2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II OOS complete 8/30! Don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received II Yesterday, complete in December, GPA 3.47 MCAT 513, and URM; trust me I am just as shocked as you are

Reactions: 7 users
Question for those accepted, do you activate your Drexel account even if you haven't committed to going? It seems like this is the only place to check your financial aid status unless I'm missing something?

You don't have to commit until end of April so you can definitely activate your account even if you won't be attending.

For accepted students who created their Discover Drexel Account, does it display any financial aid info? Mine is completely blank.

so there's now a Facebook page posted on the "Welcome" page under the "Pre-Matriculation" tab, but it's for class of 2022 :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like the interface or the lecture materials themselves?
The interface. I wish it was all kinda like the module at the end instead of having the 3 different types. But since they were trialing that last year, they may make the switch this year.

so there's now a Facebook page posted on the "Welcome" page under the "Pre-Matriculation" tab, but it's for class of 2022 :/
I think you may be able to join it while they make the 2023 group.
I highly encourage y'all to NOT do that. The last thing you want is to be labelled "That" person. Like I said earlier, your class's fb page will be up by May/June.
Plus I'm pretty sure they verify whether you're actually a matriculated student or not before they accept your request to join the group.

I highly encourage y'all to NOT do that. The last thing you want is to be labelled "That" person. Like I said earlier, your class's fb page will be up by May/June.
Plus I'm pretty sure they verify whether you're actually a matriculated student or not before they accept your request to join the group.
well there's gonna be lot of requests since they posted that link on the actual portal lol

Could any current student comment on the 3rd year rotations at Kaiser in Sacramento?

Could any current student comment on the 3rd year rotations at Kaiser in Sacramento?

Im not at Kaiser, but only 20 students get to go there per year

My interviewer mentioned they weren't sure if they will still have that affiliation in the coming years since Kaiser is opening their own med school in SoCal.

For accepted students who created their Discover Drexel Account, does it display any financial aid info? Mine is completely blank.
Mine is blank as well. Anyone knows when aid info will be released?

I spoke to financial aid department Drexel Central and they told me we would get our package in mid march.

Following up with a question, do you guys know if the financial aid they offer will generally be only loans or do they offer merit or need based scholarships through this portal as well?

I spoke to financial aid department Drexel Central and they told me we would get our package in mid march.

Following up with a question, do you guys know if the financial aid they offer will generally be only loans or do they offer merit or need based scholarships through this portal as well?

These scholarships would also be on Drexel One.

Last edited:
@ciestar Thanks for all your help on the forums! Do you know if it's easy for students to get research opportunities at Drexel? How many hours do students spend in a physical classroom per week usually?

@ciestar Thanks for all your help on the forums! Do you know if it's easy for students to get research opportunities at Drexel? How many hours do students spend in a physical classroom per week usually?

Nobody i know struggled to find opportunities. Heck, I emailed a PI and got an invitation to see his research, and i didn’t have any prior research.

Physical classroom? I am not totally sure, as I was on the old curriculum, but generally, you have stuff going on 3-4 days a week on campus.

Reactions: 1 user
These scholarships would also be on Drexel One.
Do they send out all scholarships in March, or are you supposed to get them upon acceptance? And by your answer are you saying they give both need and merit based grants in addition to loans?

Do they send out all scholarships in March, or are you supposed to get them upon acceptance? And by your answer are you saying they give both need and merit based grants in addition to loans?

All of the above would be in these packages. For reference, my EFC was zero and i got nothing but loans from drexel

Interviewing here next week---is there an essay portion of the interview? Or was that how they did it in the past?

Interviewing tomorrow :) Would anyone be able to inform me if they provide light snacks/breakfast/coffee in the morning?

Interviewing tomorrow :) Would anyone be able to inform me if they provide light snacks/breakfast/coffee in the morning?
They have a table set up in the corner of the room with stuff . I interviewed in the afternoon though , so I am not sure about breakfast , but there was coffee and snacks . And the lunch was very nice - sandwiches . Loved them . Coffeee is great too , - I went straight for the coffee machine when I got there :))))). Maybe ppl who interviewed in the morning can give you better idea about breakfast

i believe there were light snacks, water, and coffee in the morning. still would recommend eating breakfast before hand though. the lunch was very good though

Nobody i know struggled to find opportunities. Heck, I emailed a PI and got an invitation to see his research, and i didn’t have any prior research.

Physical classroom? I am not totally sure, as I was on the old curriculum, but generally, you have stuff going on 3-4 days a week on campus.
Would you say most people do research at Drexel or do a lot go to Penn/Jefferson?

Did anybody else get the webinar invite or is that just for select people through the diversity and inclusion office?

Application complete late August, haven’t hear anything from them, what are the chances of an interview? Anyone else?

Have you already interviewed or been invited to II? Just curious- I have not II nor did I get the webinar invite
Thanks

The subject line of the email says “Accepted Students Webinar” so I think it’s like an online second look.

The subject line of the email says “Accepted Students Webinar” so I think it’s like an online second look.
well that explains why i havent gotten it :))) hahhahaha (i am a batch of late november that is still waiting for results)

well that explains why i havent gotten it :))) hahhahaha (i am a batch of late november that is still waiting for results)

Ugh that must be torture! If it makes you feel any better I didn't hear during the week everyone else from my II day was, and then I got accepted the next month. I think I waited 10.5 weeks total for a decision.

Ugh that must be torture! If it makes you feel any better I didn't hear during the week everyone else from my II day was, and then I got accepted the next month. I think I waited 10.5 weeks total for a decision.
no one heard from my batch yet. It has been 10 weeks, if i am counting right. And it is my understanding that the next wave of decisions is not till February 25th. So, it will be 13 weeks total :))) SLOW SLOW TORTURE

Reactions: 3 users
no one heard from my batch yet. It has been 10 weeks, if i am counting right. And it is my understanding that the next wave of decisions is not till February 25th. So, it will be 13 weeks total :))) SLOW SLOW TORTURE

Oh man, 13 weeks is BRUTAL! Hang in there!

Do people think they’ll have more committee meetings than posted on the portal since they’re over 2 months behind with only 2 more dates listed?

Do people think they’ll have more committee meetings than posted on the portal since they’re over 2 months behind with only 2 more dates listed?
Had my interview there yesterday and they said that they meet every week and rank candidates who have interviewed from a scale of 1-5. Then, on the third Thursday of the month, they'll take those piles from 1-5 and then make and send out decisions. Sorry if this isn't too clear but this is just what I heard!