2018-2019 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait Mayo Clinic explains why you were rejected?? Can’t tell if this was sarcasm or not lol
definitely sarcasm lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait Mayo Clinic explains why you were rejected?? Can’t tell if this was sarcasm or not lol
Read the second line again. I assure you that it will clarify if the first line was sarcasm or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! I got an interview invite but didn't get any information about student hosts, would it be a good idea to call the admissions office to ask for details or is it separate from them?

I'm a student host. We literally JUST got the email asking us what days we want to host. You'll get the email soon. If not, PM me.

Just put on hold, complete 07/20. I knew going 2/2 on II for Mayo would be a longshot lol

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a flat out rejection. Thought i would at least get put on hold. :/ Seriously worrying I have a red flag on my application/primary.

Lizzym76. rejected in less than 2 weeks flat

II!!! So excited! Damn.

LM 75, complete 7/31

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected - offered to discuss app in May if not accepted anywhere LizzyM 77

MD: II: 4 | IA: 0 | R: 1 | W: 0 | A: 0

Just put on hold, complete 07/20. I knew going 2/2 on II for Mayo would be a longshot lol

That's nice to see that getting put on hold here doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen at Arizona. Although I guess that means I could also get flat out rejected at Arizona lol

II! Excited to visit again this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What was your experience last year ?

Actually I visited this year through one of their internal programs. Amazing medical program - the administration, faculty, and admissions team are all very compassionate! Not stats-based at all. All the students we had the chance to meet were unique in their own ways. I haven't had the chance to explore other top tiers - but I can say without a doubt, anyone who would attend Mayo Clinic would feel supported in this environment.

The only thing I would note is the city. I'm a big city person - so visiting Rochester was a different experience for me. But there is St Pauls/Minneapolis about 2 hours (I think?) away - so that city life is still close by. I figure that we'd be too busy with school to enjoy the entertainment district anyway. STILL my top choice!

First ever II today!
Unbalanced 78 LizzyM
Very close ties to the school
Complete 8/7

Reactions: 4 users
Got the II! Complete 7/16. Lizzy M 80

Man can’t believe I got straight rejected. :/ Scores lined up and i thought my ECs were a strongpoint.

76 LizzyM Nontrad.

Man can’t believe I got straight rejected. :/ Scores lined up and i thought my ECs were a strongpoint.

76 LizzyM Nontrad.
Aw man. This makes me nervous. If even the high stats/strong ec people are out, there may not be much hope for the rest of us lol

Aw man. This makes me nervous. If even the high stats/strong ec people are out, there may not be much hope for the rest of us lol
naw looks like most people are on hold or interviewing. What worries me is im around the average so i must have beefed something to get rejected so fast lol

I was already rejected from Mayo AZ so I can take a wild guess what Mayo MN's answer to my application will be, but it would be really nice to know for sure so I can stop agonizing about it! :p

Hurry up and send me a response, Mayo!

naw looks like most people are on hold or interviewing. What worries me is im around the average so i must have beefed something to get rejected so fast lol
I’ve heard nothing with people getting holds, rejections, and II before and after me lol.

Maybe you didn’t fit their mission?

Reactions: 1 users
Same, but complete July 18th. Is this a good/bad sign or do you think they just haven't gotten to our application yet?
It's good that we haven't been rejected. It's bad that we're stuck here wondering about the status of our app. My guess is that they've already looked at them but they haven't made a decision yet about what to do with them

Unique? I barely talked about my unique major and droned on and on about their mission statement and how I fit it. I hope I didn't mess up by not showing off my degree (I'd think my transcript would be enough).

For MSTP applicants, did y'all have recommenders fill out the rating sheet?

Edit: I totally didn't realize there was something else we needed to have them do.

Received an II yesterday!! Stats in signature, submitted 7/26, URM, OOS

Hello, does anyone have the MSTP prompts/know where i can find them? Thanks, waiting on verification!
fingers crossed for everyone!

Hello, does anyone have the MSTP prompts/know where i can find them? Thanks, waiting on verification!
fingers crossed for everyone!

This is the only MSTP one:

In the space below, write a brief paragraph explaining why you are specifically applying to the Mayo Clinic Medical Scientist Training Program. (Limited to 500 characters.)

After a very quick rejection from Mayo AZ, the complete silence from Mayo MN is torture :p

Any thoughts on sending additional LOR's after being put on hold?

Initially, I only sent my committee letter because I didn't want to wait for the other 2 letters which were not ready until August. One letter is from a doctor I worked with 100+ hours and the other is from a non-science professor I studied abroad with.

The secondary invite says, "If you have designated any additional letters, you may want to wait until ALL designated letters have been uploaded before submitting your secondary application." so I don't want it to seem like I did not read the instructions.

Last edited: