just waiting to see if they update those.

phillyapple

2+ Year Member
May 2, 2016
Status
MSAR says only 25 people get accepted out of 350 waitlisted. Not hopeful haha
From what I remember from interview day, they'll review you again at the next meeting. You can be deferred all the way until the last meeting, at which point they'll put you on the waitlist. I believe those numbers are from the waitlist that is formed at the end of the cycle.

I know how you feel though, I'm sitting on a waitlist and was deferred at the other school I interviewed at. It's painful. But keep your head up, they might accept you at a future meeting!

Reactions: ctvlf6
Aug 31, 2018
Interviewed late september. Have yet to hear back. Recently called in to Drexel and they said I will not hear back until next month.

May 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed late september. Have yet to hear back. Recently called in to Drexel and they said I will not hear back until next month.
Did they give any indication as to why you weren't reviewed in the first batch? I was interviewed early October and am now wondering if I'll also be in the next month batch. But seems like they aren't going in chronological order with reviewing interviewees

Aug 31, 2018
Did they give any indication as to why you weren't reviewed in the first batch? I was interviewed early October and am now wondering if I'll also be in the next month batch. But seems like they aren't going in chronological order with reviewing interviewees
Unfortunately they did not.

acciobutterbeer

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Status
It may be that we were reviewed but they aren’t ready to make a decision to offer or reject. They’ll hold on to our apps until the next round to see how we compare to that pool. Just speculating though

phillyapple

2+ Year Member
May 2, 2016
Status
It may be that we were reviewed but they aren’t ready to make a decision to offer or reject. They’ll hold on to our apps until the next round to see how we compare to that pool. Just speculating though
But then we would receive correspondence letting us know that we were deferred? At this point I'm just hoping that they aren't sending me a rejection through snail mail (because for some cruel reason a bunch of schools do that post-interview).

acciobutterbeer

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Status
But then we would receive correspondence letting us know that we were deferred? At this point I'm just hoping that they aren't sending me a rejection through snail mail (because for some cruel reason a bunch of schools do that post-interview).
It could be that we hear about the deferral today or tomorrow :( it seems like they are slowly but surely sending out emails

Edit: could be that we get accepted today or tomorrow but I’m trying not to get my hopes up haha

Aug 31, 2018
Let us hope that is not the case.

Reactions: phillyapple
Sep 17, 2018
I just called the admissions office (interviewed early October), and they looked me up by AMCAS ID. I was told they have everything together and are just waiting on the admissions committee to make a vote and that I should be hearing back within the next week. So it looks like they are not reviewing in order, lets stay patient guys!

acciobutterbeer

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Status
I just called the admissions office (interviewed early October), and they looked me up by AMCAS ID. I was told they have everything together and are just waiting on the admissions committee to make a vote and that I should be hearing back within the next week. So it looks like they are not reviewing in order, lets stay patient guys!
Did you call the general office number or the number listed in the portal?