2018-2019 University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students or post-interview applicants comment on the structure of interview day? How are the interviews structured/how many are there/are they with students or faculty or admissions? Thanks in advance.
2 open file faculty (1 staff, 1 physician), 1 closed file student. All 30 minutes, none of them are stressful. Overall the students were very friendly and helpful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
2 open file faculty (1 staff, 1 physician), 1 closed file student. All 30 minutes, none of them are stressful. Overall the students were very friendly and helpful

Hmm, my student interview was also open file (just without GPA and MCAT) but they had read my PS and AMCAS activities. (maybe that's what you meant though)

Hmm, my student interview was also open file (just without GPA and MCAT) but they had read my PS and AMCAS activities. (maybe that's what you meant though)
^same. All 3 open file with the student just blind to gpa and mcat

Members don't see this ad :)
My student interviewer was the best interview I've had at any school. She was the coolest, I seriously wish I were older and had gone there so we could have been best friends.

Reactions: 6 users
Bump on the question about the mail/package. Has anyone received their physical acceptance letter or mail from Pritzker? Along those lines, does anyone else have nothing under the tabs "Letter" and "Additional Information" under the admissions decision section of the application portal?

Bump on the question about the mail/package. Has anyone received their physical acceptance letter or mail from Pritzker? Along those lines, does anyone else have nothing under the tabs "Letter" and "Additional Information" under the admissions decision section of the application portal?
No mail for me yet. Been checking the mailbox every day with my hopes let down every time haha. Also nothing under those two tabs.

Reactions: 1 user
Also still waiting. Do you think as long as we have accepted the offer on the portal that we're good for now?

Letter received today! Includes the date of revisit :) Check your mail!

Has anyone been rejected from here recently?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received II earlier today, Lizzy M~75, received application complete email on 8/28 (but everything was submitted mid-July)

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected today

This school was a long shot lol. Already been accepted into a few other schools so I'm happy :)

Has anyone that interviewed been rejected or have they only sent out acceptances?

Complete 7/22. Still haven't heard back...anyone in same boat?

Reactions: 7 users
Hey so I kind of have a weird question. I sent an ITA request a couple days ago and Pritzker just got back to me saying that they cannot offer me an interview at this time, but that my note was added to my candidacy file for further review. I'm wondering if I should just count this as a preemptive rejection even though I haven't gotten an official R email yet? If nothing else, I'm impressed at the speed with which the admissions team got back to me, but obviously it's not a great sign and this is one my very top choices :(

Hey so I kind of have a weird question. I sent an ITA request a couple days ago and Pritzker just got back to me saying that they cannot offer me an interview at this time, but that my note was added to my candidacy file for further review. I'm wondering if I should just count this as a preemptive rejection even though I haven't gotten an official R email yet? If nothing else, I'm impressed at the speed with which the admissions team got back to me, but obviously it's not a great sign and this is one my very top choices :(
I would take it as a "don't hold your breath but you're not out of the running entirely." They probably score apps then send invitations to whoever is at the top of the batch. So, for example, the top 20 ranked applicants might get an application every two weeks (I'm pulling numbers out of my ass here). So you're not in the top twenty this week, but you might work your way up by February. On the other hand, you weren't so low that they gave you the ax either like they gave me, so you're not out yet.

Hmm I sent them an ITA request a couple weeks ago but only got a generic "thanks for the update" response and nothing else. I'm not sure what this means, but if they're not going to interview me I'd really just rather them tell me straight up

Hmm I sent them an ITA request a couple weeks ago but only got a generic "thanks for the update" response and nothing else. I'm not sure what this means, but if they're not going to interview me I'd really just rather them tell me straight up
I kind of admired the swiftness with which they brought down the hatchet. No soup for you!

Haha I think in this case no news is good news. I'm picturing the adcoms reading my email and mentally playing "Thank you, next".

Haha I think in this case no news is good news. I'm picturing the adcoms reading my email and mentally playing "Thank you, next".
I think if it was "thank you, next," they would have just given you the R. This is more "we want to invite Sally to the prom first, but Sally has lots of options and might go with someone else, so we're not asking you to the prom but we don't want you to walk away yet either."

I'm trying to think that positively like that, but I sent the email close to 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure what they're waiting for!! I'm getting so anxious waiting because I love the program and the city

I sent in an update [Pre-II] recently and they said they added it to my file ... :watching:

People who have already interviewed—what’s the interview format? Is it 2 open-file 30 minute long interviews? Hour long? Any clarification would be much appreciated :)

People who have already interviewed—what’s the interview format? Is it 2 open-file 30 minute long interviews? Hour long? Any clarification would be much appreciated :)
3 half hour interviews, basically open file (student interviewers are blind to stats) and very relaxed.

For me, it was 3 interviews. 2 faculty, 1 fourth yr. All about 30 minutes iirc.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after sending an update???

Does anyone who has interviewed remember how frequently Admissions said they’d send out decisions?

Does anyone who has interviewed remember how frequently Admissions said they’d send out decisions?
I talked to an MD/PhD student. They said the year they interviewed/applied, there were only 3 dates that decisions were released. One in October, one in December, one in March. I don't know if it's different for MD.

I talked to an MD/PhD student. They said the year they interviewed/applied, there were only 3 dates that decisions were released. One in October, one in December, one in March. I don't know if it's different for MD.
yeah i think i saw in last years thread it was like monthly basically