2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh man I missed all this drama last week, for some reason I thought we’d be hearing back THIS week :laugh: Probably for be best though, sounds like they didn’t get to us end of November people yet?
from what I can tell, I don't think they got to the end of november! Someone said there may be some decisions going out today though

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious - was exactly does “deferred “ mean in Drexel ?
I'm going to bold and increase the size of this.
...not true.

It literally means they're putting you aside to review your file later. You may not be a strong enough applicant to get accepted right off the bat, but they will review your file once they offer II/acceptances to the stronger applicants and get to your calibre of applicant. Myself and many others were put on hold/deferred pre or post interview last year and then accepted.

The neuroticism is strong with this thread already this year. :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks .

I am sad that they still haven’t gotten to late November peeps .... so disappointing....
Just realized my post above is snarky. Not how I meant it to be, I meant I was genuinely bolding and supersizing to make it more noticeable to be helpful.

The wait is rough, hang in there!

Alternatively if anyone wants something to do besides compulsively check inboxes

Come play Werewolf!

Ugh man I hope this doesn't mean late November people will have to wait until February :( Has anyone from late November heard back today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick data point - but I got a II today after receiving an 'application hold' email back in October.

Reactions: 18 users
Quick data point - but I got a II today after receiving an 'application hold' email back in October.
Congrats! What interview dates are still available? Does anyone know when they interview til?

Just got the R via email. Pretty bummed considering they gave me a waitlist spot last cycle, whatever.

Just got an e-mail today 8:17AM PST. Deferred. Interviewed end of October.
Any tips on any e-mails I can send them to hopefully get an acceptance?

Late October interview, deferred today. Do they want updates emailed or uploaded to portal. Confused.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Question for those accepted, do you activate your Drexel account even if you haven't committed to going? It seems like this is the only place to check your financial aid status unless I'm missing something?

maintaining hope that my update letter will turn my hold to a possible II.

Reactions: 2 users
omg you think early december people will have to wait until march???
I think they might ... right now mid November and end if November are waiting till end of February .... of course I don’t know for sure - they might speed things up . I think March is worst case

I think they might ... right now mid November and end if November are waiting till end of February .... of course I don’t know for sure - they might speed things up . I think March is worst case

march is the last date they have right now for releasing decisions, really hoping they speed things up because otherwise i have no idea how they're going to get through everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Good Lord- what about the January interviews? Next cycle?

Reactions: 6 users
II - one date available on Monday, about 8 in March.

78 LM, IS, complete 8/3.

Reactions: 1 users
II. Complete in August. Never been to phili so this’ll be a fun trip!

II. Complete in August. Never been to phili so this’ll be a fun trip!

You've gotta try and make it to the Mutter Museum if you have time! Very famous museum with a ton of medical oddities if you haven't heard of it before. Also highly recommend Reading Terminal Market for all the different types of food your heart desires, including philly cheesesteaks.

Congrats on the II and enjoy your time in Philly! :)

Reactions: 3 users
You've gotta try and make it to the Mutter Museum if you have time! Very famous museum with a ton of medical oddities if you haven't heard of it before. Also highly recommend Reading Terminal Market for all the different types of food your heart desires, including philly cheesesteaks.

Congrats on the II and enjoy your time in Philly! :)

I have sundays off work so I’ll most likely head down early Sunday morning and spend the day in the city. Thanks for the tips definitely hitting up that museum :)

They have like half of Einstein's brain. It is a very strange place.

Reactions: 2 users