2018-2019 University of California - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current MS1, also in the PRIME-HEq program! I can try to help answer questions if there are any (might be a little slow to respond, but I'll check back periodically)

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, never received a confirmation email. Primary verified on 8/20. Still waiting for a secondary from them and the rest of the UCs lol.

Same. Got confirmations from UCD/UCI and R from UCR/UCLA.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 II recieved on 11/8, was complete on 8/30
OOS, LizzyM 74.4

No interview dates anytime soon... has anyone been to an interview yet, or do they not start until October?
GHAC applicant and the first dates they had available were November

Been sitting on this secondary since Aug. 7th. Is it too late to submit?

Been sitting on this secondary since Aug. 7th. Is it too late to submit?

There’s a one month deadline after receiving the secondary. Two weeks for MD/PhD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UCSD still sending out secondaries. Just received on today. Verified August 20th.

I just got an II and the first date they had was january...is this normal?

II from my alma mater today! Complete 7/20 and IS. I applied for the GHAC track and they had interview dates starting from late November.

aaaahhhh I have been complete since 7/8... the ("6-8 week") wait is making me crazy.

congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much :), I feel like the admissions process has been really wholistic! I never thought I wouldv'e had a chance at a UC..

Reactions: 3 users
Bump

If we apply to PRIME-HEq and are not accepted, are we still considered for their regular MD program?
According to past threads, I believe so. You must be accepted to the MD program first and then a decision is made about PRIME in the spring.

Bump

If we apply to PRIME-HEq and are not accepted, are we still considered for their regular MD program?

Yes! I have several friends who interviewed for PRIME who didn’t get into the program, but still were accepted into regular MD. You find out if you were accepted into the MD program first, about 2 weeks after your interview, then PRIME results in March/April. Those who apply for PRIME are in a concurrent review with the MD program.

Last edited:
anyone else not receive a secondary yet? I submitted my primary in late July

I got put on hold in Aug and was excited (Lizzy 70, +1000 hours of OR exp, +1000 community service, and +500 research), but after reading this thread, I learned its basically a soft R. Best of luck to everyone else!

I got put on hold in Aug and was excited (Lizzy 70, +1000 hours of OR exp, +1000 community service, and +500 research), but after reading this thread, I learned its basically a soft R. Best of luck to everyone else!
Did they send an email telling you that you are on hold?

anyone else not receive a secondary yet? I submitted my primary in late July
Hey are you OOS? I feel like they don't have a "hard" screen so I'm surprised you don't have a secondary yet. I received one three days after submitting my primary on 7/31 so I don't know if they actually have a holistic screen (I don't have great stats either with a gpa of <3.5). Only other UC schools I received a secondary is UCR and UCD. If you're IS with a strong app consider emailing them for an update (if they're receptive to that... look at past threads or pages).

Hey are you OOS? I feel like they don't have a "hard" screen so I'm surprised you don't have a secondary yet. I received one three days after submitting my primary on 7/31 so I don't know if they actually have a holistic screen (I don't have great stats either with a gpa of <3.5). Only other UC schools I received a secondary is UCR and UCD. If you're IS with a strong app consider emailing them for an update (if they're receptive to that... look at past threads or pages).
I am IS verified around the same time and haven't receive secondary yet. I think they don't really go in chronological order, and the screening should pretty holistic and was known for not only based on stats.

I am IS verified around the same time and haven't receive secondary yet. I think they don't really go in chronological order, and the screening should pretty holistic and was known for not only based on stats.

UCSD is NOT receptive to updates, and are very upfront about not wanting any.

Hi there! I received a "your file is complete and has been forwarded for review" exactly 8 weeks ago, but have heard nothing since (the email said it would take 2-6 weeks to hear back). Has anyone else had this happen to them and does it mean I should just write this school off as a hold? I'm OOS.

Hi there! I received a "your file is complete and has been forwarded for review" exactly 8 weeks ago, but have heard nothing since (the email said it would take 2-6 weeks to hear back). Has anyone else had this happen to them and does it mean I should just write this school off as a hold? I'm OOS.
I was complete 8/5 and haven't heard anything either

just got the on hold email, complete august 16th

+1

Do people get interviews from the interview waitlist?

theres extensive discussion about this earlier in the thread if you want to check it out, but the short answer is it is rare and this is pretty much a soft rejection

theres extensive discussion about this earlier in the thread if you want to check it out, but the short answer is it is rare and this is pretty much a soft rejection
Ok perfect! Thank you!

+1 on the hold, complete 8/25
this one hurts the most :( was my top choice

Complete mid-August, no news - no hold, II, or rejection. JUST REJECT ME ALREADY UCSD.

Last edited:
Got the hold as well. I'm getting no California love at all lol. Complete mid July.

Hold here too.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk