2018-2019 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement since that waitlist email?
Also, has anyone tried to ask their exact position on the WL? If I knew I was ranked in the 90s (still "upper half") I'd probably just withdraw and fully commit to my current acceptance so I can just chill...

Members don't see this ad.

Also, has anyone tried to ask their exact position on the WL? If I knew I was ranked in the 90s (still "upper half") I'd probably just withdraw and fully commit to my current acceptance so I can just chill...
I'm guessing we'll find out closer to the CTE deadline in mid-June. patience, memelord.

How did you find out you are ranked in the 90s? I thought they only told us which half we were placed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got off the waitlist on Wednesday!! I can't believe it. It's my first and only acceptance and also my top choice

EDIT: this sums up my feelings
Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 5.43.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
How did you find out you are ranked in the 90s? I thought they only told us which half we were placed?
I don't know where I'm ranked. I was just saying that IF I knew I was ranked such that I likely wouldn't get off the WL, I'd just drop it.

I just got off the waitlist on Wednesday!! I can't believe it. It's my first and only acceptance and also my top choice
Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Hope I get off this WL soon!!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed? Hope I get off this WL soon!!

I interviewed mid-Sep and found out I got waitlisted Oct 15. It might've been the first or second day of interviews and everyone there was in-state. Good luck and I hope you get off this waitlist too!!

Last edited:
Earlier in this thread someone mentioned guesstimating how many committed admits there were based on the facebook group. Just want to add that the group includes a bunch of upperclassmen, dental and pharm students as well who are trying to fill housing, so don't get too stuck on it.

Reactions: 1 users
just withdrew my OOS acceptance, I hope someone else gets the spot! Also should have some scholarship money they can distribute!

anyone know when UMD starts sending out more information (like school supplies, etc.)

wondering the same thing...
Get used to Maryland being notorious terrible with communication... some of you probably noticed that with financial aid :lol:. However, as for school supplies you really don't NEED anything other than some scrubs, which the school usually sells through an interest group (recommend buying because the money helps funds events!) if they still plan on doing a physical anatomy lab. But things that might be nice to have are certain books Netters or BRS. Also, figuring out how to use anki and getting used to that because a ton of my classmates use it. Your first week or so will be extremely lax, no learning will be done you will be assigned a 2nd year big and get a lot of information and such then. As for now just enjoy your summers it will be one of your last summers of complete freedom. Don't feel overly pressured to study or prep! If you guys have any specific questions feel free to message me.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how we register for classes? I know registration for fall 2019 is available from April to August 6, but I can't find information anywhere on the site about how to register.

Hey everyone, I interviewed for MD/MPH at UMSOM back in October and was waitlisted in December. I sent them a letter of intent as soon as I found out I was waitlisted and have given them a few updates since (including shadowing a doctor who's also a UMSOM alum/UMSOM assistant professor and working on a case study for possible publication soon). I found out last month that I'm on that "upper one half" of the waitlist and I'm PRAYING for acceptance within the next month or so.

How realistic do you think my chances are? Does it help my chances at all that I interviewed for the dual degree program?

Hey everyone, I interviewed for MD/MPH at UMSOM back in October and was waitlisted in December. I sent them a letter of intent as soon as I found out I was waitlisted and have given them a few updates since (including shadowing a doctor who's also a UMSOM alum/UMSOM assistant professor and working on a case study for possible publication soon). I found out last month that I'm on that "upper one half" of the waitlist and I'm PRAYING for acceptance within the next month or so.

How realistic do you think my chances are? Does it help my chances at all that I interviewed for the dual degree program?
I would say chances are not very good, as a lot of us are on that waitlist. They said mid-june there should be an update, so probably wouldn't have to wait much longer.

Last edited:
I would say chances are not very good, as a lot of us are on that waitlist. They said June 15th there should be an update, so probably wouldn't have to wait much longer.
I thought the cte deadline was the 17th

Anyone got an email about the pre-matriculation summer program and planning on attending?

Does anyone have any info on establishing in-state residency after your first year? Trying to figure out how likely it is to get.

it’s mid-june my wl friends. no email yet? although i doubt it’ll be more than “we accepted from the wl. stayed tuned until aug to receive your formal rejection, but don’t hold your breath.”

I spoke with someone in the admissions office yesterday who told me that "the waitlist is moving" but there will be no official general email to people on the WL. She said if you are selected from the waitlist, THEN you will be notified by email.

I spoke with someone in the admissions office yesterday who told me that "the waitlist is moving" but there will be no official general email to people on the WL. She said if you are selected from the waitlist, THEN you will be notified by email.
wow what the heck. frustrating. cte deadline was 2 days ago so the large majority of the wl mvmt has prbly already happened, yes?