2018-2019 Ohio State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys for the question about selective service - if i am a male b/w 18-26 and i haven't registered was i supposed to?

How did you attend college without registering lol. I had to register to even fill out the fafsa and pretty sure my university asked about it as well for their financial aid and scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

How did you attend college without registering lol. I had to register to even fill out the fafsa and pretty sure my university asked about it as well for their financial aid and scholarships
Lol i suspect I definitely have then, I just probably forgot.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually didn't. They just register you automatically and send you a letter. I said I didn't because I have no clue what my number is

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now, IS competitive stats for this school, had the formatting issues in my secondary so don't lose hope if you had them too! I had given up on here after that so was surprised to see this!!

Reactions: 2 users
heads up they only offered one date, 9/12 for me. Gonna have to reschedule mine though.

Wait until like 2 days before so they pick up one of us OSU students to fill the last minute spot :laugh:

We have to reschedule at least 2 weeks before the interview and I've already requested one:(, I wish they'd show the available reschedule dates but it looks as if they'll automatically assign a new one.

We have to reschedule at least 2 weeks before the interview and I've already requested one:(, I wish they'd show the available reschedule dates but it looks as if they'll automatically assign a new one.
Yeah OSU tends to schedule pretty close to when they send IIs. I waiting for an II but with my lower end stats, for OSU Im not banking on one (despite being an alum and working for the college of medicine)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the OOS post-ii acceptance, looks kinda low...

According to the USNWR (not sure how accurate it is), the OOS post-II acceptance rate is ~51%. If true, I think that's a pretty good chance! Really hoping for an interview myself :cat:

lol at OSU telling people to bring a small wallet sized colored photograph with them for their application file :laugh:
...couldn't they just do it online as part of the secondary like normal schools

Reactions: 1 users
lol at OSU telling people to bring a small wallet sized colored photograph with them for their application file :laugh:
...couldn't they just do it online as part of the secondary like normal schools
Judging by the portal, they probably aren’t about to update the site to have a “submit picture” page haha

Judging by the portal, they probably aren’t about to update the site to have a “submit picture” page haha

Yeah they should not bother updating that site. They should burn it to the ground and start from scratch lol

Anyone OOS get any love from here yet?

After clicking Confirm Interview in Vitals, am I supposed to receive a confirmation email of any sort?

After clicking Confirm Interview in Vitals, am I supposed to receive a confirmation email of any sort?

I chose to reschedule mine and it told me right on the site that I have successfully requested a reschedule but got no email. Im assuming you should see a similar change right on the site after confirming the date.

Guys I am honestly confused with this school and whether or not I am complete. I submitted the secondary and then I got an email that said "please allow 3-5 business days for your application to post to the SIS (Student Information System)". ELEVEN days later I received an email titled "Ohio State University Username Activation" and after I set up my account I don't see where I can see any status? Is this VITALS or no? How can I access my status? Thanks in advance!

Guys I am honestly confused with this school and whether or not I am complete. I submitted the secondary and then I got an email that said "please allow 3-5 business days for your application to post to the SIS (Student Information System)". ELEVEN days later I received an email titled "Ohio State University Username Activation" and after I set up my account I don't see where I can see any status? Is this VITALS or no? How can I access my status? Thanks in advance!
It took a couple of days for the VITALS e-mail to get sent to me. Just wait a few days, it'll come.

Do you guys mind sharing your stats? :) and CONGRATS!! And many good luck wishes to you all!! :)

II this morning. OOS. LM 75

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, current OSUCOM M1 here. Congrats to everyone receiving interviews! Looking forward to meeting all of you in a few weeks. And to those who haven't heard anything, NO worries... it's not even September yet. There's still so much time. Let me know if anybody has any questions! GL and Go Bucks!

Hey guys, current OSUCOM M1 here. Congrats to everyone receiving interviews! Looking forward to meeting all of you in a few weeks. And to those who haven't heard anything, NO worries... it's not even September yet. There's still so much time. Let me know if anybody has any questions! GL and Go Bucks!
How do you like the clinical experience/free clinics? (if you're involved with those)

How are you enjoying the LSI curriculum? I know it's only been a few weeks but do you feel like it prepares students well for Step?

How do you like the clinical experience/free clinics? (if you're involved with those)

How are you enjoying the LSI curriculum? I know it's only been a few weeks but do you feel like it prepares students well for Step?

Hey there! As an M1, we have these first few months to master our clinical skills in a practice setting before moving onto true clinical exposure. With that said, there are seriously countless clinical opportunities to take advantage of your first and second years. I've already joined two free clinics that I'll start getting involved in in late September, early October. I've also joined an ultrasound interest group that'll give us tons of experience with applied anatomy and patient interaction. In early October, as part of the LSI curriculum, you're also paired with a physician preceptor/mentor and will be shadowing them in the clinic every other week. You'll be taking histories, vitals, etc. and may even practice treatment planning with your preceptor - valuable exposure/experience that M1s and M2s gain before rotations start in third year.

As for the LSI curriculum, I really haven't had much experience with it, but so far I've enjoyed it. It's definitely a ton of information that's thrown at you and is something you will have to get used to, but myself and the other M1s are managing so far. From what I've seen, they really like to focus on clinical applications and big picture information, much like Step 1. From what we've heard from M3s and M4s, the LSI curriculum prepared them very well for Step 1, and the administration has always been open to slightly modifying the curriculum to better prepare us for Step.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

Honestly, the only reason I applied here is because I'm currently at OSU. LM of 68 isn't competitive enough, but better some chance than none!

Hello! I just checked my Vitals page and there was an II. Just wanted to let everyone know, because I didn't receive an email or anything (not even sure when the page was updated).

Hello! I just checked my Vitals page and there was an II. Just wanted to let everyone know, because I didn't receive an email or anything (not even sure when the page was updated).
y u get my hopes up like dat :sorry:

but nonetheless, congrats :)

Last edited:

Same thing happened to me apparently, thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: 3 users
I did not receive a confirmation email either. I inquired by email asking if I would receive one but haven't heard back yet. Did you eventually get a confirmation?

Just wanted to confirm, do people's Vitals post-secondary-submission look like this..? Mine has just been blank underneath Current Action since I got access to Vitals....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.06.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 10.06.26 PM.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 256
Just wanted to confirm, does people's Vitals post-secondary-submission look like this..? Mine has just been blank underneath Current Action since I got access to Vitals....

Yes

II this morning! No confirmation email, just appeared on Vitals page. IS, complete 7/27, LM 80

My Vitals email ended up in my spam folder and I didn't even know to look for it until now :( hoping they get back to me soon with a new link.