You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 The Commonwealth Medical College
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LM 66
Could you possibly PM me your stats if you are willing to share?
Thefutureisbright
Full Member
Sure, I just tried. It says I’m unable to send you a messageCould you possibly PM me your stats if you are willing to share?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
Im 12/05 and didn’t hear back eitherany 11/30 peeps hear back yet? do we think more will come this week? this is nerve-wracking.![]()
Sure, I just tried. It says I’m unable to send you a message
Looks like I had to enable being able to receive messages from members in my profile, should work now hopefully.
11/30 as well and nothing yet. Really hoping there’s more decisions this weekany 11/30 peeps hear back yet? do we think more will come this week? this is nerve-wracking.![]()
November 5thWhen'd you interview?
StellaMarie16
New Member
I haven’t heard anything yet either 🙁 interviewed on 12/5.. I really really hope this doesn’t mean a rejection letter is in the mail
FWIW I've been sitting here on the deferred list since November. I think only one person in this thread has been accepted after being deferred.
FWIW, during my interview yesterday one of the guys got off the deferral list and was accepted. Deferred with the December results, accepted the next round (yesterday, 1/16). The deferral list seems like a solid place to be. Keep your heads up everyone who has been deferred, it really seems like they really do review at every meeting, and there is movement. I'd expect more towards the end of the cycle, but every release is another chance at that A. Deferral isn't false hope, they really did see something in you, and you really do have a chance...this cycle more than ever I'd bet.
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
DM me!I haven’t heard anything yet either 🙁 interviewed on 12/5.. I really really hope this doesn’t mean a rejection letter is in the mail
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
Im not entirely sure — this hasn’t really been mentioned at this school. I really just think they didn’t get to us. They had a lot interviewees to get through.So do rejections get sent by snail mail?
agreed, I guess we didn't make the cut, hoping it's not another whole monthIm not entirely sure — this hasn’t really been mentioned at this school. I really just think they didn’t get to us. They had a lot interviewees to get through.
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
I really hope not. Thatd be pretty disappointing. We’re already at the 6-7 week mark.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So do rejections get sent by snail mail?
Someone in the thread earlier said that they received a rejection post-interview last year by snail mail
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a51e32d3295
New Member
I interviewed in September, was deferred in October, and then accepted in November. Not sure what the overall chances are but they definitely pull from the deferred list!Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in after getting deferred?
a51e32d3295
New Member
I was deferred 10/16 and then accepted 11/12. So maybe middle of the month? Not sure if this is the same for all though.Does anyone know when specifically during each month do they have their committee meetings? I figured that may give those of us who have been deferred a slight idea of when we could hear back each month
a51e32d3295
New Member
~71Anyone accepted willing to share LizzyM scores? Curious where the average is falling.
Interviewed 11/12 but still silence [emoji848]
No A’s or deferred status. R incoming?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No A’s or deferred status. R incoming?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Margiellamadman
Full Member
Was everyone who got axed also invited to the MBS program? I’m just trynna find a way to feel special in these dark times...
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
Pre or post II?Was everyone who got axed also invited to the MBS program? I’m just trynna find a way to feel special in these dark times...
Margiellamadman
Full Member
Pre II
Geisinger rejecting you guys and sending MBS is just as bad as what Wake Forest did, and deserves the reaction on r/premed
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Geisinger rejecting you guys and sending MBS is just as bad as what Wake Forest did, and deserves the reaction on r/premed
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
MBS at least has a linkage to their MD program. I think they said like 20-25% of their class is pulled from their MBS program.
Where did you hear that? I heard they like to take students from the MBS as well, but haven't seen any stats on it.MBS at least has a linkage to their MD program. I think they said like 20-25% of their class is pulled from their MBS program.
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
R by snail mail today
Big F’s! Congratulations to everyone that’s been accepted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Big F’s! Congratulations to everyone that’s been accepted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
MBS at least has a linkage to their MD program. I think they said like 20-25% of their class is pulled from their MBS program.
Nvm, I called the admissions office and confirmed this. The guy I spoke with said that about 20% of the seats for the incoming class this year went to graduates of the MBS program. Or around 22 seats.
I also asked if people who are rejected from the MD program get an insta-invite and he said that was a hard no. They still have to apply.
Nvm, I called the admissions office and confirmed this. The guy I spoke with said that about 20% of the seats for the incoming class this year went to graduates of the MBS program. Or around 22 seats.
I also asked if people who are rejected from the MD program get an insta-invite and he said that was a hard no. They still have to apply.
You get an invite to the MBS program if you are waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i was deferred back in December and didn't hear anything this month, would that indicate my application was deferred again?
I was deferred back in October and still haven’t gotten a rejection letter in the mail. So you can definitely keep getting deferred to the next meeting without being notified
I was deferred back in October and still haven’t gotten a rejection letter in the mail. So you can definitely keep getting deferred to the next meeting without being notified
Appreciate it man, seems like Feb-April will be big months for those who’ve been deferred.
I interviewed Nov 7 and have not heard back... am I alone? Should I anticipate the rejection via snail mail? Is it confirmed that the rejections are definitely via snail mail?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did any of you who heard back interview Nov. 30? If not when did you interview?
Same boat as you fam.
I interviewed Nov 7 and have not heard back... am I alone? Should I anticipate the rejection via snail mail? Is it confirmed that the rejections are definitely via snail mail?
Seems like someone who interviewed 11/12 got rejected by snail mail... not looking good for us who didn't hear anything yet.
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
Did you interview 11/30? I think they just cut off before that tbhSame boat as you fam.
Seems like someone who interviewed 11/12 got rejected by snail mail... not looking good for us who didn't hear anything yet.
Thefutureisbright
Full Member
Any accepted students page yet?
Did you interview 11/30? I think they just cut off before that tbh
Ya I did. I saw someone from 11/28 hear back and just assumed 11/30 was lumped into that as well. Here's to hoping tho!!
Would a job change count as a significant application update post-interview? Is it worth sending an update with only one change?
II today~
I'll be rejecting. Hope it goes to one of you guys
interview dates until the week of march 4th
I'll be rejecting. Hope it goes to one of you guys
interview dates until the week of march 4th
Perfect - thanks so much!I would say yes if it’s patient contact or research. Also, you can submit one update now and another later - so yes worth one change. Main point is that it won’t hurt you.
II yesterday but will be withdrawing! No dates in Jan. but yes in Feb/March. Best of luck and hope one of you gets it!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has anyone been able to make the contact info updates on the (absolutely awful) intraweb page they requested? I've checked it a a few times now, and I'm fairly certain the links they describe don't exist. I.e. this one: "1. Please go to >> Settings and Tools >> Personal Information >> Update Personal Information."
Has anyone been able to make the contact info updates on the (absolutely awful) intraweb page they requested? I've checked it a a few times now, and I'm fairly certain the links they describe don't exist. I.e. this one: "1. Please go to >> Settings and Tools >> Personal Information >> Update Personal Information."
Did some digging and found this! It worked for me, I also had the same issue.
Any accepted students page yet?
bump
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today, secondary submitted on 7/4
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your LizzyM or MCAT/GPA? And whether you are ORM or URM- ThanksII today, secondary submitted on 7/4
Looking for some hope
Princess Pre-Med
Full Member
Any idea when those of us who haven't heard back post II should hear back?
II today, secondary submitted on 7/4
Dang can't believe they're still sending out IIs. I thought for sure they were done and had already given up hope lol
soontobedoc123
Full Member
Any idea when those of us who haven't heard back post II should hear back?
I heard back about 10 weeks after my II