2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completely stumped on the "Why CCOM" Secondary question.....what do you write when you've combed through the websites and SDN threads have only come up with really generic responses for why I should go? It seems like such a great school, but I really have no opportunity to go visit it in person anytime soon to get a feel for why it's a good fit and why it would give me the education I'm looking for...
The reasons I have so far are: great board/match results, great location, supportive community, excellent network....tbh they all sound like something anyone could write.

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is something that you would need to figure out. For example, if you applied to both CCOM and any other medical school and were accepted to both, what would make you want to go to CCOM over the other school? Why is the location important to you, or why is the supportive community critical to your decision to attend CCOM?

Completely stumped on the "Why CCOM" Secondary question.....what do you write when you've combed through the websites and SDN threads have only come up with really generic responses for why I should go? It seems like such a great school, but I really have no opportunity to go visit it in person anytime soon to get a feel for why it's a good fit and why it would give me the education I'm looking for...
The reasons I have so far are: great board/match results, great location, supportive community, excellent network....tbh they all sound like something anyone could write.

I think what they would like to see is you backing up the “generic” reasons through your personal experience. Kind of like what the previous poster Layray said—based on your experiences and what you hope to do in med school, why is/are location/support/academics important to you? Idk if that made sense, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted! Let the waiting begin...good luck to everyone applying!

Hey guys I have a question about LORs. website says letter needs to include the AACOMAS ID, which I didn't have yet when I got my letters. If I sent my LORs via Interfolio (which has my AACOMAS ID info) does that mean I'm in the clear? I remember Interfolio saying they automatically generate a delivery page when sending to AACOMAS but unsure.

any II's yet?
I saw that last cycle the first wave of II's came out today 1 year ago on 7/17/17.
hopefully we hear back today!

Reactions: 4 users
How long does it take for them to receive our LOR's if they're already received on AACOMAS? Do I have to do anything like designate them?

How long does it take for them to receive our LOR's if they're already received on AACOMAS? Do I have to do anything like designate them?
Nope! They’re just all on there and I’m sure they pick and choose which ones to look at. If all your letters are uploaded to AACOMAS there’s nothing else you need to do.

Nope! They’re just all on there and I’m sure they pick and choose which ones to look at. If all your letters are uploaded to AACOMAS there’s nothing else you need to do.

Great, thanks! How long does that usually take for them to review them and mark as received?

Great, thanks! How long does that usually take for them to review them and mark as received?

I got a complete email from CCOM the morning after I submitted my secondary.. so not sure how long it took them to actually get my letters!

Got my email today saying my application is complete (submitted my secondaries yesterday).

How long until we know their decision for II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a II yet?

in 2017, first II's were sent out 07/17/17.
in 2016, II's were sent 08/08/16

Reactions: 3 users
Looks like we trending to '16. 2 more weeks to go

CCOM do you luv me? Are you riding?

Reactions: 9 users
II received today

Reactions: 3 users
congrats!!! Mind sharing stats and completion date?
Completed June 22, LizzyM 71 OoS

edit: I guess for future posters, I would suggest simply editing own post so this thread doesn't get too long and future readers won't have 50 pages to scroll through?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got a II just now! Completed 7/12, OOS applicant.
Does anyone want to carpool together the day before? More than happy to split gas :)

II just now!!! Soo excited. Was complete 7/10.
OOS, but not too far lol

Scheduling interview for Thurs Sept 13!

Last edited:
Got a II just now! Completed 7/12, OOS applicant.
Does anyone want to carpool together the day before? More than happy to split gas :)
Where are you from? Or for doxx purposes, what general direction would you be going from/how far away?

Where are you from? Or for doxx purposes, what general direction would you be going from/how far away?
II also! Submitted 7/12
Anyone from south of chicago wanting to carpool?

ahhh IIs are coming out now >_> i submitted around early July but nothin

congrats to everyone with II's!

my letters were finally received a few days ago but it still says physician LOR not received. my physician reference was included in my letter pcaket. have they probably just not had a chance to look through the packet yet or should I call the office? anyone else experience this?

Congrats everyone! Curious. Anybody receive an interview at both Midwesterns?

I'm kind of expecting an interview waitlist similar to AZCOM. :(

congrats to everyone with II's!

my letters were finally received a few days ago but it still says physician LOR not received. my physician reference was included in my letter pcaket. have they probably just not had a chance to look through the packet yet or should I call the office? anyone else experience this?

Similar thing happened to me. It just took a couple days for them to look through my packet I'm guessing.

II just now!!! Soo excited. Was complete 7/10.
OOS, but not too far lol

Scheduling interview for Thurs Sept 13!

Congrats on this and ATSU! Send some of that magic my way for CCOM!!! I really love this school

Congrats on this and ATSU! Send some of that magic my way for CCOM!!! I really love this school

Thank you so much!! And I’m 100% sending you good, II-worthy vibes. You got this!

How do you guys feel about the outrageously high tuition? Still worth attending CCOM if you're interested in primary care?

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about the outrageously high OOS tuition? Still worth attending CCOM if you're interested in primary care?
Damn...I didn't check until now :O

upload_2018-7-26_15-4-10.png

upload_2018-7-26_15-6-20.png

:eek::confused::sick::arghh::dead:

Yeah that's really pricey but tuition is normally around 60k in the major cities (GW, Tulane, even Loyola) so 40K more overall won't effect much in the long run. At least I hope :wideyed: :shrug:

40K more w/ interest

Reactions: 1 users
I know... thats why even though CCOM is one of my top choices, and Chi is my fave city in the country, I’d have to assess all my options before swallowing that tuition :(

Do those who received IIs mind sharing stats :( I was complete early July but still no love from either Midwesterns