2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder what the odds of actually getting off the waitlist are. Drexel’s my best hope.

RT. People continuing to withdraw their As is giving us waitlisters an increasingly better shot at coming off of it. It should be a hectic month of May

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed in March still nothing. Anybody in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They told me yesterday that they are still reviewing every Thursday. That we could hear back today, tomorrow or anytime after that.

If you think this info is useless it’s because it is :/

Reactions: 4 users
If you guys look at the school thread from last year some people didn't get decisions until mid-May :/

If you guys look at the school thread from last year some people didn't get decisions until mid-May :/

Just saw, they had two main decision dates... 5/10 and 5/14, wonder if it will be similar this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Its all good. Enjoy your vacation! Im sure @Melchizedek could post it if he has it (and isnt on vacation as well)
I have it. I didn't upload it previously because I was wondering if there was a certain reason the school was keeping it under wraps, but talked to student affairs today and they said it was okay to post it.

Now pay me with likes! lol

Attachments

• Drexel 2019 Match List.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 297
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could any of this have an effect on residency programs available at Hahnemann? I know having home programs during interview season is a big plus for students.

Bump for thoughts on this if HUH closes?? Starting to get really worried this could have a huge impact several years down the road

I have it. I didn't upload it previously because I was wondering if there was a certain reason the school was keeping it under wraps, but talked to student affairs today and they said it was okay to post it.

Now pay me with likes! lol
If it matters, here's the breakdown:
22 Anesthesiology
1 Child Neurology
1 Dermatology
16 EM
15 FM (1 rural)
16 General Surgery
61 IM
3 Interventional Radiology
1 Medicine - pediatrics
18 Medicine - preliminary
1 Medicine - primary
1 Neurosurgery
5 Neurology (1 w/ research)
20 OB/GYN
4 Ophtho
8 Ortho
3 ENT
2 Pathology
26 Pediatrics
3 PMR
1 Plastic Surgery
9 Psychiatry
1 Rad-Onc
7 Radiology
10 Surgery - preliminary
11 Transitional
4 Urology
2 Vascular Surgery

Interviewed late March just waitlisted.

Wow you guys just made my heart stop...checked my email...nothing

Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed April 4th. My first acceptance and I've never been so relieved!!

513 MCAT, 3.96 GPA, first year applicant

Reactions: 20 users
Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed April 4th. My first acceptance and I've never been so relieved!!

I interviewed then too but haven’t heard anything yet...

Congratulations! That first acceptance is the best feeling- go celebrate

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone on the waitlist hear back yet?
I kinda doubt there will be movement until after the deadline this coming week since they are still giving some applicants their initial decision post-interview.

Yes, if you look at last years thread on may 10 a bunch of people got waitlisted, but also some acceptances. Then on may 14 a bunch of people were accepted including those that were literally JUST waitlisted. I thought that was weird.. how you gonna waitlist a person for 4 days thats like pure torture. “Yeah we just wanted to f*** with you, but welcome to Drexel :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone from March 18 or 20 heard back with initial decision?

2zo6dc.jpg

GoT's tonight, Tuesday's April 30th... giddy up everyone

Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew my spot on the waitlist this morning - good luck everyone!

Do you have to submit the deposit before you can receive a financial aid package?

Does anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance from this school?

Probably withdrawing soon here. Goodluck to everyone else!

Withdrew today :( good luck to those who are waiting on a decision!

Reactions: 7 users
Is it just me, or does it seem like based on the past 2 years that most people who got off the waitlist interviewed in March/April?

Is it just me, or does it seem like based on the past 2 years that most people who got off the waitlist interviewed in March/April?

obviously speculation here, but in my opinion it could seem that way for two reasons:
1. those who interviewed later are more likely to still be around this website posting here. earlier interviewees tend to fall off the thread i've noticed.
2. while this isn't necessarily true, earlier interviewers may be stronger candidates that got into other schools and thus committed elsewhere by this time

• Love
Is the Facebook group link on the pre matriculation page the right link? It says DUCOM class of 2022, but wouldn’t this class be 2023?

Edit: nvm figured it out!!

Last edited:
Withdrew; best of luck everyone! Hope someone else will take my slot :)

I requested to join the class of 2023 Facebook page a few days ago and haven't been added yet. Anyone know how long this takes?

Withdrawing from the waitlist today, best of luck to everyone!

Hey guys, I was wondering if any current students might be able to comment on how difficult it would be to have a dog while starting at DUCOM. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I was wondering if any current students might be able to comment on how difficult it would be to have a dog while starting at DUCOM. Thanks in advance!

Same! I got accepted off the waitlist today, 5/1! ( I got an email around 3pm, I interviewed on April 4th, waitlisted on April 26th.) I would love love love to bring my dog.

Same! I got accepted off the waitlist today, 5/1! ( I got an email around 3pm, I interviewed on April 4th, waitlisted on April 26th.) I would love love love to bring my dog.

LM? also could you message me?
anyone know if we should expect more acceptances from the waitlist list week?

Last edited:
LM? also could you message me?
anyone know if we should expect more acceptances from the waitlist list week?

Yeah I guess people are being pulled off waitlist now. Today is another decision day, I feel like we might see some more waitlist movement for the next full week..

Things are looking kind of grim for us March interviewees though, especially mid march. Early April and late march interviewees have gotten responses, that’s super great for them but does this mean we are just awaiting a Rejection? :/

Yeah I guess people are being pulled off waitlist now. Today is another decision day, I feel like we might see some more waitlist movement for the next full week..

Things are looking kind of grim for us March interviewees though, especially mid march. Early April and late march interviewees have gotten responses, that’s super great for them but does this mean we are just awaiting a Rejection? :/
That sounds a little dramatic