Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Carolinas)

Discussion in 'Osteopathic School-Specific Discussions' started by chizledfrmstone, Jun 17, 2018.

1. golgibutterfly

Thanks for sharing! It seems like the Carolina campus takes more time to fill their seats as opposed to other schools. Makes me feel much better!

jessasaurus likes this.
  2. bencil1234

Any news??? I interviewed on 11/19. They told me I should hear back from them by today but I haven't gotten any calls or emails. Does that mean I am on the waitlist???? :(

3. Silmaril

Silmaril I always have a plan.
    Gold Donor Verified Account 5+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I interviewed 11/8 and was accepted 11/20.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    CanISleepYet? likes this.
  4. bencil1234

Congrats! Did they call you or email you?

5. Silmaril

Thank you! They called me, and then I received the admissions packet in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mp219

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My online portal says complete for the past month, but I did not get an email saying my file is complete. Should I email them to make sure?

7. Silmaril

It took nine days between my secondary application receipt emails to receive the "application complete" email. So it wouldn't hurt to email them just to double-check. I emailed them a few times asking about editing and timing, and they were quite responsive.

8. bencil1234

I just got a call from VCOM!!! Accepted :):):)

9. southflts

Pre-Medical
    I'll be interviewing here soon, any advice or tips on what to accept?

10. Silmaril

The interviewers were all pleasant and didn't ask any curve-ball questions. Two of them actually spoke for the majority of the interview.

I looked up the current studies being conducted at VCOM, and that came in handy during one of the interviews when I was able to ask specific questions about the interviewer's own study that he/she was conducting.

You are going to be doing a lot of walking, because they not only take you around the school, they also took us on a tour of the local YMCA.

southflts likes this.
  11. lv42

2+ Year Member

tbh my interviewers didn't really ask me many questions and the ones they did were like "tell me about this activity you participated in on your application" and things like that. I think only one asked me why I wanted to be a doctor. It was more of a conversation and I asked them far more questions than they asked me. Definitely my most laid back interview.

southflts and mc_490g like this.
  12. mc_490g

Good luck on your interview! I'm interviewing here soon too on 12/10!

southflts and CanISleepYet? like this.
  13. Anaphase

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive financial aid info from the school after you submit your deposit and your info is released to the financial aid department?

14. brywigh

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I remember correctly, you won't find out much about financial aid until pretty late in the game. You can do your FAFSA at any time, but you likely won't hear anything until about May. I think I did my FAFSA in November, then in May they finally released the application for financial aid. You will get a lengthy presentation about financial aid at Accepted Students Day in March and Ms. Belton will make sure that you've done everything you need to do. It takes them a while to sit down and determine the cost of attendance for the year which they likely won't do until the spring. Hope that helps!

15. Anaphase

Thank you!! Do they typically give out much financial aid/scholarships?

16. brywigh

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    As far as I’m aware, no. It’s very different from undergrad. Unless you’re in the military or are fortunate enough to afford tuition, most of us just pay and live off of loans which we get in July and January.

Anaphase and CanISleepYet? like this.
  17. Dhooy7

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pre-Medical
    Anyone get an II? I haven't heard for a few months. Maybe they are behind.

18. JustWnt2BeADoctor

Pre-Medical
    Sent secondary early October and barely got a complete email last week. I was wondering how long it takes to receive an interview after completion email. Thank you!

19. Silmaril

I just relinquished my seat here. Tough decision, but I had to decide between schools before I was out $3000 dollars for two deposits. The campus here is absolutely beautiful, and everyone there was extremely friendly and warm. Best wishes to everyone else applying and interviewing - there is now a seat open, haha. :happy:

MotherofDragonflies and mc_490g like this.
  20. Saltlf2017

I have been complete since October as well. Still haven't heard anything from them.

21. mc_490g

I submitted my secondary on 10/19, got the complete email on 11/12 and received an II on 11/20, I'm not sure what order they're going through the applications but they must have a lot of interviews still to hand out because this board as been quiet for awhile! I was supposed to interview on 12/10 but they rescheduled me for 01/07 because of the bad weather they received (almost a month later). Maybe they are pausing for the holiday season?

22. southflts

Pre-Medical
    Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, hopefully it will go to one of you, best of luck to everyone!

23. mc_490g

Got accepted today!!

mp219, Anaphase, jessasaurus and 2 others like this.
  24. jessasaurus

jessasaurus ~ VCOM-CC ~ Emergency RN
    Bronze Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats :highfive:

mc_490g likes this.
  25. mc_490g

Thank you! :)

26. futurepatho

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate here? Interviewing Monday - super excited :)

27. jessasaurus

jessasaurus ~ VCOM-CC ~ Emergency RN
    Bronze Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don’t have any actual stats, but as long as you are a decent human the % is pretty high. At this point they just want to get to know you a little. I will add though that it gets hairy as the seats get closer to being filled (Feb-Mar). Good luck to you!

futurepatho likes this.
  28. RiseDoc1994