2018-2019 The Commonwealth Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any 11/30 peeps hear back yet? do we think more will come this week? this is nerve-wracking. :vomit:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
any 11/30 peeps hear back yet? do we think more will come this week? this is nerve-wracking. :vomit:
11/30 as well and nothing yet. Really hoping there’s more decisions this week

I haven’t heard anything yet either :( interviewed on 12/5.. I really really hope this doesn’t mean a rejection letter is in the mail

FWIW I've been sitting here on the deferred list since November. I think only one person in this thread has been accepted after being deferred.

FWIW, during my interview yesterday one of the guys got off the deferral list and was accepted. Deferred with the December results, accepted the next round (yesterday, 1/16). The deferral list seems like a solid place to be. Keep your heads up everyone who has been deferred, it really seems like they really do review at every meeting, and there is movement. I'd expect more towards the end of the cycle, but every release is another chance at that A. Deferral isn't false hope, they really did see something in you, and you really do have a chance...this cycle more than ever I'd bet.

Reactions: 1 users
So do rejections get sent by snail mail?
Im not entirely sure — this hasn’t really been mentioned at this school. I really just think they didn’t get to us. They had a lot interviewees to get through.

Im not entirely sure — this hasn’t really been mentioned at this school. I really just think they didn’t get to us. They had a lot interviewees to get through.
agreed, I guess we didn't make the cut, hoping it's not another whole month

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when specifically during each month do they have their committee meetings? I figured that may give those of us who have been deferred a slight idea of when we could hear back each month

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting in after getting deferred?
I interviewed in September, was deferred in October, and then accepted in November. Not sure what the overall chances are but they definitely pull from the deferred list!

Does anyone know when specifically during each month do they have their committee meetings? I figured that may give those of us who have been deferred a slight idea of when we could hear back each month
I was deferred 10/16 and then accepted 11/12. So maybe middle of the month? Not sure if this is the same for all though.

Interviewed 11/12 but still silence
No A’s or deferred status. R incoming?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Was everyone who got axed also invited to the MBS program? I’m just trynna find a way to feel special in these dark times...

Geisinger rejecting you guys and sending MBS is just as bad as what Wake Forest did, and deserves the reaction on r/premed

Reactions: 4 users
Geisinger rejecting you guys and sending MBS is just as bad as what Wake Forest did, and deserves the reaction on r/premed

MBS at least has a linkage to their MD program. I think they said like 20-25% of their class is pulled from their MBS program.

MBS at least has a linkage to their MD program. I think they said like 20-25% of their class is pulled from their MBS program.
Where did you hear that? I heard they like to take students from the MBS as well, but haven't seen any stats on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

R by snail mail today

Big F’s! Congratulations to everyone that’s been accepted

Nvm, I called the admissions office and confirmed this. The guy I spoke with said that about 20% of the seats for the incoming class this year went to graduates of the MBS program. Or around 22 seats.

I also asked if people who are rejected from the MD program get an insta-invite and he said that was a hard no. They still have to apply.

Nvm, I called the admissions office and confirmed this. The guy I spoke with said that about 20% of the seats for the incoming class this year went to graduates of the MBS program. Or around 22 seats.

I also asked if people who are rejected from the MD program get an insta-invite and he said that was a hard no. They still have to apply.

You get an invite to the MBS program if you are waitlisted

Did any of you who heard back interview Nov. 30? If not when did you interview?

i was deferred back in December and didn't hear anything this month, would that indicate my application was deferred again?

i was deferred back in December and didn't hear anything this month, would that indicate my application was deferred again?

I was deferred back in October and still haven’t gotten a rejection letter in the mail. So you can definitely keep getting deferred to the next meeting without being notified

I was deferred back in October and still haven’t gotten a rejection letter in the mail. So you can definitely keep getting deferred to the next meeting without being notified

Appreciate it man, seems like Feb-April will be big months for those who’ve been deferred.

I interviewed Nov 7 and have not heard back... am I alone? Should I anticipate the rejection via snail mail? Is it confirmed that the rejections are definitely via snail mail?

Did any of you who heard back interview Nov. 30? If not when did you interview?

Same boat as you fam.

I interviewed Nov 7 and have not heard back... am I alone? Should I anticipate the rejection via snail mail? Is it confirmed that the rejections are definitely via snail mail?

Seems like someone who interviewed 11/12 got rejected by snail mail... not looking good for us who didn't hear anything yet.

Would a job change count as a significant application update post-interview? Is it worth sending an update with only one change?

II today~
I'll be rejecting. Hope it goes to one of you guys

interview dates until the week of march 4th

II yesterday but will be withdrawing! No dates in Jan. but yes in Feb/March. Best of luck and hope one of you gets it!

Has anyone been able to make the contact info updates on the (absolutely awful) intraweb page they requested? I've checked it a a few times now, and I'm fairly certain the links they describe don't exist. I.e. this one: "1. Please go to >> Settings and Tools >> Personal Information >> Update Personal Information."

Has anyone been able to make the contact info updates on the (absolutely awful) intraweb page they requested? I've checked it a a few times now, and I'm fairly certain the links they describe don't exist. I.e. this one: "1. Please go to >> Settings and Tools >> Personal Information >> Update Personal Information."

Did some digging and found this! It worked for me, I also had the same issue.

Reactions: 2 users