2018-2019 Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone sent in an update letter? I can't seem to find where to submit it, or if they would like me to submit one!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else unable to sign into the applicant gateway?

Help! What is the flow-through of interview day and what do people generally bring? Are we allowed to bring bags with us for the tour and financial aid discussion (to keep water bottles, wallets, pens, folders, etc...)? If so, is there somewhere we are able to put these bags for when we are doing the MMI?

Thank you! :)

Help! What is the flow-through of interview day and what do people generally bring? Are we allowed to bring bags with us for the tour and financial aid discussion (to keep water bottles, wallets, pens, folders, etc...)? If so, is there somewhere we are able to put these bags for when we are doing the MMI?

Thank you! :)

You can bring a bag! They allow you to keep it with one of the staff during the MMI part

Reactions: 1 users
Although decisions are released in December, and I interviewed in Sept, is it worth sending an update letter/interest?

II! Earliest date available was 1/04. Any chance to email about earlier openings? From what I remember last cycle, they only interview twice a month.

II received on 10/12, submitted mid July and took Casper on July 25, lizzy M 81.5, they were offering very few December dates

II! Earliest date available was 1/04. Any chance to email about earlier openings? From what I remember last cycle, they only interview twice a month.
they have fall and spring interviews. The fall groups hear in december and the spring interview (occur in january-march) hear sometime in march also. i assume all the fall interviews slots are filled and your in the spring interviews.

Can anyone speak to whether the interviews are open-file? I've seen on websites that it's open-file but idk if this is outdated (from before they switched to MMI style).

Can anyone speak to whether the interviews are open-file? I've seen on websites that it's open-file but idk if this is outdated (from before they switched to MMI style).
It's an MMI, so open vs closed-file doesn't really apply. If there is a traditional station, assume it to be closed-file since the interviewer at the station will see numerous applicants that day.

Application off to review as of end of July. Still no word. Grew up in NJ so idk if thats considered in state at all? Submitted an update this week through email

Any one has a response who submitted in end of Aug? I did not hear any update from RWJ yet, I heard they are behind but not sure.

Does anyone know whether RWJ takes post-II updates/LOI?

Do we send it directly to the admissions e-mail as a PDF?
On my interview day, I was told that you could do that or just post an update on your portal. They will add it to your file either way.

On my interview day, I was told that you could do that or just post an update on your portal. They will add it to your file either way.

I did not see an option to post an update on the portal. Am i missing something?

I did not see an option to post an update on the portal. Am i missing something?
Yeah, the option to upload the doc on the portal is greyed out. I'm going to email it as a PDF.

Yeah, I guess there's a glitch in the portal or something. Just email admissions!

Ah, I only got verified in october and Im waiting for an ii should i just give up? Rwj is my top choice too T^T

Ah, I only got verified in october and Im waiting for an ii should i just give up? Rwj is my top choice too T^T
it's a tad bit late, but you could still get an II, they release another wave of acceptances in march

is there a way to know how may acceptances have been done? anyone the current II rolling date?

I called the office and they said they do 50% of the acceptances by December and 50% in March

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone got II recently, after thanks givings break, it seems every one went into to sleeping mode.

is there a way to know how may acceptances have been done? anyone the current II rolling date?
no acceptances have been given yet- they release acceptances twice- first in december and then in march

Congrats! Merely out of curiosity, but can I ask why RWJ is your top choice?
tbh its mainly cause its instate, and i messed up my njms app. But also i really like how the location is located near the main rutgers campus, and I like that its in the middle of the state because I still have ties to philly.

tbh its mainly cause its instate, and i messed up my njms app. But also i really like how the location is located near the main rutgers campus, and I like that its in the middle of the state because I still have ties to philly.
Congrats! by the way if you do not mind please share your stats.

Just got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed second week of November

Reactions: 7 users