2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately not - and not to be pessimistic but its not looking good based on responses here on SDN - but no reference to gauge unreported in state movement. As best I can tell only waitlist movement here has been a couple of OOS offers from their waitlist.
 
That's great to hear and appreciate the post! Up until your post this is the first report in months of an IS acceptance. We weren't sure TTUHSC was even going to get to the waitlist for IS students. We, too, are patiently waiting but realize its slim odds at this point.
 
Quick questions: I submit TMDSAS and it was transmit to schools yesterday. Received an email today with the TTUHSC secondary and now I can’t see the portal for 2019 where I am placed on alternate pool. Is anyone else having this issue or know why this is? Am I off the alternate pool list now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick questions: I submit TMDSAS and it was transmit to schools yesterday. Received an email today with the TTUHSC secondary and now I can’t see the portal for 2019 where I am placed on alternate pool. Is anyone else having this issue or know why this is? Am I off the alternate pool list now?
The portal will now show info for 2019-2020 season. If you want to be very sure, send an email to TTUHSC admissions to confirm that you are still interested in remaining on the WL for
2018-2019 and would love to attend
 
Anyone have anything to report this week? I think we are at the point to close this cycle's chapter and move on to Plan B - MCAT re-take prep and taking some more coursework in the fall. Real disappointment for sure.
 
I can say a very important birdie told me Wednesday that we all have until basically the 15th to hear back then we should start planning as if we did not get in.
 
Tony P - thanks for the post. That will help bring closure for some of us - one way or the other. Any news you have that you can share we will keep on the DL. We have worn out the adcom with the usual stuff.
 
I can also second anthonyp’s post. I have a foaf who works at TTUHSC. said around June 15th they will see movement for about a week then the class will be 99% finished. also, I believe he said 2 people got accepted the day before class started. This is a FoaF, so take it as you wish.
 
LAR - noble and best of luck! Anybody know how many people that TTUHSC can give seats to that are left on the waitlist?
A real buzzkill with an early September interview this past cycle.
 
have people who have been getting pulled off the waitlist been receiving calls, or just updates on the portal? My portal is still inaccessible because I already went ahead and resubmit for next cycle just in case. However I want to make sure I don’t miss an opportunity this cycle.
 
have people who have been getting pulled off the waitlist been receiving calls, or just updates on the portal? My portal is still inaccessible because I already went ahead and resubmit for next cycle just in case. However I want to make sure I don’t miss an opportunity this cycle.
It will be a call or an email at this time of year. You still have your same email address? Good luck!
 
It will be a call or an email at this time of year. You still have your same email address? Good luck!
Yes, thank you! And I called them as you suggested on an earlier post of mine, but unfortunately the person who answered the phone said the people who would be able to help me are at a conference in Canada for the week so I wasn’t able to get an answer from them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome & well done. Still on the WL sidelines and have moved on to more MCAT prep and ready to start some post bac work in the fall. Learned a lot from many of the posts here on SDN as well. So thank you all.

And for anybody else 's benefit - I can say "one on one" with TTUHSC ADCOM member was a good barometer what needed a little more work in this past cycle's app. Happy to report most of app was on point but could use a little polish here and there. Not applying this coming cycle as don't want the distraction while I continue working, school and MCAT re-take prep. But May '20 - it is on! 🙂
 
Welcome & well done. Still on the WL sidelines and have moved on to more MCAT prep and ready to start some post bac work in the fall. Learned a lot from many of the posts here on SDN as well. So thank you all.

And for anybody else 's benefit - I can say "one on one" with TTUHSC ADCOM member was a good barometer what needed a little more work in this past cycle's app. Happy to report most of app was on point but could use a little polish here and there. Not applying this coming cycle as don't want the distraction while I continue working, school and MCAT re-take prep. But May '20 - it is on! 🙂

How did you get the 1 on 1? Everytime I ask, they keep saying they cant give me one because Im still on the waitlist...
 
Phantom,

Probaly like you I received the WL email with the rest of the first day mass WL mailing. Scheduled file review over Spring Break and did the group application seminar the next day. I don't think they grant too many - so there is some aspect of first come first serve & who they may want to sit with or worst case scenario you may now be getting a bit of a brush-off as they are preparing for this cycle -- I don't think it has anything to do with being active on the WL. Paid a small fee of $35? (cant remember maybe it was $40) to sit and went over my file to know that if didn't get off waitlist (which I haven't) in the coming months what I needed to improve for next application.

Very good talk with ADCOM AD who offered some constructive insight I am happy to share but more geared toward my own app. I started attacking the items we discussed after review.

So still hopeful for a late hail Mary acceptance but not letting grass grow between toes. I do love the school and it is a nice fit - but I personally have moved on and who knows what the future holds. Just trying my best.
 
Phantom,

Probaly like you I received the WL email with the rest of the first day mass WL mailing. Scheduled file review over Spring Break and did the group application seminar the next day. I don't think they grant too many - so there is some aspect of first come first serve & who they may want to sit with or worst case scenario you may now be getting a bit of a brush-off as they are preparing for this cycle -- I don't think it has anything to do with being active on the WL. Paid a small fee of $35? (cant remember maybe it was $40) to sit and went over my file to know that if didn't get off waitlist (which I haven't) in the coming months what I needed to improve for next application.

Very good talk with ADCOM AD who offered some constructive insight I am happy to share but more geared toward my own app. I started attacking the items we discussed after review.

So still hopeful for a late hail Mary acceptance but not letting grass grow between toes. I do love the school and it is a nice fit - but I personally have moved on and who knows what the future holds. Just trying my best.

Was this with TTU Lubbock or El Paso? I know El Paso does a workshop+review with a 45 fee