2022-2023 UC Davis

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my application here after my interview. I interviewed 3/3. I have few acceptance else were and thought uc Davis would not be the best fit for m. Good luck all
 
Hi! Is there a group chat/Groupme for admitted students (besides the Facebook group)? Kinda feel out of the loop about financial packages, housing, and just the ability to talk to current students. Any information would be helpful 😊
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Is there a group chat/Groupme for admitted students (besides the Facebook group)? Kinda feel out of the loop about financial packages, housing, and just the ability to talk to current students. Any information would be helpful 😊
Not that I know of! If there is I would also be down to join
 
Does UCD accept letters of intent or update letters generally speaking? I remember seeing that somewhere but was wondering if someone can confirm
 
Hi! Is there a group chat/Groupme for admitted students (besides the Facebook group)? Kinda feel out of the loop about financial packages, housing, and just the ability to talk to current students. Any information would be helpful 😊
bump! haha I really want to know too
 
I really hope they send them before May 1!
Unfortunately, they won’t. 😅 I’m starting third year next week and haven’t gotten my new 2023-24 package yet. Incoming MS1s likely won’t get their full package until sometime in June. You receive a separate email if you’ve been awarded a scholarship.
 
Last edited:
bump! haha I really want to know too
Each class uses Discord, but it’s up to your class to put it together. I don’t think anyone has started one yet. If you’re in the Facebook group already, one of y’all are welcome to start a post about one 🙂

Facebook is your best bet to talk to current students and ask questions. A lot of current students have recently been added (with more to come!).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what kind of sessions will be offered at the Diversity Revisit Day? Will it be informational or is it just a chance to mingle with other potential students?
 
Does anyone know what kind of sessions will be offered at the Diversity Revisit Day? Will it be informational or is it just a chance to mingle with other potential students?
I think a mix of both! Here’s what the website to register says: “Start the morning off with your white coat fittings during the registration period of 9-10am. The Diversity Revisit Program will start promptly at 10am; get acquainted with your future peers and hear from some of our school’s leaders. After lunch, we will have breakouts to help you see more of our campus and learn about our academic structure and opportunities at UC Davis School of Medicine.”

There’s also an ice cream social in the afternoon and a dinner in the evening.
 
Any acceptances from the waitlist today? Hoping we see some movement this month! Does anyone know what is typical for waitlist movement, or when the class is typically finalized by?
 
Any acceptances from the waitlist today? Hoping we see some movement this month! Does anyone know what is typical for waitlist movement, or when the class is typically finalized by?
I'm curious about the WL movement if anyone has data/insight as well - wish I had better numbers than just MSAR's vague data. I'm gonna guess the class is finalized by Jul 15 based on their website. But based on prev threads it looks like getting pulled off WL happens until mid-late Jun (Davis will send out an email when class is full and movement will be minimal).

Good luck to y'all on the WL.
 
Was accepted but withdraw my application Friday, wish everyone on the waitlist the best of luck!
Curious. Where are ending up going if it’s ok for you to say. Otherwise, good luck with your 1st year and congrats!
 
I’ve literally been crying for the past 30 mins after receiving the acceptance call. Davis was my top choice since undergrad. I am so exited to be joining y’all next year. 🥳
Anyone looking for roomies? Lol
 
I’ve literally been crying for the past 30 mins after receiving the acceptance call. Davis was my top choice since undergrad. I am so exited to be joining y’all next year. 🥳
Anyone looking for roomies? Lol
Congratulations! You deserved it 😍 Can you please share the date of your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JUST GOT THE CALL! IM OFF THE WAITLIST! I was literally sitting outside of a dealership waiting for my car to be serviced 😂😂😂 I CANT BELIEVE IT'S (one step closer to) OVER!!!!!!
For anyone wondering, I interviewed Feb 24th. 518 MCAT, 3.77 cGPA, 3.56 sGPA, California resident living in NorCal. Went to a state school! Excited to meet everyone else with an A, and for those holding onto WLs, I hope to meet you too; don't give up hope!
 
JUST GOT THE CALL! IM OFF THE WAITLIST! I was literally sitting outside of a dealership waiting for my car to be serviced 😂😂😂 I CANT BELIEVE IT'S (one step closer to) OVER!!!!!!
For anyone wondering, I interviewed Feb 24th. 518 MCAT, 3.77 cGPA, 3.56 sGPA, California resident living in NorCal. Went to a state school! Excited to meet everyone else with an A, and for those holding onto WLs, I hope to meet you too; don't give up hope!
kinda wild how your life can change in your normal day-to-day activities. i had just finished brushing my teeth when i got the WL call yesterday lmao