2019-2020 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there's a difference between "High Priority Alternate List" and "High Priority Wait List" at RWJMS? I see a lot of people writing wait list, but I was placed on this alternate list and I want to get a better sense for where, or in which tier of wait list, I stand. Thanks in advance, and hope you all are taking care of yourselves during these stressful times!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there's a difference between "High Priority Alternate List" and "High Priority Wait List" at RWJMS? I see a lot of people writing wait list, but I was placed on this alternate list and I want to get a better sense for where, or in which tier of wait list, I stand. Thanks in advance, and hope you all are taking care of yourselves during these stressful times!

Nah, they're the same. You should call the admissions office if you really want to know where you stand; Dr. Copeland seemed pretty willing to tell me when I called.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to update you all... I was told that 2 acceptances were given to HPWL applicants since May ~29.

Wow, that is nothing like what their HPWL letter stated. I don’t know how they misjudged it so much this year. Maybe they gave our way more acceptances and were tremendously overbooked.

Wow, that is nothing like what their HPWL letter stated. I don’t know how they misjudged it so much this year. Maybe they gave our way more acceptances and were tremendously overbooked.
Probably overbooked. In years past being on HPWL gave you a pretty decent chance. My guess is that now since they have adjusted to the new traffic rules, rwj may be like njms and have little if any WL movement. Hopefully that's not the case tho

Has anyone spoken to the admissions office lately?
i tried calling today but actually wasnt able to get through. If CTE is july 6th I imagine by then everyone on HPWL will have their final answer?

I just got off the phone with the office. She said they couldn't even get through the top 10 from the HPWL this year.

I was told to definitely start the process for the reapplication. Also, they even thought about (for a second) to offer deferred admission, because the movement was so little. However, it was just a thought and will not be going to happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
So is their class roster totally full now? like they have everyone committed to enroll

Did the office say why they think so little movement happened?
So is their class roster totally full now? like they have everyone committed to enroll

She said they didn't have any movements past week or two. So I assume that means the class if totally full at any given moment.
She didn't really tell me why the movement was so little and I don't think she knows much on the unexpectedly little waitlist movement this year.

Accepted off HPWL this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Holy moly!! congrats!!! Were you on those top 10???
Thank you!!! I'm pretty sure I was in the top 10 because I was in the "highest priority" of the HPWL. Around 6/12, I was told that I was ranked somewhere in the middle of that group.

Just got the email about HPAL list close (I assumed already and have already been applying for the next cycle) however, it still is a downer:(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users