You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Eastern Virginia Medical School
Started by Lawpy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
YupAnyone still waiting in silence? Haven't received a rejection nor secondary from here.
For anyone who received the secondary, could you kindly check the updated first post and verify they're accurate? Sorry for the delay. Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone who received the secondary, could you kindly check the updated first post and verify they're accurate? Sorry for the delay. Thanks
Yeah they're accurate, same as last year, all 5 of them
Secondary received! 3.5/508 OOS 🙂
It doesAnyone know if the character limit includes spaces or not? Thanks
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
did you add them recently? I forgot to send my primary to them and just did on sunday :/Secondary received! 3.5/508 OOS 🙂
I'm wondering what the GPA cutoff is for the screen. One member had a reject with a 3.4/509 while the other got secondary with a 3.5/508. Perhaps they are selecting applicants based on more than a simple screen?
D
deleted787552
I’m guessing they have a very low stat screen and then are screening for community service or something like thatI'm wondering what the GPA cutoff is for the screen. One member had a reject with a 3.4/509 while the other got secondary with a 3.5/508. Perhaps they are selecting applicants based on more than a simple screen?
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering what the GPA cutoff is for the screen. One member had a reject with a 3.4/509 while the other got secondary with a 3.5/508. Perhaps they are selecting applicants based on more than a simple screen?
I believe I recall reading somewhere that they screen OOS at 3.45, plus I'm sure they consider other factors as well. I wish they would post how many secondaries get submitted like they do with UC Irvine.
Anyone not get the secondary yet?
3.9+ GPA, 508 MCAT here
3.9+ GPA, 508 MCAT here
Anyone not get the secondary yet?
3.9+ GPA, 508 MCAT here
Yes, kinda confused IS ~71 lizzy m...
don’t know what’s going on
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D
deleted787552
I for one am fine with this school holding off on sending secondaries. Focus on the positive guys- they’re obviously not doing a stat screen and now we all get more time to put this secondary off and work on all the others we’re swamped with
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep still waiting OOSAnyone not get the secondary yet?
3.9+ GPA, 508 MCAT here
OOS, Secondary received --> ~64 LM
Secondary received OOS, stats in signature
Secondary received
+1Secondary received
Still nada on my end. Did you guys submit the first day?
Wonder when they will start sending out IIs...
Following..
How did you guys enter the combined lecture and lab courses regarding credits?
For example, I took General Chemistry for 4 credits which included a lab and lecture section. But EVMS breaks it up into a separate lab and lecture sections so I'm not sure whether to put 0 credits for the gen chem "lab" section and 4 credits for the gen chem "lecture" section (so it adds up to 4 total credits) or should I put 4 credits for both the lecture and the lab? It wasn't an 8 credit course which is why I'm hesitant on how to enter it lol.
For example, I took General Chemistry for 4 credits which included a lab and lecture section. But EVMS breaks it up into a separate lab and lecture sections so I'm not sure whether to put 0 credits for the gen chem "lab" section and 4 credits for the gen chem "lecture" section (so it adds up to 4 total credits) or should I put 4 credits for both the lecture and the lab? It wasn't an 8 credit course which is why I'm hesitant on how to enter it lol.
The directions said to enter "Lab and Lecture" for both and put 4 credit hours for both.How did you guys enter the combined lecture and lab courses regarding credits?
For example, I took General Chemistry for 4 credits which included a lab and lecture section. But EVMS breaks it up into a separate lab and lecture sections so I'm not sure whether to put 0 credits for the gen chem "lab" section and 4 credits for the gen chem "lecture" section (so it adds up to 4 total credits) or should I put 4 credits for both the lecture and the lab? It wasn't an 8 credit course which is why I'm hesitant on how to enter it lol.
I put "lab and lecture" for both like the instructions said, but I wasn't sure if those instructions also implied the same thing for credit hours. Thank you!The directions said to enter "Lab and Lecture" for both and put 4 credit hours for both.
I look on MSAR and it seems like they offer interviews to 8% of OOS applicants.
Does anyone have any info of the chances if we do not have any connections to Virginia/the school?
Does anyone have any info of the chances if we do not have any connections to Virginia/the school?
Secondary received today, OOS
I look on MSAR and it seems like they offer interviews to 8% of OOS applicants.
Does anyone have any info of the chances if we do not have any connections to Virginia/the school?
You got to remember that not everyone OOS receives the secondary. So the interview percentage is actually higher than 8%. More than half their class is OOS so I would say that there's probably a decent amount without ties to Virginia
How many people IS get the secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted938835
So, on the secondary, they say "For approved 2.00 credit single courses, (such as a prerequisite 2.00 credit lab requirement) you may repeat where you need to, to move through the application. "
Does that mean that if I took a 2 credit Ochem lab that I enter it twice? My school only has 1 lab course for ochem... Did anyone else have to do this?
Does that mean that if I took a 2 credit Ochem lab that I enter it twice? My school only has 1 lab course for ochem... Did anyone else have to do this?
Yeah same thing happened to me lol I did exactly what they said and just entered the same info twice.So, on the secondary, they say "For approved 2.00 credit single courses, (such as a prerequisite 2.00 credit lab requirement) you may repeat where you need to, to move through the application. "
Does that mean that if I took a 2 credit Ochem lab that I enter it twice? My school only has 1 lab course for ochem... Did anyone else have to do this?
D
deleted938835
Ok thanks, I just wasn't sure if it was approved or whateverYeah same thing happened to me lol I did exactly what they said and just entered the same info twice.
Finally got a secondary
Wonder when they will start sending out IIs...
Last year the first II's got sent out around mid-August and they continued until at least February. They're usually sent out in batches. EVMS does reject pre-II, so if you haven't heard back it doesn't necessarily imply a soft rejection.
Anyone having trouble submitting and paying the secondary fee? It keeps saying "An error occurred during processing" for me.
wendapher4066
New Member
I am having the same problem, I tried on multiple devices with multiple cardsAnyone having trouble submitting and paying the secondary fee? It keeps saying "An error occurred during processing" for me.
D
deleted787552
Finally got that secondary! OOS
wendapher4066
New Member
Payment worked this morning without any problems
I drove to the hoop and got rejected. (basketball reference for the ones that are not hip lol) good luck people.
I drove to the hoop and got rejected. (basketball reference for the ones that are not hip lol) good luck people.
Rejected pre-secondary or post-secondary? But sorry to hear that man, getting rejections this early in the cycle definitely stings
Pre-secondary and out of stateRejected pre-secondary or post-secondary? But sorry to hear that man, getting rejections this early in the cycle definitely stings
Submitted secondary 7/12 but I still have the message "Your payment has been successfully received and you will be notified when your file is complete." still haven't received that email. LoR complete and MCAT complete for all other schools. Anyone else not complete yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted secondary 7/12 but I still have the message "Your payment has been successfully received and you will be notified when your file is complete." still haven't received that email. LoR complete and MCAT complete for all other schools. Anyone else not complete yet?
I submitted my secondary on the 6th and got the complete email on the 10th. Wouldn't trip they probably have a lot to go through right now
Ferriswheel804
Full Member
Are people using all 2000 characters for the essays? I'm finding that mine are way shorter (around 1000), but I feel like I am getting my point across. Thoughts?
If you got your point across, I won't ramble just to fill up space. I was no where near the limit on some.Are people using all 2000 characters for the essays? I'm finding that mine are way shorter (around 1000), but I feel like I am getting my point across. Thoughts?