2018-2019 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, does anyone knows if this school accepts letters of interest?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UCI notify you by email if they decide not to offer an interview invitation or is it through the application portal?

For interviews, will there be the 10 min structured MMI-like interview this year? It's unclear on the interview description whether or not this will be a thing.
it's a thing-- it's like one MMI- so I guess an MI? lol

Anyone else have this showing up under their Status tab:

Activate your UCInetID *(Available in late November)
Complete mid-July. No other communications. I don't remember seeing this earlier.

Anyone else have this showing up under their Status tab:

Activate your UCInetID *(Available in late November)
Complete mid-July. No other communications. I don't remember seeing this earlier.

Yes I see it too, but it has been there the whole time

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UCI is receptive to letters of interest/intent post-interview but prior to decisions?

This thread has been quiet. I submitted secondary on 7/15 and still haven’t heard back anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if UC Irvine is receptive to updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected. Complete 9/9 - it hurts. Stats in signature.

Secondary complete since 7/15. I hope that means they are gonna eventually send me an interview invite

I hope there will be another wave of secondaries soon. XD

Reactions: 2 users
II !!!

they had one last interview date in October but the rest of them are in November

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete 7/15. No news yet though.

Verified yesterday and received secondary this morning at 5:00am

should I just assume if I haven't gotten a secondary by now its time to move on??? not that im a star applicant by any means but just surprised its taken this long for any decision to be made

For anyone that's interviewed here already -- did they mention a date we'd hear back? I don't believe one was specified at my interview.

For anyone that's interviewed here already -- did they mention a date we'd hear back? I don't believe one was specified at my interview.

I interviewed mid September, and I believe Dean Peterson said that the admissions committee would be meeting mid-October and decisions would be made before/by Halloween.

Reactions: 1 user
First post secondary rejection goes to irvine! Good luck to everyone else!

Does anybody else have "Interview Status" and "Interview Date" with red checks on their status? I'm wondering if it's just part of their portal, like UCINetID, and I shouldn't expect an II because of this.

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Does anybody else have "Interview Status" and "Interview Date" with red checks on their status? I'm wondering if it's just part of their portal, like UCINetID, and I shouldn't expect an II because of this.

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Yea I have it too, don’t think it means anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Is it even legal and ethical to reject someone on a saturday night? :/
it is been real irvine

Reactions: 4 users
any ideas when we will get news post interview?

They released some acceptance decisions last year on the first day. Wonder if they are running behind this year? This wait is excruciating...

So there is an mmi style interview after the one-on-one's?

Interviewed here early sept. They said expect to hear back late October.