2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrawing acceptance as well! Good luck to anyone still running

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew acceptance and scholarship. Good luck my people!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, what kind of stats did people have to get scholarships?

Reactions: 1 users
Declining acceptance from here
GL to everyone else still waiting!!

withdrawing my acceptance, good luck to yall!

Reactions: 9 users
Y’alls declines ^ is like music to my ears, here’s to some good news this week.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Interviewed end of March and no, this was the first I had heard from Drexel since the interview!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted people know if you have to select "Plan to Enroll" in AAMC since Drexel has their own decision checklist we have to fill out?

How has second look been?

I had a great time. The day was mostly standard info sessions, and quite a bit of time getting to talk to current students which was nice. Overall really enjoyed everyone I met and felt like the overall vibe of the school matched what I felt on interview day: down-to-earth, friendly, and genuine.

The social event after was a good time as well.

Interviewed end of March and no, this was the first I had heard from Drexel since the interview!
Congratulations that's awesome!!! I interviewed late march as well so I will be commencing my obsessive email refresh now lol

Any accepted people know if you have to select "Plan to Enroll" in AAMC since Drexel has their own decision checklist we have to fill out?

No we do not. I called admissions about that. The only AMCAS deadline is commit to enroll and Drexel has there’s set in July.

Reactions: 1 user
No we do not. I called admissions about that. The only AMCAS deadline is commit to enroll and Drexel has there’s set in July.
That helps a lot. Thanks! AFAIK schools will be able to see on April 30th if someone has selected "Plan to Enroll" in AMCAS which could cause the school to be less likely to offer an acceptance to that person if they are on the WL (just a theory but seems like thats the plan for a lot of schools).

That helps a lot. Thanks! AFAIK schools will be able to see on April 30th if someone has selected "Plan to Enroll" in AMCAS which could cause the school to be less likely to offer an acceptance to that person if they are on the WL (just a theory but seems like thats the plan for a lot of schools).

Yes, I am not selecting plan to enroll through the AMCAS portal any time soon

Yes, I am not selecting plan to enroll through the AMCAS portal any time soon
But couldnt it also be possible that if schools see that you chose “plan to enroll”, that might be an incentive to offer you a scholarship if they really wanted you at their school? JS (Ps: for schools you’ve been accepted to)

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted! First time hearing back since interview day

Reactions: 10 users
i thought this school rejected people. why have i only heard silence since July?

Has anyone that interviewed in early March heard back? I interviewed on 3/7 and still got no news.

Has anyone that interviewed in early March heard back? I interviewed on 3/7 and still got no news.

I haven’t heard back either, interviewed 3/4

Last edited:
Just got waitlisted :/, does anyone know how many people generally get accepted off the waitlist?

Last edited:
Just got waitlisted :/, does anyone know how many people generally get accepted off the waitlist?

Damn dude. You got my heart beating like crazy. I interviewed 3/18 and, like you, I was wondering why some people who interviewed after us were hearing back. Then you say you got the waitlist email .. guess I’ll keep refreshing my email..

But couldnt it also be possible that if schools see that you chose “plan to enroll”, that might be an incentive to offer you a scholarship if they really wanted you at their school? JS (Ps: for schools you’ve been accepted to)
The "plan to enroll" doesn't take you off the radar for other schools that you may be on the waitlist for! If you put "commit to enroll", there's an unwritten rule that other schools can't send you acceptances. It's kinda like I plan to marry this person versus I commit to marry this person. "Plan"= if this keeps going the way it is, I'm coming here. "Commit"= I only see you. You're the one for me.

I have not received FA yet, but not really. I'm honestly lost in this whole process though - afraid to make the wrong decision.

Feel free to withdraw that acceptance whenever you get the chance my dude. We’ll be waiting..

Reactions: 4 users
How has second look been?

I'll be honest, I have been so apprehensive about leaving my home state for the first time and then starting something as significant as med school and in a big city much less.... but Drexel felt so much like home to me. The curriculum feels right for me and the students numerically perform above the national average. And then I vibed so hard with the diversity of this school, and the Diversity/Equity/Inclusion faculty are frickin' awesome humans. The staff and faculty truly appear to care a lot about the success and well-being of the students. I clicked incredibly well with pretty much everyone I met, to include faculty, current students, and future classmates. The students I talked with were so energetic and down-to-earth, and their responses were so organic and real that I knew that were telling it to me straight when they said they love the school. Then the social afterward was a lot of fun!

The only downside to the weekend was that the bookstore is closed on the weekends and we couldn't buy any gear.

Obviously, take all of this is with a grain of salt as I'm not a current student, but those are the feels I got!

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I have been so apprehensive about leaving my home state for the first time and then starting something as significant as med school and in a big city much less.... but Drexel felt so much like home to me. The curriculum feels right for me and the students numerically perform above the national average. And then I vibed so hard with the diversity of this school, and the Diversity/Equity/Inclusion faculty are frickin' awesome humans. The staff and faculty truly appear to care a lot about the success and well-being of the students. I clicked incredibly well with pretty much everyone I met, to include faculty, current students, and future classmates. The students I talked with were so energetic and down-to-earth, and their responses were so organic and real that I knew that were telling it to me straight when they said they love the school. Then the social afterward was a lot of fun!

The only downside to the weekend was that the bookstore is closed on the weekends and we couldn't buy any gear.

Obviously, take all of this is with a grain of salt as I'm not a current student, but those are the feels I got!

I second everything you said. Super chill vibes and am very encouraged by the supportive noncompetitive atmosphere between students.

Also was hoping to cop some Drexel swag lol

Reactions: 2 users
I second everything you said. Super chill vibes and am very encouraged by the supportive noncompetitive atmosphere between students.

Also was hoping to cop some Drexel swag lol

Honestly I had a much different experience (with my interview day). My interviewer seemed extremely disinterested, and the way they set up the day gave our group a good 60 minutes of down time. I spoke to other interviewees who also had really negative experiences with their interviewer, and while I was waiting around I noticed that nobody’s interview lasted more than 20 minutes. Also my student guide kept saying that she was depressed and that she hates Philadelphia. She also mentioned being claustrophobic because the classes seemed limited to 1 building for the first couple of years. Again mentioned stress with a haphazard schedule that changes week to week.

Last edited:
Honestly I had a much different experience (with my interview day). My interviewer seemed extremely disinterested, and the way they set up the day gave our group a good 60 minutes of down time. I spoke to other interviewees who also had really negative experiences with their interviewer, and while I was waiting around I noticed that nobody’s interview lasted more than 20 minutes. Also my student guide kept saying that she was depressed and that she hates Philadelphia. She also mentioned being claustrophobic because the classes seemed limited to 1 building for the first couple of years. She also mentioned stress with a haphazard schedule that changes week to week.

My student was also very honest with us about the inconsistencies with the class schedule, that she hated! She did like her classmates and the environment and felt the staff was very helpful though.

Honestly I had a much different experience (with my interview day). My interviewer seemed extremely disinterested, and the way they set up the day gave our group a good 60 minutes of down time. I spoke to other interviewees who also had really negative experiences with their interviewer, and while I was waiting around I noticed that nobody’s interview lasted more than 20 minutes. Also my student guide kept saying that she was depressed and that she hates Philadelphia. She also mentioned being claustrophobic because the classes seemed limited to 1 building for the first couple of years. Again mentioned stress with a haphazard schedule that changes week to week.

I mean this really sounds like personal problems for that student. She hates Philly? That doesn’t mean you have to hate it lmao. Most people love the city. Claustrophobic? The campus isn’t the newest, shiniest building for sure...but show me a med school that isn’t in one or two buildings? That doesn’t really make any sense.

Also my interview lasted closer to 40 minutes and was the most friendly and positive of my interviews this cycle so YMMV.

Did anyone get accepted from wait list

I don't believe anyone has yet - I also don't think the time for WL movement is going to come until after April 30th. Definitely agonizing but not losing hope

does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if we are on the waitlist here and this is our number one choice but a different school has a commit to enroll deadline by may???

does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if we are on the waitlist here and this is our number one choice but a different school has a commit to enroll deadline by may???
Tell them that. Just say "hey you are my top choice but I have to commit to my current acceptance by may x. I would drop my acceptance and WLs if given a spot and I do not want to miss the opportunity to join DUCOM this fall" or something like that

Tell them that. Just say "hey you are my top choice but I have to commit to my current acceptance by may x. I would drop my acceptance and WLs if given a spot and I do not want to miss the opportunity to join DUCOM this fall" or something like that

so helpful, thank you!

I mean this really sounds like personal problems for that student. She hates Philly? That doesn’t mean you have to hate it lmao. Most people love the city. Claustrophobic? The campus isn’t the newest, shiniest building for sure...but show me a med school that isn’t in one or two buildings? That doesn’t really make any sense.

Also my interview lasted closer to 40 minutes and was the most friendly and positive of my interviews this cycle so YMMV.

Lol almost every school I interviewed at you were confined to a single building for the med school. Hating Philly is obviously a personal problem. Wow hahah

I felt the same way after my interview years ago. My interviewer found me during orientation and congratulated me for being there, so it was definitely memorable for him. It felt really nice.

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 3/7. Now I’m faced with the tough decision to choose DO in home state or MD on the other side of the country. Would love to hear from someone debating on the same thing. I am leaning more towards Drexel since there seems to be more opportunities as an MD. I also agree with everyone who felt the genuine, friendly, and supportive vibes at Drexel. I also loved Philly and Philly cheesesteaks lol... good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!

Reactions: 5 users
anyone on hold for continued reevaluation? What is the likelihood of getting an interview if I'm still on this? Also, are we allowed to send in updates/new transcripts if we filled the 3 spaces on the app itself already?

anyone on hold for continued reevaluation? What is the likelihood of getting an interview if I'm still on this? Also, are we allowed to send in updates/new transcripts if we filled the 3 spaces on the app itself already?
I’d email them the new transcripts if you filled up the space. Also I think they are done with interviews because I was told that last day for committee meeting is this coming Thursday. Anyone who knows more, feel free to quote me wrong

I’d email them the new transcripts if you filled up the space. Also I think they are done with interviews because I was told that last day for committee meeting is this coming Thursday. Anyone who knows more, feel free to quote me wrong

Last interview day offering was last week