2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since people keep asking I got the same waitlist letter everyone else got. I got a phone call in the morning basically saying within 24 hours I’d get in because I was “high on the waitlist” I wouldn’t worry if you didn’t get that call yet I think the call just meant I was literally about to be accepted which I was. Still plenty of time! You have all of July ahead of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. This may seem to be a silly question, but what do you all suggest when calling to inquire for updates? I have just e-mailed them twice to update them on what I am currently doing and they have responded that they will update the admissions committee . I am also currently in the alternate list. Do I just call their admission and inquire about the waitlist movement? Who did you speak to? Will there be another mini interview regarding my intent in attending the school and etc? What were your experiences during the call? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello. This may seem to be a silly question, but what do you all suggest when calling to inquire for updates? I have just e-mailed them twice to update them on what I am currently doing and they have responded that they will update the admissions committee . I am also currently in the alternate list. Do I just call their admission and inquire about the waitlist movement? Who did you speak to? Will there be another mini interview regarding my intent in attending the school and etc? What were your experiences during the call? Thank you.
I called a few times just to ask standard questions (are you still pulling from the waitlist? for how long will waitlisted applicants be looked at?) Never gave my name or any information nor did they ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called a few times just to ask standard questions (are you still pulling from the waitlist? for how long will waitlisted applicants be looked at?) Never gave my name or any information nor did they ask.

Thank you so much! and Congratulations!!!!

Just spoke to someone in admissions... he said that at the moment their class (Erie) is currently full, but will be continuing to pull students out of the alternate list if any students drops their acceptances. He said if you are given a seat, they will call and inquire if you're still interested!

Just spoke to someone in admissions... he said that at the moment their class (Erie) is currently full, but will be continuing to pull students out of the alternate list if any students drops their acceptances. He said if you are given a seat, they will call and inquire if you're still interested!
I feel like those are very slim chances :(

Is anyone considering the master's program? In comparison to other masters it seems like the most guaranteed method of future acceptance. Also, having a preview of the info we'll be learning freshman year can't hurt. It just sucks because I have a cGPA of 3.76, sGPA of 3.5, and AIS of 118 so I hoped that would be high enough.

Full class Does that include erie or erie and seton hill?

Has anyone ever used a MAC for classes? They recommend a windows laptop but I have a Mac.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever used a MAC for classes? They recommend a windows laptop but I have a Mac.
LECOM recommends Windows but does not require it. Macs are definitely fine at Seton Hill as laptops are not used for exams. As for Erie, I have heard it's mostly fine but proceed with caution as they are used for exams. At Seton Hill, students pretty much use anything including iPads. I'll be attending Seton Hill in the fall so I did inquire about this.

I did get the email! Said that I was still in consideration for DO this cycle, but they offered a "backup plan".

Out of state applicant, GPA~3.6, MCAT: 31, 506. (Had to take new one because old scores were no longer accepted by schools)
500+ hours of clinical volunteering & 5+ years of science research following graduation.
Got 0 interview invites to MD schools. Applied late (January) to 5 DO schools. 3 interviews, 2 waitlists, 1 acceptance.
how early did you apply? Those are avg stats for DO schools and I am surprised that you are still waiting.

Any accepted students get financial aid info yet?

Does anyone know about the seton hill cafe? I heard lecom students can use it and get meal plans. Was wondering if anyone knows if its worth it

Full class Does that include erie or erie and seton hill?

Called admissions earlier, Seton Hill is full as well. Classes start July 26th, which I assume is the very last day someone can be accepted off of the waitlist.

Got off my #1 wait list as of today and will be withdrawing from seton hill, I hope one of you get it. Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Do you guys think there will be any movement off the alternate list?

I'm starting at a school which begins 22nd (KYCOM), and I have heard that for LECOM, the 26th is the last day you can hear back :unsure: The main reason I like this school is because it's closer to home. Although, I have heard that Seton Hill is much better than Erie

Does LECOM record lectures now? I’ve heard mixed things

Does LECOM record lectures now? I’ve heard mixed things

In my interview I was told that they do record lectures now, but you still need to show up to them.

In my interview I was told that they do record lectures now, but you still need to show up to them.

I couldn’t remember if they said that in my interview or not. No problem attending, but would be nice to know that they’re online if I need them. Thank you!

I have an interview for this upcoming cycle at the Erie campus. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare for the group interview? And also what kind of questions they ask during the individual interview since I heard it's only around 10 mins long?

I have an interview for this upcoming cycle at the Erie campus. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to prepare for the group interview? And also what kind of questions they ask during the individual interview since I heard it's only around 10 mins long?
Honestly, the group interview was very relaxed. I will say though that this really depends on the group you get. I had a phenomenal group that I absolutely loved. The best way to prepare is by being ready to answer the typical medical school interview questions. It's hard to really make yourself known to the interviewers but just try your best. Remember to be respectful towards your group members and that's it. I am unsure about the individual interview.

Group interview was more of a discussion on a topic between the interviewees. Only one or two questions about personal experience. Mine wasn't a super competitive environment or anything, except one person kept trying to take over the discussion (which probably looked really bad)
The individual interview was a more personal question, so prepare for the typical interview questions (why medicine, why DO, etc).

Group interview was more of a discussion on a topic between the interviewees. Only one or two questions about personal experience. Mine wasn't a super competitive environment or anything, except one person kept trying to take over the discussion (which probably looked really bad)
The individual interview was a more personal question, so prepare for the typical interview questions (why medicine, why DO, etc).
thank you so much!!

Any LECOM female students able to give us some direction on what to wear? I am aware of the "professional" dress code but are we talking neutral colored business suits or can I get away with a cute blouse and skinny slacks?

Any LECOM female students able to give us some direction on what to wear? I am aware of the "professional" dress code but are we talking neutral colored business suits or can I get away with a cute blouse and skinny slacks?

The actual dress code outlined in the matriculation packet says we can wear dresses, slacks, blouses, etc.

Hello all, I'll be withdrawing my place at LECOM so hopefully one of you takes my place. Best of luck!

Hello all, I'll be withdrawing my place at LECOM so hopefully one of you takes my place. Best of luck!
Which campus were you accepted to? Also which pathway and good luck where ever you are going!!

Which campus were you accepted to? Also which pathway and good luck where ever you are going!!

sorry probably should've clarified - Erie campus, LDP. Thank you!! :)