2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol pretty much all medical schools' missions are the same: good healthcare, good teaching, good research.
THANK YOU. This was something I've been wanting to say....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is Temple's core mission? Service? Research?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They value both but there is a big emphasis on service here. We have a whole curriculum within our doctoring class titled "humanism in medicine" and we have required service learning every semester.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from Temple St. Luke's after interviewing? I can't remember how long they said the decision process takes.

Anyone know if dual degrees are offered at St Luke’s? I’m interested in an MD/MA or MD/MPH

Edit: I know they’re offered at the main campus but I can’t find any information about St. Luke’s

Woah, woke up to an II sent at 2:03 am!

Reactions: 11 users
I was compete 1st week of September. I guess I got skipped over ? Does temple do silent rejections ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II from LKSOM! Completed 8/27. Currently, there are no interview dates to choose from.

Reactions: 5 users
II, Complete 7/20, but I will be withdrawing my application and I hope my interview goes to one of you!

Just received an II from LKSOM! Completed 8/27. Currently, there are no interview dates to choose from.
Same thing just happened to me
II today. Complete 7/9
II today. Complete 7/9
II but there's no available dates
II, Complete 7/20, but I will be withdrawing my application and I hope my interview goes to one of you!
Was everyone IS or OOS?

Received an II here on 11/20. LM: 71. Application complete early August.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone emailed the admissions office regarding the lack of interview dates? I assume they’ll fix it on Monday; I just don’t wanna blow up their inbox with another email.

Has anyone emailed the admissions office regarding the lack of interview dates? I assume they’ll fix it on Monday; I just don’t wanna blow up their inbox with another email.
I emailed them last night but still no response. I will let you know if/when they respond.

Hey, do y'all know how to upload the photo? Cause I can't find it near the checklist items.

Has anyone had trouble scheduling interview dates? I cannot find any for the St. Luke's program in the TUportal?

Anyone know what kind of updates they accept? Like, would a community service update be good? They said you could add "additional information" to your file, but I'm not sure what that entails.

Hey, do y'all know how to upload the photo? Cause I can't find it near the checklist items.

Click on the "submit supplemental item" at the bottom of the page and u will get to another page and upload the picture

There is a parking garage directly across the street as part of the hospital! I think it is $12 for the day, very convenient.

Do you happen to know the exact address? I'm not familiar with the area at all, and parking gives me so much extra stress.

Do you happen to know the exact address? I'm not familiar with the area at all, and parking gives me so much extra stress.
Here it is!
N Broad St & W Tioga St
Philadelphia, PA 19140
United States

Usually I don't check the AADSAS portal but with Dec. 3rd coming up I have been....anyways, after my interview my status changed to "received/app complete" and this morning it just changed to "none."

Any insight? Good? Bad?

This is the MD thread, not dental. So we have no clue lol

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone heard back from Temple St. Luke's after interviewing? I can't remember how long they said the decision process takes.
I think they said decisions come out at the beginning of each month

for fellow peeps who interviewed on 11/15 - i don't remember if the dean mentioned this, but will we be amongst the first wave to hear back in december? and do yall remember approx. when in december that would be happening? thanks!

Isn't today the first day they start sending out acceptances? I think I remember them saying December 1st on my interview day. Although it's odd since it's a Saturday

Isn't today the first day they start sending out acceptances? I think I remember them saying December 1st on my interview day. Although it's odd since it's a Saturday
I believe they said the first week of December, not necessarily dec 1st

Are there any affordable hotels near the school that those who interviewed would recommend?

Are there any affordable hotels near the school that those who interviewed would recommend?

when i was scheduling lodging for my interview, literally all of the hotels nearby (and the ones they offered discounts for) were completely booked...i instead booked an airbnb that was super close for 1/3 of the cost of a hotel room. if you're interested, DM me and i'll send you the link to the same room! and a discount code :)

Which portal should we even check lol the application portal or the interview portal?