2018-2019 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The quasi-mmi? Umm they’re pretty common questions that you should be fine thinking of on the spot. Not sure if I can disclose anymore than that sorry.

No acting scenes as far as I know. It’s been a while too so I forgot a lot

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone tried contacting the school (calling, emailing, etc.) about when admission decisions will come out?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Irvine receptive to updates? If so, should they be emailed through the portal?

Reactions: 1 user
I still have not received my secondary after being verified Aug 20. Should I consider the silence indicative of a near-future rejection lol? My stats arent great so this wouldnt surprise me (LizzyM <65, OOS). Just really wanted to do PRIME-LC, and thought maybe I had a chance after receiving the UCSD, UCLA, and Davis secondaries :/

Has anyone received a pre-secondary R yet?

Last edited:
I still have not received my secondary after being verified Aug 20. Should I consider the silence indicative of a near-future rejection lol? My stats arent great so this wouldnt surprise me (LizzyM <65). Just really wanted to do PRIME-LC, and thought maybe I had a chance after receiving the UCSD, UCLA, and Davis secondaries :/

Has anyone received a pre-secondary R yet?
+1; verified 8/24

Does anyone know if UC Irvine is receptive to ita requests?

Is Irvine receptive to updates? If so, should they be emailed through the portal?
Yes, I sent an update through the portal and they emailed me to confirm that they would add the letter to my file.

The wait is excruciating. Anyone know if post-II decisions have been sent out yet?

Agree! My student interviewer and student host told me they were accepted off the waitlist, so at the very least I'm hoping to get waitlisted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol rejected post-interview. Honestly kind of surprised because I thought it went well and my stats are well above their averages, but it just goes to show how random this process is!
Whoa, I'm so sorry to hear that! Did you get an email today?

Did anyone interview the first day and not hear back yet? Haven't heard good or bad news from UCI yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if they are still sending out secondaries? This is the only UC I haven't heard from. I know it isn't likely- but I am wondering if they ever even received my primary.

Missed a call from Dean Peterson today in the afternoon because I was at another med school for an interview. She left a message letting me know I was accepted!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call from Dr. Peterson and was accepted.

Happy Halloween :)

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed the first day still waiting? This wait is kiiiiillllling me.

Received II just now!

Complete 8/12

II, complete late august! OOS, no ties

should I just assume if I haven't gotten a secondary by now its time to move on??? not that im a star applicant by any means but just surprised its taken this long for any decision to be made
When I applied 2 years ago, I got a secondary in December. unless you've been rejected, don't lose hope just yet.

Reactions: 5 users
Ladies who have attended the dinner before the interview, what did you wear?

Is there anyone else who interviewed mid-September and hasn’t heard anything?

The wait is killing me :(

Depends on your definition of Mid-September, haha. Looks like no one has heard from the 18th as far as I can tell. I feel you on the waiting issue, solidarity my friend <3

Same here, from 9/18 haha. Hope we hear back soon!

Anyone send in updates on the portal and not get an email confirmation afterwards? Just want to make sure my updates went through. Sigh, silence since August - I'm gonna assume no news is good news...?

Anyone send in updates on the portal and not get an email confirmation afterwards? Just want to make sure my updates went through. Sigh, silence since August - I'm gonna assume no news is good news...?

I sent an update a week after my interview in September and got an email confirmation an hour later

Thanks for the heads up - maybe since I sent the update through the portal later in the day yesterday, they're still combing through stuff... I should've also mentioned that this is pre-II updates, since they've been uber silent, ergh

Got an UCInet ID even though I don't have an II from this school.. Not sure if it is a good sign or neutral.

Last edited:
Got an UCInet ID even though I don't have an II from this school.. Not sure if it is a good sign or neutral.
Same. I didn’t get an email about it, just noticed the ID in the portal. I don’t have an II yet either, I don’t think it means anything.