2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed here yesterday. It was great. Everyone was really friendly and the interviews were stress free. :)
Hi there, did you get to know who your interviewers were in advance, or did they give you that information on the day of the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance to FMAT as an IS applicant a couple of minutes ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance email came about an hour ago! Interviewed 9/7

Accepted to MD/MBA!!! This is such an amazing school & I am beyond grateful:soexcited:
Interviewed 8/3

Accepted to MD/MBA! If I accept offer is it binding?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for offering your advice!I've got a question. Are there many students at your school who have kids? I have two and I'm wondering how the school/Lubbock is for families.
Hey, so I don't go there BUT I made sure to ask around when I went to interview. (Got accepted yesterday!) They have a lot of student families, and they seemed to be very understanding about students with families. I think part of it is the number of people who go there from BYU, a school in Utah that tends to have students that are family-focused.

Bottom line: of all four schools I've interviewed at so far, Lubbock seemed to be the most family-friendly (in that there were many student-families).

Accepted on Oct 15th. OOS. LM 73.5. Interviewed 9/2/18

Reactions: 1 users
Did everyone get an email to set up an eraider account along with a bacteria meningitis email addressed to “new students”? I can’t tell if this is standard or a fluke

Did everyone get an email to set up an eraider account along with a bacteria meningitis email addressed to “new students”? I can’t tell if this is standard or a fluke
I haven't gotten one, but it seems like a lot of people have.

Has anyone called to confirm the meaning of that email? I have not received one :/

I wouldn't read much into it. I think even some people that haven't received an II have gotten the email. I got accepted on Monday, but there isn't any updates on the eRaider account. Everything has been through the secondary app portal.

I wouldn't read much into it. I think even some people that haven't received an II have gotten the email. I got accepted on Monday, but there isn't any updates on the eRaider account. Everything has been through the secondary app portal.
Are you out of state?

II today, completed in May/June and I am an IS. Unfortunately only interview date was available this friday and I am unable to go, they said more dates will open up in November but I am not guaranteed an interview slot as it is first come first serve. Has anyone else dealt with this issue for this school and was able to schedule an interview slot?

II today, completed in May/June and I am an IS. Unfortunately only interview date was available this friday and I am unable to go, they said more dates will open up in November but I am not guaranteed an interview slot as it is first come first serve. Has anyone else dealt with this issue for this school and was able to schedule an interview slot?
Stats?

My advice would be that unless your prior engagement is a funeral, the birth of your child, or an interview at another school you like more, you should find a way to attend. II's generally mean you beat out 80 to 90% of applicants to get that spot and to lose it after all your hard work would be a shame. Otherwise, you can just keep refreshing the portal link they sent you and hope that you see an open interview slot before someone else.

My advice would be that unless your prior engagement is a funeral, the birth of your child, or an interview at another school you like more, you should find a way to attend. II's generally mean you beat out 80 to 90% of applicants to get that spot and to lose it after all your hard work would be a shame. Otherwise, you can just keep refreshing the portal link they sent you and hope that you see an open interview slot before someone else.

yeah another date opened up! Thanks!

II!!! Is it a group interview or 1 on 1?
There's two 1 on 1 interviews and additional interviews based on whether you applied to any of the dual degree programs/FMAT. Since I applied to FMAT, I had 3 separate interviewers when I went.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT AN II SO FAR! So happy for ya'll but at the same time, I just feel more anxious. PLEASE TECH PULL THROUGH!

Reactions: 2 users
also, to anyone wondering what this eraider email looks like: (also am just trying to smoothly check if this is what you people are talking about. IS IT??)

You recently applied for admission into one of the health care programs (e.g. Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Professions, Nursing, or Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences) at either:

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC with campuses in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland, Odessa, and various online programs)

OR

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso).

To assist you in the application process, you have been assigned an eRaider account and a Domain account. These accounts will be utilized to access the services that you may need at either TTUHSC or TTUHSC El Paso during the application process.

In order to use your eRaider and Domain accounts, you must activate these accounts by following the steps below.

are ya'll receiving II by email? also is there some sort of app portal i am not aware about. I did get an email to set up an eraider but it gives me no info on the status of my app. *sighs*
Everything for me has come in through the secondary app portal/email. I don't have anything shown on my eRaider portal.

Tech was my first interview of the season a few weeks ago and idk if it was because it was my first one and they exceeded expectations but I REALLY loved the school! It seems like a great place, regardless of location lol, and all of the locals had awesome things to say about the school and the hospital. The students also seemed very happy with their experiences and it was a welcoming environment.

Can anyone who has received an II recently comment on how far out the interview dates stretch or what dates are left?

When do they stop inviting for interviews?

Interviewing here tomorrow. What’s the food situation like

When I interviewed they gave us a standard breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage,etc.) And lunch was beef stroganoff, some garden salad, and pie.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have an idea about how many acceptances have been handed out already? I'm OOS with a LM 74.5 wondering if I should be still have my hopes up for an acceptance here. Also I'll have to take one more class for their pre-requisite and need to register for classes at my university here soon. Thoughts?

Does anyone have an idea about how many acceptances have been handed out already? I'm OOS with a LM 74.5 wondering if I should be still have my hopes up for an acceptance here. Also I'll have to take one more class for their pre-requisite and need to register for classes at my university here soon. Thoughts?
Do you fit their profile of liking primary care and rural med and wanting to practice in the area? These are important at this school. If you are a big city type and it comes across on your app, they may not interview you.

Do you fit their profile of liking primary care and rural med and wanting to practice in the area? These are important at this school. If you are a big city type and it comes across on your app, they may not interview you.

So I’ve already interviewed (9/12) and yes I fit the primary care mold pretty well. Felt like both of my interviews went well but of course I’m fighting the OOS uphill battle.

Standard catering, but it was pretty good and the catering staff knew about food allergies, so if you have any, don't be afraid to ask. Breakfast looked pretty good, but I had already eaten at the hotel, so I can't comment directly.

how does one showcase that they fit this "primary" mold?