2021-2022 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II receiver earlier today as well. Complete 9/03/21. ORM, disadvantaged LM 64, Reapplicant.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Any admitted students hear anything about a second look weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does UC Davis accept letters of interest? I have not received an II yet.
their website says they don't accept updates of any kind (except on a case by case basis for substantial changes). i assumed this included letters of interest as well

Got off the Interview Waitlist after being placed on it roughly 2-3 weeks ago. II today.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II receiver earlier today as well. Complete 9/03/21. ORM, disadvantaged LM 64, Reapplicant.
Were you on a waitlist? I'm patiently waiting to hear from them for an II, but wasn't placed on a waitlist.

Got the A today!!! I cannot believe it!!!! Omg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was the A a phone call or email ? Or both? I get too much spam calls!
they told me during the interview that we would know 3-4 weeks after. and i got a call and then emails after!!

my stats, URM, 510 mcat, 3.5 gpa, from socal

Reactions: 1 user
Placed on interview waitlist. High MCAT URM with strong ties. Judging by this thread it seems like the interview waitlist isnt too bad of a place to be tho.

• Care
hey davis,

i haven't heard from you in a while, and you don't have to respond, but the winter storm sweeping across the US got me thinking about our relationship. since you gave me the cold shoulder, i've been trying to be a better woman for you. one day soon, i trust you'll realize i'm the gal for you and you'll send me an II. peace and love

Attachments

• img.png
    img.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
pre-II R just now. complete in late august, OOS. good luck everyone!

• Care
anyone complete in july and have heard silence since?

Same here, complete silence since mid July, does anyone have an idea if they send weekly II? how much of the class is full?

hey davis,

i haven't heard from you in a while, and you don't have to respond, but the winter storm sweeping across the US got me thinking about our relationship. since you gave me the cold shoulder, i've been trying to be a better woman for you. one day soon, i trust you'll realize i'm the gal for you and you'll send me an II. peace and love
pre-II R just now. complete in late august, OOS. good luck everyone!
Oh the duality of SDN

• Haha
Can anyone who interviewed w Davis let me know how bad the mmi was here? You didn’t have to give specifics at all I know you signed an NDA, just how stressful/painful it was. I got put on the interview waitlist and am not super excited by the idea that I might have 0-5 days notice to prepare for an mmi (never done one before). Thanks everyone :)

Can anyone who interviewed w Davis let me know how bad the mmi was here? You didn’t have to give specifics at all I know you signed an NDA, just how stressful/painful it was. I got put on the interview waitlist and am not super excited by the idea that I might have 0-5 days notice to prepare for an mmi (never done one before). Thanks everyone :)
Out of the other MMIs I've done, Davis was on the easier side. I would start preparing now just in case because MMI tends to be more difficult if you haven't done one before.

Completed app in July but silent from UCD. Since UCD does not accept update letters, Is there anything I could do at this point? Should I call the office and ask about the status of my app?

Completed app in July but silent from UCD. Since UCD does not accept update letters, Is there anything I could do at this point? Should I call the office and ask about the status of my app?
Probably not, a good majority of people are in the same position as you, including me. Many people have posted here and said that they submitted as early as possible and still haven't heard anything, so I doubt its because your app got lost or something. Unfortunately, we have to just sit in agony and be patient, but I feel you, it is nerve wracking! :(

• Sad
I hope UC Davis isn’t done sending interview invites :( some schools are already done.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the Pre-II R. Definitely bummed since Davis was always my dream medical school. Ive already been accepted to a few schools with a LM 75, but would have definitely picked Davis. IS (Northern California), submitted early July

• Care
Pre-II R. Super bummed as well. This was my alma mater too.

• Care
3rd rejection today!

• Care
Oh no not the Pre-II R wave! 😩 Let’s see what happens 🤞

Just got the Pre-II R. Definitely bummed since Davis was always my dream medical school. Ive already been accepted to a few schools with a LM 75, but would have definitely picked Davis. IS (Northern California), submitted early July
+1 IS

thought I missed the pre-II R wave but turns out I just missed the email /: complete 8/24 and IS (central cal)

• Care