2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I checked last years LECOM thread and it didn't look like there was much waitlist movement :/

Members don't see this ad.

I checked last years LECOM thread and it didn't look like there was much waitlist movement :/
I would expect more waitlist movement due to the change in amcas traffic rule and the confusion, can someone call and ask if the class is full I would if I had the time today

Members don't see this ad :)
I would expect more waitlist movement due to the change in amcas traffic rule and the confusion, can someone call and ask if the class is full I would if I had the time today
I would just wait and chill. Maybe send a letter of intent and that's it. I know you are probably scared but tbh it won't help by being too active. If anything it might be a turn off. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if we have to be there for the registration day (July 26th) or for the Orientation (July 29th)

Does anyone know if we have to be there for the registration day (July 26th) or for the Orientation (July 29th)
"Registration Day is Friday, July 26th at LECOM at Seton Hill. Orientation Week, which includes the initial sessions of several courses, begins on Monday, July 29th. All registration and orientation activities are MANDATORY!" - quoted from SH welcome email. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a call from LECOM. I was accepted from the waitlist into the LDP! I was waitlisted on the 11th of may. Good luck to everyone still on the WL.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else notice a number next to their name in the admissions status on the portal??

Just received a call from LECOM. I was accepted from the waitlist into the LDP! I was waitlisted on the 11th of may. Good luck to everyone still on the WL.
Did you get a portal chance beforehand? How does your portal look now?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming facebook has accurate numbers, I estimate 5 people got off the waitlist yesterday

Got a call yesterday while at work, called back this morning and was accepted into PCSP (my top choice). Was placed on the waitlist on 5/7 and sent in my form on the 14 to confirm my spot. Do I need to withdraw my application from other schools that I'm on the waitlist for since we are past 5/15?

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call yesterday while at work, called back this morning and was accepted into PCSP (my top choice). Was placed on the waitlist on 5/7 and sent in my form on the 14 to confirm my spot. Do I need to withdraw my application from other schools that I'm on the waitlist for since we are past 5/15?
No, you don't need to unless you have another acceptance
Congrats BTW!!!!

Was this for Erie?

Finally got rejected, pre-interview. Un-notified, saw it by checking the portal, by chance. Maybe I'll get something via snail-mail. Still, 'under review' at Bradenton, but let's be serious. For future applicants/lurkers, LECOM certainly gets close to practicing silent rejections. Definitely, consider this when planning out your application cycle. With my stats, submitting in Sept/October was too late, as a white male ORM.

Honestly, I'm a little upset as to the poor communication from this school. I'm sure I'm not alone. They should at least invest into some automation, given that they know they get soooooo many applications. I'm going to consider this, in choosing whether to reapply and pay secondary fees again. Other schools handle pre-II holds way better. I'm about to be a re-applicant, so trust that I've gotten to know the long rejection process well.

Rolling admission is serious business. Chance is also a factor, as I keep hearing. I still think that indefinite pre-II holds are borderline unethical.

Last edited:
Just got a call from Erie campus and offered acceptance to the LDP pathway!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations !! Ahh so excited for you! I emailed them today with an update.

3.85 GPA 3.95 sGPA 509 MCAT with a lot of volunteering and 200hrs clinical experience
Amazing! When did you mail out the wait list acceptance letter? Did you email them an update? I just sent mine in last week and updated them today.

Amazing! When did you mail out the wait list acceptance letter? Did you email them an update? I just sent mine in last week and updated them today.

I was waitlisted the 9th of May and sent in my letter right after via email (change of address messed it up), all I did was send them my transcript and that’s it! Hang tight guys, you will get in :)

I was waitlisted the 9th of May and sent in my letter right after via email (change of address messed it up), all I did was send them my transcript and that’s it! Hang tight guys, you will get in :)
Awesome! Did they call from a private number or did it say Lake Erie? I get so many spam calls I never pick up....

Awesome! Did they call from a private number or did it say Lake Erie? I get so many spam calls I never pick up....

It said Erie, PA! Usually I don’t answer spam calls too but I took 1 look at the location and was like omg I need to answer that lol

Seems like only Erie campus is moving. And idea why?
Seems as though those accepted off of the alternate list have all had Erie as their top choice so it may just seem that way because everyone is getting their top choices. Could be wrong though obviously.

Hi, everyone - congratulations on your acceptances! Look forward to meeting you all! I am an incoming first year student at the Erie campus, and my apartment lease won't be starting until August 15th. Therefore, I have to find housing for two weeks, give or take. If someone else (a female) is in the same boat, please feel free to message me! We can try splitting a hotel room for those two weeks.

Last edited:
I’ve given up hope on my WL here at Eire at this point . Congratulations on everyone who has been pulled off!

lmao double the waitlist double the fun. I like your attitude!
Haha thank you, just trying to make the best of it! Waiting for my grades for the spring and gonna send them in hoping that that will Help get me off of one of them (preferably Seton Hill)!

I’ve given up hope on my WL here at Eire at this point . Congratulations on everyone who has been pulled off!

Don’t lose hope yet!! It’s so early still, really. Could be any time from now until August.

Does anyone have news whether Seton Hill has been moving at all?

Reactions: 2 users
I just withdrew my acceptance at Seton Hill. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when the 2019 match list for Erie will come out, or if it's out somewhere already?

Does anyone else have a "Orientation Requirements" link on their portal? I logged in today and noticed it for the first time (unless it was always there lol). But my admission status still says alternate list. Anyone got something similar?

Does anyone else have a "Orientation Requirements" link on their portal? I logged in today and noticed it for the first time (unless it was always there lol). But my admission status still says alternate list. Anyone got something similar?
I do. I think it’s there for everyone. Since people have been getting phone calls I’d assume if we get in it will be the same thing. We’ll probably get a call before being able to see any portal changes if accepted. Does anyone know if there’s any other big dates coming up that could cause movement?

I do. I think it’s there for everyone. Since people have been getting phone calls I’d assume if we get in it will be the same thing. We’ll probably get a call before being able to see any portal changes if accepted. Does anyone know if there’s any other big dates coming up that could cause movement?
MD colleges CTE deadlines perhaps, those are throughout June and July

They'll call you before offering an acceptance. The only thing that changed in my portal (after a phone call) is a switch under the admissions status tab from 30 days to 14 days once they'd mailed out my updated decision letter.

Hi everyone! I have a question for those that were accepted off of the waitlist: did you do anything? I know they said at the interview to express continued interest so I was wondering if you emailed of called to express your interest? Trying to do whatever I can to get moved up, just not sure what the best move is.

Hi everyone! I have a question for those that were accepted off of the waitlist: did you do anything? I know they said at the interview to express continued interest so I was wondering if you emailed of called to express your interest? Trying to do whatever I can to get moved up, just not sure what the best move is.

I sent in my transcript but that was it

Waitlist January, update/LOI February. Dead silence ever sense. I’m not sure how receptive they are to updates but you might as well send one.