2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea when the next batch of acceptances will be sent out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea when the next batch of acceptances will be sent out?

There will be a batch in December but only people who interviewed before mid November are supposed to hear then and anyone after mid November should be in January. This is what Sara told us on my interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
There will be a batch in December but only people who interviewed before mid November are supposed to hear then and anyone after mid November should be in January. This is what Sara told us on my interview day.
Ahhhh, gotcha. I was the second week of November (before the 15th aka midway point, but still close) so idk if I’ll be considered for the December acceptances. Thanks for the reply :’) appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh, gotcha. I was the second week of November (before the 15th aka midway point, but still close) so idk if I’ll be considered for the December acceptances. Thanks for the reply :’) appreciate it.

They also said not getting an acceptance right away isn't necessarily
Do you know if the Dec date will include ALL people before mid November? Like including rejections?

They said if you don't hear in december you could still hear back in the following waves. It doesn't mean you're rejected. Like @The Local News said, I'm pretty sure post interview rejections all come at the end based off that.

Reactions: 2 users
Do we know what part of December post-interview decisions are expected to be released? I'm guessing by mid-December to be before the holidays...
Sorry all they said was December. They were telling my interview group that we would miss the December decisions and hear back in January because we were on the second half of November for interviews so it was very vague.

I'm a bit late on this post, but got an II a couple days ago.

What is the consensus, if any of sending a LOI? I was most impressed all around with the people, facilities and philosophy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they mention scholarships in the calls to anyone this round?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did not mention it to me! Just got a financial aid email that included info about "outside scholarships" I hope it doesn't mean merit scholarships are out of the question.

Did not mention it to me! Just got a financial aid email that included info about "outside scholarships" I hope it doesn't mean merit scholarships are out of the question.

Do you mind sharing approx when you interviewed? Congrats on the acceptance!

For everyone still waiting, just wanted to provide some insight. Called the other week to confirm receipt of an ITA request and the admissions office rep on the phone said they received it, followed by saying that "my app is still in the screening queue."

Some more details: Complete 8/7, LM 70, OOS. My guess now is that apps are either indeed stratified or I'm in an internal hold pile...who knows

Reactions: 6 users
Pre-II Rejection - LM 82, Complete e-mail 10/22. Canadian Applicant. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Pre-II R - LM 77 WARS 100ish Complete early August, Canadian Applicant.
GL everyone!

Pre-II Rejection - LM 82, Complete e-mail 10/22. Canadian Applicant. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I’m sorry :/. LM 82 though? You should feel pretty good about that!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I’m sorry :/. LM 82 though? You should feel pretty good about that!

Thank you for your encouragement :) Yes I am happy with the LM - I think I'll chalk this R up to Canadian applicant - doesn't seem like Pritzker is too friendly towards them (plus submitting all my secondaries so late isn't going to help my case :p )

Thank you for your encouragement :) Yes I am happy with the LM - I think I'll chalk this R up to Canadian applicant - doesn't seem like Pritzker is too friendly towards them (plus submitting all my secondaries so late isn't going to help my case :p )

From the post that followed yours it seems today wasn’t a good day for Canadians. I wish you luck! I’m also Canadian, but don’t tell Pritzker ;)

(For everyone else reading this - relax, that was a joke - I’m a dual citizen and US resident. I’m not trying to sneak in or anything)

II and can't believe it!!! complete mid August

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how long the closing session is? When can we expect to be done with the interview day?

Does anyone know how long the closing session is? When can we expect to be done with the interview day?

It was a long day. Closing session was short. I ended around 4:30ish bit b few people on my interview day had early flights and were able to skip the closing session so just ask them if you need to do something similar.

Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate here? thanks!

II last week!! ECSTATIC! Complete in July. Truly surprised to have gotten love from this absolute dream of a school. Available dates were in Jan. Do you guys believe I'm at a disadvantage interviewing so late in the game - considering lots of acceptances have gone out already?

II last week!! ECSTATIC! Complete in July. Truly surprised to have gotten love from this absolute dream of a school. Available dates were in Jan. Do you guys believe I'm at a disadvantage interviewing so late in the game - considering lots of acceptances have gone out already?

They wouldn’t commit their time and resources to interviewing people they weren’t strongly considering. Kill the interview and you’ll have a good shot at an acceptance! Best of luck!

FWIW I didn't receive the II until recently and just interviewed and I felt like they were so warm and pumped to have us there that I could definitely see they take all applicants they interview very seriously. I agree it's definitely more nerve-wracking to be interviewing at an awesome school like this later in their season, but I agree with @ReggieVeggie that you just have to give it your best shot and see how things play out!

Maybe another round of acceptances coming sometime in the near future?

Maybe another round of acceptances coming sometime in the near future?
I predict the week of new years. I believe there's a round every six weeks and last round of A's went out the week of 11/19.

Rejected Pre II Yesterday. Would have been nice, but the show goes on. LM - 74

Is no news good news for this school? Complete since early Aug, LM 73 OOS