2019-2020 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I was just told that they had the first movement on Friday and they expect more movements through mid-June. However, the movement has been slower than they expected and they are not sure how much movement they will have.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I was just told that they had the first movement on Friday and they expect more movements through mid-June. However, the movement has been slower than they expected and they are not sure how much movement they will have.

Movement as in waitlist movement? Or people starting to withdraw their A’s (but still no waitlist movement) movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Movement as in waitlist movement? Or people starting to withdraw their A’s (but still no waitlist movement) movement?

I think as of last Thursday, the class size was no longer overbooked. They had the waitlist movement on Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
I think as of last Thursday, the class size was no longer overbooked. They had the waitlist movement on Friday.

Any chance you know what time they told you this? I only ask because I sent an update with my semester grades, and they responded to me around noon on Friday saying that they hadn’t seen any movement, but that they would expect movement starting this week.

Any chance you know what time they told you this? I only ask because I sent an update with my semester grades, and they responded to me around noon on Friday saying that they hadn’t seen any movement, but that they would expect movement starting this week.

She emailed me back on Sunday night. So I guess between now and then there could have been one person got off the waitlist maybe?

I called today and she told me even HPWL people have a slim chance of getting off of it. She said on Friday ONE spot opened up..and she was nervous with such a different movement this year

I called today and she told me even HPWL people have a slim chance of getting off of it. She said on Friday ONE spot opened up..and she was nervous with such a different movement this year
So no other spots opened since last Friday?

So no other spots opened since last Friday?

It seems like no other spots opened since last Friday. But who knows, I called last Thursday and the next day one spot opened up..
Definitely a lot less movement this year though.

Wow. I’m not at all accusing them of being misleading, I’m just very surprised that what we were told about the HPWL (something along the lines of it being in the experience of the committee that they are able to offer acceptances to those on it) ended up being so off. Yes there is still time, but when you take into account movement patterns from previous years too, I’m just in total shock.

Yea, I am pretty torn from the conversation today. I was told to check back in early June again..but realistically the chances are so slim..

*sigh* This makes me sad. I have to put a deposit down for another school next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions (again) today. They’ve only offered one spot to someone from the HPWL. They’ve ranked the top 10 in the HPWL too so it might help to call and find out if you’re in that 10. Also having a fast-approaching CTE date won’t work in your favor either. But yea, just to reiterate, they don’t anticipate much movement this year at all, even on HPWL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I called admissions (again) today. They’ve only offered one spot to someone from the HPWL. They’ve ranked the top 10 in the HPWL too so it might help to call and find out if you’re in that 10. Also having a fast-approaching CTE date won’t work in your favor either. But yea, just to reiterate, they don’t anticipate much movement this year at all, even on HPWL.

Thanks for the update. Did they give the impression that they are willing to share that information, whether you’re in the top 10?

Thanks for the update. Did they give the impression that they are willing to share that information, whether you’re in the top 10?

Yea, she told me where I stand within the HPWL rankings

I called too. Found out I'm not in top 10 :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Do any other incoming students know why the housing document is only 100 people when our expected class is 180? Are the last 80 or so people those who have yet to click “commit to enroll” and are waiting on waitlists from other schools? (Assuming our class is supposed to be ~180 right? Also assuming not all people want roommates). Was just wondering if I needed to be more aggressive in looking for roommates or if more people would be coming to RWJ come early/mid June

Does anyone know how many students are on the HPWL? I know from the previous posts that they ranked the top 10 in the HPWL, but how many usually are on the list to begin with?

Also, does anyone know why the movement is so slow this this year?

Do any other incoming students know why the housing document is only 100 people when our expected class is 180? Are the last 80 or so people those who have yet to click “commit to enroll” and are waiting on waitlists from other schools? (Assuming our class is supposed to be ~180 right? Also assuming not all people want roommates). Was just wondering if I needed to be more aggressive in looking for roommates or if more people would be coming to RWJ come early/mid June
Isn’t the class size 165?

Unsure! regardless my question was regarding the last 1/3 of our class and where they were for housing and whether or not my conjecture was correct
Maybe they are some serious quarantiners lol

Does anyone know how many students are on the HPWL? I know from the previous posts that they ranked the top 10 in the HPWL, but how many usually are on the list to begin with?

Also, does anyone know why the movement is so slow this this year?
Admissions informed me that there is approximately 60 people on the HPWL. They were unsure why the volume and rate is much smaller this year but it might be due to COVID-19 impacting other schools and decreasing their movement. It might also be due to the fact that they overbooked their class initially.

Admissions informed me that there is approximately 60 people on the HPWL. They were unsure why the volume and rate is much smaller this year but it might be due to COVID-19 impacting other schools and decreasing their movement. It might also be due to the fact that they overbooked their class initially.

Thanks, I was wondering if it had anything to do with COVID-19.

Called today and she said only 2 came off the list so far. She mentioned what other people have been saying already and that she’s surprised how little movement there has been. She also mentioned that as it gets closer to June people should be mentioning if they have other start dates.

hey guys this might be a really dumb question, but does anyone know what the email for the admissions office is lol? i tried the one that was online, but then i got an error message when i tried to send an email

after some careful consideration, i withdrew my acceptance to rwjms. really really hoping it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have the links for RWJ Match list of 2019 and 2020? I can only google the 2018 list. Some links listed RWJ 2019 and 2020 in the title but they are NJMS match lists.

Does anyone have the links for RWJ Match list of 2019 and 2020? I can only google the 2018 list. Some links listed RWJ 2019 and 2020 in the title but they are NJMS match lists.
Here you go!

Attachments

• match list 2020.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 187
They said that they'll take until classes start which I think is in july?

DNA23 posted 2020. Here is 2019!

Attachments

• Rutgers RWJMS 2019 Match List.pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 106
Accepted off HPWL!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted off HPWL!

Congrats!!! OMG finally!! Do you know if you were in those top 10 ranked people in HPWL? Did Dr. Terregino tell you anything about the movements occurring more now?

Congrats!!! OMG finally!! Do you know if you were in those top 10 ranked people in HPWL? Did Dr. Terregino tell you anything about the movements occurring more now?

Yes, I was in the top 10. Dr. Terregino didn’t say anything, but I was told about 1.5 weeks ago that they didn’t expect any more WL movement, yet here we are! Keep your heads up everybody!

Last edited:
Yes, I was in the top 10. Dr. Terregino didn’t say anything, but I was told about 1.5 weeks ago that they didn’t expect any more WL movement, yet here we are! Keep your heads up everybody!

did your waitlist letter say your ranked on HPWL as "highest priority"? I think anyone that got that is top 10 but I'm not 100% sure

Where do they put the rank in HPWL email?
They don't. You can call and see if you are in the top 10, but it seems like if you were told you are their highest of priority that means top 10. Anyone on HPWL not on top 10 has not been ranked and won't be until they get through those 10

Thanks do you have phone number to call?
been wondering this too - have people been calling Dr. Terregino 's number listed online? or is there a general admissions number we should be calling

been wondering this too - have people been calling Dr. Terregino 's number listed online? or is there a general admissions number we should be calling

Been calling Dr. Copeland's office most of the time.
732-235-4577 this is the #.

Also RWJMS's CTE deadline July 6th (EDIT)..so hopefully things have opened up a bit more beyond top 10..

If anyone calls at any time please let us know!! I feel like I have called too many times past few weeks haha

Last edited:
Been calling Dr. Copeland's office most of the time.
732-235-4577 this is the #.

Also RWJMS's CTE deadline June 20th..so hopefully things have opened up a bit more beyond top 10..

If anyone calls at any time please let us know!! I feel like I have called too many times past few weeks haha
I thought rutgers CTE is July 6