2018-2019 Texas Tech University - Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today. IS LM 78 complete 7/2

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II today! IS, LM 72.5-73
Secondary submitted 08/21.
CASPer taken 08/28.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has already interviewed here give me an idea of when the interview day ends. Trying to plan my flight.

The student panel was from 3:30-4:00pm, so everyone was done by 4.
The flight I'm considering leaves at 5pm. It's one of the cheapest but it's cutting it close? I see the airport is like 15 minutes from the school.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

The flight I'm considering leaves at 5pm. It's one of the cheapest but it's cutting it close? I see the airport is like 15 minutes from the school.

You don't have to go to the student panel! In fact, a lot of people in my group just left after their interviews. I think because they were also trying to make their flights, but there isn't any traffic in Lubbock so even if you did go to the student panel you could probably make your flight.

Oh fantastic. I didn't want to be rude about leaving in the middle of the panel like that. Thanks for telling me that.

You don't have to go to the student panel! In fact, a lot of people in my group just left after their interviews. I think because they were also trying to make their flights, but there isn't any traffic in Lubbock so even if you did go to the student panel you could probably make your flight.
Oh fantastic. I didn't want to be rude about leaving in the middle of the panel like that. Thanks for telling me that.

How much are y'all looking at spending wise for travel? I'm looking at $500 minimum...

Members don't see this ad :)

TSA recommends arriving 2 hrs prior to departure for domestic flights. Some airlines will not let you board if you don't check in at least 1 hr prior to departure, especially if you are checking luggage. Aircraft doors typically close at least 15 minutes prior to departure. So as a general rule, I've always found that the minimum safe time to arrive is to be walking through the door of the airport no less than 1 hr prior to scheduled departure.

Thanks for the info. I plan on leaving right after my interviews end in the afternoon if that's possible. I'll call tomorrow and see if that'll be okay.
TSA recommends arriving 2 hrs prior to departure for domestic flights. Some airlines will not let you board if you don't check in at least 1 hr prior to departure, especially if you are checking luggage. Aircraft doors typically close at least 15 minutes prior to departure. So as a general rule, I've always found that the minimum safe time to arrive is to be walking through the door of the airport no less than 1 hr prior to scheduled departure.

II minutes ago!! Secondary turned in August 3rd complete September 12th!

Reactions: 5 users
Is there a social the evening before? interviewing here this Friday

II earlier today. Completed 9/20. Forgot to hit submit after paying the fee on my secondary like 3 weeks ago. Lizzy M 73-74 ORM

For those of you who have received II this week. What are the dates that your interviews are scheduled? Trying to see how far in they are.

II! Don't lose hope. I transmitted back in MAY with secondary done in May as well, so don't think you've been passed over. IS ~3.6 GPA (2.1 GPA after freshman year so large upward trend), ~510 MCAT.

Reactions: 4 users
II! Don't lose hope. I transmitted back in MAY with secondary done in May as well, so don't think you've been passed over. IS ~3.6 GPA (2.1 GPA after freshman year so large upward trend), ~510 MCAT.
Thanks for keeping the hope alive. 6/27 510/3.76 no interviews. It’s been a long summer.

Did anyone apply to the dual degree programs? And If so have yall heard back yet?

For those of you who have received II this week. What are the dates that your interviews are scheduled? Trying to see how far in they are.
October 19/26 and Nov 9 were given to me. I picked the 26th

Thank you for the encouragement. I check on this forum several times a week. It turns my anxiety into positive thinking :)

Thank you for the encouragement. I check on this forum several times a week. It turns my anxiety into positive thinking :)

To make you feel even better, I interviewed here and had a 500 MCAT and 3.55 GPA. They definitely take into account all of your extracurriculars/ shadowing/ things of that nature!

Too late to submit my secondary in the next couple of days? Got a little burnt out on essays and traveled out of the country. 3.56 cGPA, 3.64 sGPA, 511 MCAT.

Anyone here get an email from TTUHSC asking to set up an eRaider account and to activate their domain account? Was excited that this may be an II but after setting it up and all, I don't see anything in my account regarding my status. Also checked my portals for both Lubbock and El paso and nothing there either. Can someone please tell me if they got this too?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone here get an email from TTUHSC asking to set up an eRaider account and to activate their domain account? Was excited that this may be an II but after setting it up and all, I don't see anything in my account regarding my status. Also checked my portals for both Lubbock and El paso and nothing there either. Can someone please tell me if they got this too?

I got it too, and it doesn't look like I got any II

I've interviewed and got the email too. I don't think it means anything.

Too late to submit my secondary in the next couple of days? Got a little burnt out on essays and traveled out of the country. 3.56 cGPA, 3.64 sGPA, 511 MCAT.
@texas0628 The absolute deadline is today, get cracking. Deadline for all TMDSAS schools, in fact, except UTRGV Oct 16.
Med school application is not like college application, in which you can squeak that application in at 11:59 pm on the deadline and still get full consideration.

Is this something new that TTUHSC is doing, because I didn't get that email the previous time that I have applied and this year I did?

I just got the same email this morning, I was excited for a hot second but then I was like what is this???

I interviewed here and didn't get the email?

I keep trying to log in but it says wrong password and username

@texas0628 The absolute deadline is today, get cracking. Deadline for all TMDSAS schools, in fact, except UTRGV Oct 16.
Med school application is not like college application, in which you can squeak that application in at 11:59 pm on the deadline and still get full consideration.
The email I’ve gotten a couple times from Lubbock says that the secondary deadline is November 30, 2018 and 11/15 for El Paso. Where does it say the absolute deadline is September 29? And yes, I’m aware it’s a rolling admissions process and the earlier the better. I’ve already applied to 6 of the Texas schools and got an II at 1. Just trying to weigh my options on the last 4 schools to see which ones are still worth sending my secondary into.

The email I’ve gotten a couple times from Lubbock says that the secondary deadline is November 30, 2018 and 11/15 for El Paso. Where does it say the absolute deadline is September 29? And yes, I’m aware it’s a rolling admissions process and the earlier the better. I’ve already applied to 6 of the Texas schools and got an II at 1. Just trying to weigh my options on the last 4 schools to see which ones are still worth sending my secondary into.
In the time you've spent debating you could have written an essay. Yes, today is the absolute deadline for the primary and the secondaries are in fact sent to the individual schools and not to TMDSAS. If you have already gotten a couple of reminder emails about your secondary, what are you waiting for?

Last edited:
Did anyone else get emails from Texas Tech regarding meningitis/activating an account on their school website post-interview?