2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you only get one interview from either the AZ or Chicago campus? Or is getting both possible

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL @ the email inviting me to the fall open house at Midwestern.

Not like I've been complete since 6/23/18 w/out an II.

Reactions: 2 users
Just submitted the secondary. CCOM is one of two top choices for me.... PLEASE notice me :clap:

Reactions: 1 users
Just submitted the secondary. CCOM is one of two top choices for me.... PLEASE notice me :clap:

even with the tuition? I have CCOM in my top 5, but worried about the overall cost of attendance compared to my other top choices. ughhh

Reactions: 1 user
even with the tuition? I have CCOM in my top 5, but worried about the overall cost of attendance compared to my other top choices. ughhh
Factoring in tuition... probably not lol. CCOMs objectives and overall mission just resonate with me & it being a really good school. But yeah... the tuition has got me like (me = banana):
:diebanana:

Shout out to the oddish.... :)

Factoring in tuition... probably not lol. CCOMs objectives and overall mission just resonate with me & it being a really good school. But yeah... the tuition has got me like (me = banana):
:diebanana:

Shout out to the oddish.... :)

Yeah how come the Midwestern schools are so expensive???

That's a really good question that I also want an answer to. I think we may all have to think about the costs after we get a few acceptances (I hope) and see where we go from there.

That's a really good question that I also want an answer to. I think we may all have to think about the costs after we get a few acceptances (I hope) and see where we go from there.

From the price it seems like the school has much more to offer than others but yes. Hopefully we'll have a few acceptances and be able to decide. Did yall apply to MD as well?

Midwestern is not for profit private institution, so there's that. Also the rumor is, the school jumped on most of the Chicagoland hospitals to set up rotations after Rosalind Franklin went on probation 10 or so yrs ago and lost their sites.

If this school really meets once a month. they must be very picky with sending out IIs

Current 4th year at CCOM. Ask me questions. I can't guarantee that I'll be quick to answer since I only hover around here from time to time, but I will get back to you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the interview format is like here?

Hi everyone, how long were the resumes you guys uploaded? Mine is tiptoeing on 3 pages and I'm conflicted as to whether I should address everything they say to include (i.e.: hobbies, nonacademic interests, etc) or keep it short and professional? Also, how are you guys formatting it?

Hi everyone, how long were the resumes you guys uploaded? Mine is tiptoeing on 3 pages and I'm conflicted as to whether I should address everything they say to include (i.e.: hobbies, nonacademic interests, etc) or keep it short and professional? Also, how are you guys formatting it?

One page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought to keep a resume to one page plus a cover page, although a cover page seems like an odd format for me for this instance. A CV is multiple pages (if you need that much room). I uploaded a CV was just shy of two pages I think. But that included some extensive work history and other such joyful things.

So I got a letter from CCOM today. My heart kinda sank when I saw it thinking it was a snail mail rejection. Turned out it was a letter version to complete the supplemental I submitted 2 weeks ago.

Why you do dis CCOM ☹️

Secondary submitted yesterday. My CV is about three pages. But I’m older and have done more things. I suppose I could have shrunk it down but I just used my standard one. Oh well. Can’t change it now.

Secondary submitted yesterday. My CV is about three pages. But I’m older and have done more things. I suppose I could have shrunk it down but I just used my standard one. Oh well. Can’t change it now.
I submitted a 3-page CV and got an interview so don't worry about that.

Reactions: 3 users
What are your favorite things about CCOM? Least favorite things? What are qualities that you can see are similar between you and your classmates? I'm struggling with the "why should we accept you" question and would love some tips!
The non-clinical departments are absolutely great. You'll get super good at anatomy compared to your MD peers.
I love that fact that MWU CCOM is well respected. Usually on rotations everyone knows your capability.
Clinical departments are good but depending on the specialty you're ultimately going to choose, it may or may not be hard for you to get a mentor. With that, residency advising can use a little bit more work again going with what you ultimately choose as a specialty but you work around it-- you find upperclassmen to help you and/or you find mentors during your rotations so it's not the end of the world.

The non-clinical departments are absolutely great. You'll get super good at anatomy compared to your MD peers.
I love that fact that MWU CCOM is well respected. Usually on rotations everyone knows your capability.
Clinical departments are good but depending on the specialty you're ultimately going to choose, it may or may not be hard for you to get a mentor. With that, residency advising can use a little bit more work again going with what you ultimately choose as a specialty but you work around it-- you find upperclassmen to help you and/or you find mentors during your rotations so it's not the end of the world.
Hello! Just wondering, are there free clinics that first year students can gain clinical experience right from the very beginning?

Hello! Just wondering, are there free clinics that first year students can gain clinical experience right from the very beginning?
Yes there are.
There is a student run clinic on campus and there is also an off-site clinic that you have to apply for. I didn't get selected for the off-site one so I can't speak much about that experience.

Yes there are.
There is a student run clinic on campus and there is also an off-site clinic that you have to apply for. I didn't get selected for the off-site one so I can't speak much about that experience.
Woot! That is awesome :) thank you for responding!

Heard back from their AZ campus for an II in JUNE and have the interview next week- haven't heard anything from CCOM yet, but my DO letter was kind of late so I think I have only been complete since July 13th. Excited to hear from them!

I signed up with the post office for digital notifications for all incoming mail. There’s a letter from CCOM waiting for me and I won’t get home until 8pm. I am starting to think it wasn’t a good idea to sign up for that service. Now I’m going to spend the whole day obsessing about this letter that I’ve convinced myself is a rejection letter.

Gaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

I signed up with the post office for digital notifications for all incoming mail. There’s a letter from CCOM waiting for me and I won’t get home until 8pm. I am starting to think it wasn’t a good idea to sign up for that service. Now I’m going to spend the whole day obsessing about this letter that I’ve convinced myself is a rejection letter.

Gaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!
When did you submit your secondary? I got (and I think everyone here too) a letter just saying to remember to submit your secondary or that you had submitted it. Not sure why they sent it after the email, but it was also terrifying to me.

hey guys just wondering is a 503 MCAT and 3.87 gpa good enough for an interview here? Debating if I should apply

hey guys just wondering is a 503 MCAT and 3.87 gpa good enough for an interview here? Debating if I should apply

The average of the class of 2022 (listed on the website) is around a 3.6 GPA and a 507 MCAT, I would give it a shot imo.

II !!!! i hadnt checked my email in a few days before opening the interview scheduling date but does anyone know if they do Saturday interviews?

no no lol i got it like wednesday or thursday but ive been away from my email for a few days so i did not check what interview days were available
That's awesome!
Have you had a chance to see what dates are there? Or is it one that you have to call to set up?

Is it too late to apply to this school? Would it be a waste of time and money if I did?

Is it too late to apply to this school? Would it be a waste of time and money if I did?
I feel like the DO application cycle is a little longer, so I don't think it's too late. I plan on submitting mine today or tomorrow.

Apply. You won't know if it's good or not unless you do.
Back in my day, my MCAT was below average for CCOM, and obviously I still got in.

Apply. If your application is good they'll look at it and decide.
I applied late, was complete very late, interviewed late, and got in.

Wow still silent for the second batch of IIs?

Reactions: 8 users