2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rejected pre-II, good luck everyone

I’m sorry for the bad news. When were you complete?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email from UChigago and freaked out and it turned out to be an email about a masters program...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They're really playing with my emotions...

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to change the subject everyone, I'm trying to finalize my travel plans for this interview. Did everyone who interviewed really fly to midway over O'hare. It's more than 2x the price for me to fly to midway and usually at inconvenient times with multiple layovers.
Was anyone able to successfully fly to O'hare and make it to the interview fine? Did you have to stay an extra day? Thanks!

O'Hare was more than fine for me. Take the blue line downtown and then rideshare to your hotel/host to save some time and money. I didn't have to stay an extra day for either of the interviews I had in Chicago using this method.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to change the subject everyone, I'm trying to finalize my travel plans for this interview. Did everyone who interviewed really fly to midway over O'hare. It's more than 2x the price for me to fly to midway and usually at inconvenient times with multiple layovers.
Was anyone able to successfully fly to O'hare and make it to the interview fine? Did you have to stay an extra day? Thanks!
Not a problem at all. Like the above post says just blue line and rideshare both ways. Give yourself an hour planned commute time this way, as you never know how long rideshare will take

II today. Completed late July-early August. They are still sending out II so watch out. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II rejection just now, complete 9/20.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Accepted!! Interviewed early sept

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
damn, passed on another round of acceptances today! i guess we'll see

damn, passed on another round of acceptances today! i guess we'll see
Never know man, I had all but given up during the last round of decisions. It was super late in the evening and I was all depressed and was literally mid sentence saying to my gf "well there's lots of other great schools out there.." and then the phone rang.

Reactions: 2 users
congrats! based on your earlier posts it seems we interviewed the same day! I was rooting for you, see ya at second look!
Thanks! Yea, can’t wait for second look. Do you know the dates for second look? I haven’t gotten that info yet.

Accepted today! Ecstatic. Literally my dream school! Interviewed in September (thought I was out of the running). Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Never know man, I had all but given up during the last round of decisions. It was super late in the evening and I was all depressed and was literally mid sentence saying to my gf "well there's lots of other great schools out there.." and then the phone rang.
lol nah no call today so probs missed it

Just got that pre-II R on Sunday night, best of luck to everyone else!

Anyone have any insight into splitting second look weekends? Pritzker and another school I'm interested in overlap for second look. I heard from a current med student at a different university that you can split the weekend by doing one day at one school and the other day at the other school. Anyone heard something similar?

Anyone have any insight into splitting second look weekends? Pritzker and another school I'm interested in overlap for second look. I heard from a current med student at a different university that you can split the weekend by doing one day at one school and the other day at the other school. Anyone heard something similar?
Where did you find the dates for second look? They aren't in my acceptance email or in my portal.

real talk: has anyone accepted received the scrub top we submitted sizes for after interviewing?!? i was accepted in oct and have been hoping for it every day when I check my mail

real talk: has anyone accepted received the scrub top we submitted sizes for after interviewing?!? i was accepted in oct and have been hoping for it every day when I check my mail

Pretty sure you only get that after matriculation.

II today! Quick question - at this point, is it mostly interviewing for the WL? I am very thankful to receive an II, but I got into my state school this morning and need to save some travel money.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten accepted so far and to everyone who has gotten an II!

@littlefishbigpond3270 It took me a while to get my scrub top, but it'll be coming soon! You get your scrub pants once you matriculate.
@geriatricluver I interviewed in late January and was accepted a month later - so if you want to go to Pritzker, I'd interview!

Reactions: 3 users
II today! LM75 complete late July. Super pumped

Waiting for an interview invite. I completed mid-late September. Anyone on a similar boat?

Waiting for an interview invite. I completed mid-late September. Anyone on a similar boat?
complete mid august and still silent. According to last year's thread they were still extending invites a few weeks into January

II today, completed since 7/23.

Mid-January spots were open

Reactions: 2 users