2018-2019 Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone had trouble setting up an account here? It sends me an email about resetting my password when I try setting up a new account, but I don't have an old password to reset yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had trouble setting up an account here? It sends me an email about resetting my password when I try setting up a new account, but I don't have an old password to reset yet.
Its fine. Just use that space to create a password and then go back to log in with the new password. I just did it myself and it worked.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first II!!! IS, Lizzy M 75, complete 7/24, received it via two emails back to back at 3:49 pm and 3:51 pm (one was interview invite, one was link to schedule). Interview date 9/14

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So the portal says " The day of interview has no bearing on the admissions decisions", but do you think it looks better to pick an earlier interview date? I'm leaning towards a November date as I have some things going on around the earlier times, but I'm worried that this looks bad. I could possibly choose one in September but I wouldn't have as much time to prepare. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

So the portal says " The day of interview has no bearing on the admissions decisions", but do you think it looks better to pick an earlier interview date? I'm leaning towards a November date as I have some things going on around the earlier times, but I'm worried that this looks bad. I could possibly choose one in September but I wouldn't have as much time to prepare. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

I don't think the date matters. Decisions are sent out December and March.

II! In-State completed on 7/26.

II yesterday around 3:30 and app was complete on 7/26! I'm in state, LM 73-74. Super excited since this is my first interview :)

Submitted this app over a month ago, but they did not receive my last letter of recommendation until two days ago. My new MCAT scores also didn't come in until two weeks ago. So how does this work exactly--have they not even bothered to look at my application until the new MCAT score and all the letters were in? Do others schools work this way? And perhaps most importantly, should I contact RWJ and all the other schools that my new scores and all my letters are now in?

Did everyone who got an II take CASPER before the July 25th date?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS applicant here. Just received the following email, despite the fact that my secondary was submitted (and everything else to the extent of my knowledge) on August 3rd.

Dear ______,

The Admissions Office has received your letters of recommendation, secondary application, CASPer score, and the application fee. There is also an MCAT score listed. Your application is "complete" and we will begin the evaluation process. If you are planning to retake the MCAT we will evaluate your application once these scores are received.

Interviews are held by invitation only starting in September 2018 through March 2019. Invitations for interview will be sent via email.

Please contact our office if you have additional questions. Thank you for considering Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. We hope you have a successful year.

Admissions Office​

What does this mean? Why did it take so long?

OOS applicant here. Just received the following email, despite the fact that my secondary was submitted (and everything else to the extent of my knowledge) on August 3rd.

Dear ______,

The Admissions Office has received your letters of recommendation, secondary application, CASPer score, and the application fee. There is also an MCAT score listed. Your application is "complete" and we will begin the evaluation process. If you are planning to retake the MCAT we will evaluate your application once these scores are received.

Interviews are held by invitation only starting in September 2018 through March 2019. Invitations for interview will be sent via email.

Please contact our office if you have additional questions. Thank you for considering Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. We hope you have a successful year.

Admissions Office​

What does this mean? Why did it take so long?
It takes them a while to mark apps as "complete."

II! IS LM 71-73:)

Edit: Does anyone know when they send the follow up email to schedule the interview?

Just got an II :D! IS, took CASPer 7/25 so was complete the end of last week

II! IS LM 71-73:)

Edit: Does anyone know when they send the follow up email to schedule the interview?
Mine came right after the first. I’d contact them if you don’t get it in a few hours

II just now. IS. LM 75. Complete 8/7.

II today!! IS, (current Rutgers student actually), LM ~73. Was complete on 7/25

Can someone post the link to the secondary? I can't find the email I received from Rutgers ;(

Hey guys, just wondering if its worth applying if Im scheduled for the casper on 9/16 (2 weeks from now),
everything else for the app is ready for me
Canadian, LizzyM 68

II today! Sent my secondary 8/31 lol I did not expect them to respond so fast... OOS

Can someone post the link to the secondary? I can't find the email I received from Rutgers ;(

I also couldn't find their application portal email so I had to call them about it, and they resent the link to me via email. I believe the link is individualized, so each applicant gets their unique portal link but I could be wrong

Hey guys! I’m currently an M1, so if you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I’m currently an M1, so if you have any questions feel free to reach out!
Hey! Thanks for reaching out. How was your MMI experience, and how did you prepare for it? Were you able to use a notepad during the 2 min prompt reading? What are you enjoying the most about RWJ?

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. How was your MMI experience, and how did you prepare for it? Were you able to use a notepad during the 2 min prompt reading? What are you enjoying the most about RWJ?

Overall I thought the MMI was not bad at all, and it goes by extremely quickly. I prepared using the MMI practice videos by Course Grinder on YouTube. I feel like they prepared me the best in terms of how I should frame my response. Make sure you discuss the different courses of action and show that you can understand different perspectives/empathize, but ultimately pick one course you would personally go with and stick with it. I would pause the video after hearing the prompt and actually time yourself while you answer out loud. It gets you comfortable delivering a fluent, organized answer. Then if you want additional practice I would just google MMI practice questions and keep doing the same thing until you’re comfortable. Aside from that, I would reflect on your own experiences, and try to incorporate them in at the end of your response whenever applicable.

We weren’t allowed to keep a notepad during the two minutes, but I felt like it was actually plenty of time to gather my thoughts and kind of outline what I was going to talk about in the room. Also I, and other people in my class I’ve talked to, bombed one of the stations. I was confused by the prompt so my answer didn’t really make much sense haha. So definitely don’t panic if you feel like it didn’t all go smoothly!

I really can’t say enough good things about RWJ! I think the best part is how caring the faculty is, which isn’t something you’ll see at every school you visit. They really put a lot of effort into helping students, and you can see that translate into how close of a community we have. Something that really stood out to me during my interview and accepted students days was how genuinely happy the students were and being here now I can definitely see why :)

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
anyone else interviewing this week?

Interviewing as well this week - you guys ready for this MMI? Hope it's not too bad.

Interviewing as well this week - you guys ready for this MMI? Hope it's not too bad.

Current M2! It's a very standard, straightforward MMI - no tricks. Be yourself and give thoughtful answers and you'll do great! The hard part is getting the interview and you're already past that :) Good luck to everyone on Friday and with the rest of the cycle! Feel free to PM with any questions if you have them

Do they mix in traditional interview questions, or is it mainly just scenario based MMI questions?

I think the three-month wait post interview is going to make the mmi look like a piece of cake :laugh:(rip rolling admission)

Do they mix in traditional interview questions, or is it mainly just scenario based MMI questions?
Can’t really get into specifics other than there are no tricks. CASPER turned out to be pretty good practice and if you got an interview you obviously did pretty well on that. Good luck!