2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so sorry to hear. The cycle is not over yet, keep your chin up! Would you mind sharing when you were interviewed? Thank you!
I interviewed on 1/27

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a UCD undergrad with 6+ years of strong ties to NorCal and both volunteer/work experience at UCD Health. Praying for that II 😭

Must've been the poor Preview score lol XD

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just a UCD undergrad with 6+ years of strong ties to NorCal and both volunteer/work experience at UCD Health. Praying for that II 😭

Must've been the poor Preview score lol XD
I have a high Preview score and also have strong ties with the Central Valley area….still praying for that II too

Does anyone know where to find info on the possible placements for rotations? Sometimes schools have them spread out all over and I wondered if there were any that were outside of the Sac area or if they are mostly at the UC Davis Med Center.

Does anyone that interviewed have any tips for interview day? I would really appreciate it! :)

Does anyone that interviewed have any tips for interview day? I would really appreciate it! :)
Since I had never done an MMI before, the biggest thing that helped me was to go through potential MMI scenarios (there are tons of lists of practice Q's online) and practice giving a coherent response in 2-2.5 minutes. Either record yourself talking and listen back, or have someone else listen to you and give feedback (the second one being the better option b/c having an outside ear helps you catch things you may not notice about yourself). You won't know what scenarios you will encounter on interview day, so it's not about practicing specific answers. The goal is to be comfortable speaking about a variety of situations, so answering a variety of questions will help prime your brain for that kind of thinking. Hope that helps!

Does anyone know where to find info on the possible placements for rotations? Sometimes schools have them spread out all over and I wondered if there were any that were outside of the Sac area or if they are mostly at the UC Davis Med Center.
A lot of them are at UCD or the greater Sac area, but they can be up to 50 miles away. If you’re not in a pathway, you can volunteer to be at a rural site or Modesto (REACH site). If there’s no volunteers, they may place you there but you’ll usually get some kind of housing (as they’re farther than 50 miles).

A lot of them are at UCD or the greater Sac area, but they can be up to 50 miles away. If you’re not in a pathway, you can volunteer to be at a rural site or Modesto (REACH site). If there’s no volunteers, they may place you there but you’ll usually get some kind of housing (as they’re farther than 50 miles).
Super helpful, thank you! To clarify, the school provides housing/assists with housing for the farther placements? I've heard of some programs where the students have to find and fund their housing so I'm just curious.

Just got the A via phone call from the assistant dean of admissions 🤩 Interviewed 1/27, IS, LM 71, extremely nontrad lol. Hoping for great news for others today as well!!! ♥️

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Super helpful, thank you! To clarify, the school provides housing/assists with housing for the farther placements? I've heard of some programs where the students have to find and fund their housing so I'm just curious.
Yes! For non-pathway students that get placed at one of the rural or far away sites, some kind of housing (potentially a hotel room) will be provided.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied for the MD/PhD dual degree and been declined admission for the MD/PhD program but accepted for the MD on its own?

Has anyone applied for the MD/PhD dual degree and been declined admission for the MD/PhD program but accepted for the MD on its own?
Hi I literally just did this on Tuesday. It was OK, they were super understanding.

Hi I literally just did this on Tuesday. It was OK, they were super understanding.

They told me last year when I interviewed that you couldn’t do that though? Is it different this year?

I’ve noticed acceptances are coming via phone call. Are WL and Rs coming via email…? Gotta make sure I’m checking all communication channels while I’m working, lol

Hey, accepted friends. Don't forget to send in your financial aid materials. Deadline is 3/1 or 3/2, depending on who you ask.

Reactions: 2 users
DM if anyone is looking for housing. I will have two rooms available July 1st. House is located 2 miles (10 minute bike ride) from UC Davis SOM.

I’ve noticed acceptances are coming via phone call. Are WL and Rs coming via email…? Gotta make sure I’m checking all communication channels while I’m working, lol
Yes, acceptances via phone call (though you also receive an email). WL and Rs via email.

Hey, accepted friends. Don't forget to send in your financial aid materials. Deadline is 3/1 or 3/2, depending on who you ask.
Thanks! Did you get a confirmation email after submitting the supplemental financial aid app?

Thanks! Did you get a confirmation email after submitting the supplemental financial aid app?
No, but I emailed them and asked them to confirm receipt of my supplemental and parental forms. They did.

Does anyone know if you're allowed to take notes here during the 2 minutes?

Just received the R, interview Feb 10 :/ wishing everyone else success!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Post-II WL, interviewed 2/10. Anyone has any idea if UCD has a big waitlist movement? :'(

• Care
Does Davis have rolling admissions? Or are there still available positions open ?

Sending good vibes to the davis med applicants from vet land :cat:

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
From what I've seen in the group, it looks like nobody's getting accepted lately. All I'm seeing is rejections and waitlist notifications. :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi: Do you think the class is already full and they're only interviewing for the waitlist?

• Care
1677867477019.png

New update!

Withdrew my A here - hope it goes to someone on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
From what I've seen in the group, it looks like nobody's getting accepted lately. All I'm seeing is rejections and waitlist notifications. :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi: Do you think the class is already full and they're only interviewing for the waitlist?
I didn't even think about that as a possibility. My anxiety just shot through the roof, lol

• Care
Just got the A call. Interviewed 1/26/23.

edit: II received on 1/26. Interviewed on 2/10. Nice to see they kept with 3-4 week turnaround they communicated during the interview day.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got the A call this afternoon!! Interviewed 2/10.

Rooting for everyone still waiting & on the WL!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I see we have to accept the admissions offer within two weeks. Is accepting the offer the equivalent of holding my spot in the class? Or is it a commitment to Davis over every other program? Wondering if I accept the offer now, am I still able to withdraw my app later and give my spot to someone else if I hear about getting off the waitlist at another program.

I see we have to accept the admissions offer within two weeks. Is accepting the offer the equivalent of holding my spot in the class? Or is it a commitment to Davis over every other program? Wondering if I accept the offer now, am I still able to withdraw my app later and give my spot to someone else if I hear about getting off the waitlist at another program.
I'm no expert, but I have seen this kind of question several times in these school-specific threads. I have carefully read the AMCAS rules. Assuming that UCD follows AMCAS traffic rules, you should be able to accept their offer now, but it is not binding. Until you click the CTE radio button, you don't "marry" that school. If UCD says that accepting their offer is a marriage, they are not following AMCAS' rules.

Maybe posting the exact wording of their request might help to clarify here.

I'm no expert, but I have seen this kind of question several times in these school-specific threads. I have carefully read the AMCAS rules. Assuming that UCD follows AMCAS traffic rules, you should be able to accept their offer now, but it is not binding. Until you click the CTE radio button, you don't "marry" that school. If UCD says that accepting their offer is a marriage, they are not following AMCAS' rules.

Maybe posting the exact wording of their request might help to clarify here.
Wow this is extremely helpful, thank you!

Their language just says that not accepting the offer forfeits the acceptance. No language about what accepting the offer means.

I echo what @Angler said. Typically accepting just means saving your seat. Only towards the end of the cycle Apr 15 and Apr 30 is when you decide on which A's to keep - these are recommended traffic rules by AAMC. The commitment changed via your application CYMS is the binding agreement.

Schools don't have to abide by these rules, but they usually do.

Their language just says that not accepting the offer forfeits the acceptance. No language about what accepting the offer means.
Unless you have no intention of attending UCD and no intention of using an acceptance as potential leverage for financial aid from other schools, you should accept.

Can UCD just sent me a pre-II rejection instead of stringing me along

Reactions: 4 users
Same. Them interviewing through March is anxiety inducing.
May have missed it somewhere in the thread, where does it say only interview through March?

May have missed it somewhere in the thread, where does it say only interview through March?

Thanks! Seems like they interview till 4/7/23 (https://health.ucdavis.edu/mdprogram/curriculum/pdfs/Med-ed-timeline.pdf)

Interesting to see "Screen applications (7/15/22 - 2/28/23) to invite for interview" I wonder if we that means we passed the screen and we're just waiting for the II...or that pre-II R lol :cryi:

I’m feeling optimistic about this one:)
It's so hard to be optimistic for me right now, but I admire you for doing so. I've survived so many R waves from multiple schools only to be rejected super late in the game. (e.g. Loyola, UVA, Wayne State) So my hopes are low and I've started accepting that I have to reapply :/ Wishing the best for both of us!