Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by gyngyn, Apr 21, 2018.

1. texas0628

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The email I’ve gotten a couple times from Lubbock says that the secondary deadline is November 30, 2018 and 11/15 for El Paso. Where does it say the absolute deadline is September 29? And yes, I’m aware it’s a rolling admissions process and the earlier the better. I’ve already applied to 6 of the Texas schools and got an II at 1. Just trying to weigh my options on the last 4 schools to see which ones are still worth sending my secondary into.

2. wysdoc

Physician 2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    In the time you've spent debating you could have written an essay. Yes, today is the absolute deadline for the primary and the secondaries are in fact sent to the individual schools and not to TMDSAS. If you have already gotten a couple of reminder emails about your secondary, what are you waiting for?

#202 wysdoc, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Pmvj13 likes this.
  3. Lomology

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Did anyone else get emails from Texas Tech regarding meningitis/activating an account on their school website post-interview?

rippir and Morty c137 like this.
  4. texas0628

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I’m not trying to debate at all. I was genuinely asking where it stated that the deadline for secondaries is today. Just trying to make sure I didn’t misread or miss something. I know the deadline for the primary is October 1, I already submitted that a couple of months ago. I have also submitted secondaries to most of the other schools. I was simply asking if it seemed worth it at this point in the cycle to submit the secondary to Lubbock, or if my chances were prob super low due to it being pretty late in the game. I was out of the country for 3 weeks without access to a computer and have been at work today, so actually haven’t had a chance to sit down and crank the essays out ;)

5. wysdoc

Physician 2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I guess there is not one universal date for secondaries, you have to see each schools site. The longer it takes you to send them in, the less interested you seem to the school. Lubbock and El Paso want students genuinely interested in rural care and primary care, so your answers to their essays, well thought out and written, will have an effect on their interest in your application. Start writing :)

6. eatmycrap97

Pre-Medical
    I applied to both the dual MBA and MPH degree programs. I submitted my primary 8/20, secondary 9/5, received II on 9/7, and interviewed 9/28.

Honestly, I have no idea how I received my II so quickly since I was super late. Hopefully this helped in some way.

ghostboy1234 likes this.
  7. red_tangoes

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    How did you like the tour? I was there yesterday too!

eatmycrap97 likes this.
  8. ghostboy1234

Daym nice. Maybe your high stats? I was JW since the TMDSAS site says Texas schools can offer acceptances in Oct for OOD and special programs...I applied for the MD/MBA and was wondering of I got passed up if that's the case.

Did you have an interview at the business school too?

9. Nanz90

Thank you! I bet you have some very inspirational EC and they see good potentials in you! MCAT does not define a person. Best lucks with the application cycle.

10. blanketstatement

I received an email on Saturday to activate an eRaider account- and it didn't really specify as to why I needed to create it. I haven't received an interview or anything so did everyone receive this email?

11. Lomology

2+ Year Member

I just asked a friend who goes to school there now and they said that they apparently give information about prematches there too. I might've confused what they meant (maybe they were referring to TMDSAS). As to why they gave them to some people pre-interview, I have no idea. Did you interview at El Paso? I understand that it's for both schools.

12. Gemmaline

Do y’all think it’s a bad sign if we’ve already interviewed but did not receive the email to make an eRaider account?

eatmycrap97 likes this.
  13. eatmycrap97

Pre-Medical
    I did have an extra interview with a faculty member involved in the MBA program at the Health Science Center. I can't find anything on Oct acceptances for special programs but as far as I know, you have to get accepted for the MD degree first and then a separate decision will be made for the dual-degree program. Also, I wouldn't count yourself out yet, interviews run all the way til the end of December.

dno likes this.
  14. ljdkfhans

I didn't get the email either... I was thinking about calling tomorrow

Lomology and Gemmaline like this.
  15. Gemmaline

Let me know what you find out if you do end up calling!

Lomology and dno like this.
  16. LikeAirIRise

Complete mid August and still waiting to hear back. Really nervous as a reapplicant from last cycle who didn’t get an II

ned63 likes this.
  17. lilsebastian18

Anyone unable to log into this eRaider thing they emailed about? I followed the email instructions and typed the domain name exactly how they instructed and still nothing. Its weird cause I can change my password but can't actually access the account.

GuacDoc18 likes this.
  18. GuacDoc18

Pre-Medical
    +1. I have the same issue...

ned63 likes this.
  19. red_tangoes

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Have y’all tried using TTUHSC\eRaider as the username? I was able to log in with that. (I believe that was the domain to use, if not, something very similar)

Edit: whoops, didn’t read that you tried that. Just got off a night shift, so I’m a bit tired. Did y’all interview there? Maybe that’s it. Did you use the correct slash after the domain?

20. hhap1234

I also interviewed but didn’t get this email. Does this email mean anything?

21. Dr.Nursekat

Pre-Medical
    II today! OOS reapplicant, interviewed and waitlisted last year. Complete mid-june.

Lomology, ned63 and red_tangoes like this.
  22. blanketstatement

I gave the office a call about the eRaider account. She said that every applicant can expect to receive one-- although I'm not quite sure she knew what she was talking about because she mentioned that interview invites would be sent through the portal... I highly recommend someone else giving their office a call!

23. GuacDoc18

Pre-Medical
    via email? portal? or the eraider account?

24. thegrind33

Pre-Medical
    Lol I never got an email about the eraider account soooooooooooo

ljdkfhans likes this.
  25. esob

esob Protomolecule
    Moderator Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

BTW, I rented a car so if anyone that is interviewing tomorrow is staying at the comfort suites and needs a ride, just PM me. Also, if someone needs a ride back to the airport tomorrow, feel free to hitch a ride with me after our interviews.

red_tangoes likes this.
  26. red_tangoes

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Good luck on the interviews tomorrow y’all! It really is a chill atmosphere and my interviews were low stress. Also the lunch we had was super good! I was super impressed because I didn’t think I would like the school as much as I did. Really hoping I prematch there (and not because it was my only II thus far, lol)

Nanz90 and esob like this.
  27. Dr.Nursekat

Pre-Medical
    via email

28. SpartyMed

Pre-Medical
    II Today. OOS. Complete in June.

red_tangoes and Neknec like this.
  29. LikeAirIRise

It seems like Tech doesn’t send out IIs in waves. They just invite individually when they want to. I could be wrong though

Neknec likes this.
  30. You already know me

Does anyone know if In-State residents also hear back on Oct 15th for the MD/MBA or MD/MPH program? Or is it only out of state applicants that hear back on the 15th?

31. wysdoc

Physician 2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It appears that dual degree program applicants can start hearing back on October 15th and beyond. Not by October 15th. Regular MD Texas applicants can be offered a pre-match spot between Nov 15th and Dec 31st.

32. hhap1234

So a Texas resident could potentially hear back October 15th if they applied to a dual degree program? Or are they still bound by the November 15th date since they’re texas residents?

33. wysdoc

Physician 2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Here is the official info, from TMDSAS. At the very top of the linked page :
    Non-Texas residents, MD/PhD, DO/PhD, MD/MBA and Assured Acceptance Program applicants are NOT included in the match process. Medical schools may begin extending offers of acceptance to these applicants beginning October 15.

To me, this says all dual-agree applicants might hear as early as Oct 15th. Some dual-degree applicants are still waiting for interviews though. TMDSAS Medical: Acceptance/Match Information

#233 wysdoc, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  34. BBBallIsLife

Pre-Medical
    II received today, ended up not using the eRaider thing to choose the interview date

Mustang2015 and red_tangoes like this.
  35. Mustang2015

Congrats!!! when were you complete?

36. BBBallIsLife

Pre-Medical
    Secondary Received June 2nd --> second MCAT score in August 6th --> II yesterday!

ned63 likes this.
  37. redwhiteblue456123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    what was your lizzy? i submitted early june too; lizzy 67 and im getting really sad :(

ned63 likes this.
  38. BBBallIsLife

Pre-Medical
    LM 69. Don't be sad, there is still time left. Look at the 2017-2018 threads and see when people got II's. Seeing those posts continued to provide hope for me.

red_tangoes and MacBee like this.
  39. ned63

Hope restored.

40. maggracers

II received about 20 min ago.

41. maggracers

Anyone know what time the interviews end? It says 4pm in the email, but they also mention that we can leave earlier which is confusing me.

42. Lomology

2+ Year Member

They have an optional student panel which starts at around 3:30 and ends at 4pm. Some people had all their interviews pretty much back to back and were done by around 3pm at which time I believe we were allowed to leave.

43. red_tangoes

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed a couple weeks ago. I believe most ended at 3 and we had a non-mandatory student panel from 3-4pm. Then some of the students shuttled us to the airport.

44. maggracers

Thanks for the info!!

45. esob

esob Protomolecule
    Moderator Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

I was done by 3 but stayed for the student panel as well.

46. GuacDoc18

Pre-Medical
    Is there any major value to the eraider accounts? Still having trouble accessing mine. I've tried just about every variation of TTU\ TTUHSC\ with the eraider name they gave me and have changed my password multiple times. Wondering if I am missing out on any important information on it.

47. red_tangoes

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I didn’t see any important info when I logged in. Also, I made the account after I interviewed.

GuacDoc18 likes this.
  48. coys784

Pre-Medical
    II today, going 11/9:)

maggracers, Mustang2015, esob and 2 others like this.
  49. Mustang2015

Congrats!!! When were you complete?

50. maggracers

I checked it before and after receiving the II, and there was nothing of importance on there from what I can see.