2018-2019 University of California - Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone submitted secondary late july heard back from the school yet? I feel like I'm silent-rejected....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone submitted secondary late july heard back from the school yet? I feel like I'm silent-rejected....
I was complete 7/23 and got an II on 8/23. Nontrad IS, well-matched to school mission.

Reactions: 1 user

Was complete 7/16 and still haven't heard back. Would give it another month before hit the panic button

Anybody who submitted primaries on or after 08/27 receive any supp/secondaries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody who submitted primaries on or after 09/27 receive any supp/secondaries?
"on or after 9/27" - they don't have the ability to screen future applicants yet. Maybe in the future ;)
I think you meant 8/27. I was verified on 8/20 and still waiting for a secondary. I think they have been slow this year.

"on or after 9/27" - they don't have the ability to screen future applicants yet. Maybe in the future ;)
I think you meant 8/27. I was verified on 8/20 and still waiting for a secondary. I think they have been slow this year.

No I was talking about 09/27 of last year. Lol just fixed it. Thanks.

And they only send it to screened applicants , don’t they? Hopefully we haven’t been screened out.

And they only send it to screened applicants , don’t they? Hopefully we haven’t been screened out.
Yes, they only send secondaries to screened applicants. Hopefully not as this school is one of my top choices. I am a reapplicant and I got one last year with a much weaker application than this year. Not sure what's going on lol. I am just patiently waiting and hoping for the best. As long as we have not received a rejection, we still have a chance.

just got the secondary! I was afraid they might skip me over due to my low stats (3.3-3.4 cgpa and 510 MCAT). IS, but no IE connections and with a strong history of working with those underserved.

Anybody has a rough estimate of how many interviews vs secondaries they send?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the secondary! I was afraid they might skip me over due to my low stats (3.3-3.4 cgpa and 510 MCAT). IS, but no IE connections and with a strong history of working with those underserved.

Anybody has a rough estimate of how many interviews vs secondaries they send?
When did you send your primary?

Received a secondary today as well(It's been over a month since I got verified) Can anyone weigh in on whether it would be worth it to submit a secondary at this point?

Received a secondary today as well(It's been over a month since I got verified) Can anyone weigh in on whether it would be worth it to submit a secondary at this point?

You passed an initial screen so i would say it's worth it even if it would be considered late by normal standards

II!!! They had a date in October, complete 8/2. Strong fit with mission. This is my top choice

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
For applicants who completed 8/28 > , any word of secondary invitations/rejections?

Can anyone who’s interviewed/current med students comment on interview day? Do they provide breakfast, how long is the walking portion of the tour (it’s still hot here in Riverside), etc.

Can anyone who’s interviewed/current med students comment on interview day? Do they provide breakfast, how long is the walking portion of the tour (it’s still hot here in Riverside), etc.
They have plenty of snacks throughout the day, but I had an afternoon interview so can’t comment on the breakfast part. The med school is just a single building so you will not have to walk outside at all during the tour.

Reactions: 1 users

Did you manage to receive a secondary invitation/rejection?

Did you manage to receive a secondary invitation/rejection?
No, I have not received a secondary or rejection from them. Surprisingly I got a secondary from UCSD today (verified on 8/20). So just keep your hope up. If we havent gotten rejected we still have a chance (even if it’s a 1% chance lol)

No, I have not received a secondary or rejection from them. Surprisingly I got a secondary from UCSD today (verified on 8/20). So just keep your hope up. If we havent gotten rejected we still have a chance (even if it’s a 1% chance lol)

What are your stats? Mcat? And ECs?

Sooo I still haven’t received a secondary yet.. where the panic button lol

Anyone know what their expected class size is this year?

Anyone willing to share how the interview day is like?
Super chill and the staff/interviewers did a good job at making you feel comfortable. I prepped by doing a couple MMI questions and watching videos on YT and felt prepared. It was a lot of fun. Beyond that I can’t share anything because of the NDA!

Class size is 70, around 120 acceptances are offered. They are interviewing 264 students like last year. School is expanding their mock exam rooms and sim lab to the library (bigger area).

Some new things they’re implementing this year is graded second year weekly assessments that will be now USMLE questions (not prof written) to help students prepare for Step 1. Y 1/2 are P/F and year 3-4 H/P/F. You have the option in 3rd year to do TWO selective rotations at another UC campus and it won’t count as one of your aways (super helpful for those thinking of specializing). The staff and faculty were super nice and I really fell in love with the school! All the students I met were from Riverside county or went to UCR. They repeatedly stressed that they want to train physicians to stay in the IE.

Also super important - they will reject students after the interview if they are no longer considering your app. In previous years you were put on a waitlist and reconsidered throughout the year but that is no longer the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Class size is 70, around 120 acceptances are offered. They are interviewing 264 students like last year. School is expanding their mock exam rooms and sim lab to the library (bigger area).

Some new things they’re implementing this year is graded second year weekly assessments that will be now USMLE questions (not prof written) to help students prepare for Step 1. You have the option in 3rd year to do an elective rotation at another UC campus and it won’t count as one of your aways (super helpful for those thinking of specializing). The staff and faculty were super nice and I really fell in love with the school! All the students I met were from Riverside county or went to UCR. They repeatedly stressed that they want to train physicians to stay in the IE.

If I can snag an interview as a non IE native that would be super cool. Sounds like they are with the times with the USMLE questions and optional UC rotation. Good luck I hope you get that acceptance!

If I can snag an interview as a non IE native that would be super cool. Sounds like they are with the times with the USMLE questions and optional UC rotation. Good luck I hope you get that acceptance!
They definitely interview non-IE people and have them matriculate! :) Thank you and best of luck with Davis!

Anyone heard anything? Or know if they are expected to send results today.

Interviewed mid-september

Super chill and the staff/interviewers did a good job at making you feel comfortable. I prepped by doing a couple MMI questions and watching videos on YT and felt prepared. It was a lot of fun. Beyond that I can’t share anything because of the NDA!

Thank you! Is there a faculty/panel interview after the MMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Is there a faculty/panel interview after the MMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry what do you mean? The interview is just MMI. The dean gives presentations throughout the day and you're able to ask her any questions (she was super friendly).