2018-2019 University of Texas Southwestern Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
With all due respect, I don't really follow; how does your information contradict with what I posted?

So sure, the computers have been grinding over the data regarding the school's lists and the applicant's rank lists over the last 2 weeks (wasn't referencing duration of time in my post, just procedural steps), and I agree that what we saw today in TMDSAS was final result of this process (I believe that info concurs with what I posted). Back to the original question: "Is it logical to think there is a chance UTSW results were not announced yet? Or do we know every school release the results at the same time?" If an applicant ranked UTSW first, and today's "final result" shows that they were NOT matched to UTSW (could be to another school, could be no match), the applicant should expect to have already been reviewed by and waitlisted by UTSW. So no, it is not logical. The UTSW results were announced, the going-down-list process was kickstarted, and that's how you ultimately got that "final result." UTSW may have just not given a single match and is just going to take their time picking ppl off waitlist (so their final class has not been "announced"), but that match result was definitely announced today at 8am.

Again, please correct this information if it is wrong! But, please not just an "um, no" followed by an explanation that does not provide any clarification.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the last day (01/05) and someone from my group matched to UTSW.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't understand what your asking at all. UTSW filled their class with OOS and prematches. Then they ranked everybody else who interviewed. Now when someone on the acceptance list notifies UTSW that they are going to attend a different school they notify the top of the waitlist. There are no "announced results."

Ok, that bolded question was from another user:
Okay, so other Texas school's posts are blowing up with matches.
So Sanity Check: Is it logical to think there is a chance UTSW results were not announced yet? Or do we know every school release the results at the same time?

I replied:
Well don't they go down the list? So they have to check with your first rank (I assume UTSW) before they get to your subsequent choices. Before they get to the bottom of your list, before they ultimately tell you that you received no matches. Pls correct if wrong

We are not talking about waitlist list. We are talking about RANK list. So think pre-today at 8am, the list where we ranked all the schools that we interviewed at in preparation for match day. What I think the "announcement" that the other user was referring to was today at 8am Match.

I was just trying to say: I am sorry to burst your bubble, but UTSW probably already made their match decisions, so don't be waiting on a TMDSAS Match Pt. 2 from UTSW. It's just going to be waitlist movement from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The announcement of match results was today, UTSW included, at 8am. If some people who matched to UTSW later decide to go elsewhere, another person, from WL, will later be invited to join the class.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a formal email notifying that someone is on the wait list or is it just if you interviewed and ranked them higher than your match you automatically join the wait list.

According to last year's thread, everyone who ranked utsw higher than match got on the waitlist on Feb 7

Can anyone confirm "casual" dress code for the MS0 Weekend. I'm scared of how nonspecific "casual" is.

Can anyone confirm "casual" dress code for the MS0 Weekend. I'm scared of how nonspecific "casual" is.
You got in. You can wear flip flops and a hawaiian shirts if you want to. Same goes for orientation week and basically any day in med school when you're not seeing patients.

edit: except in anatomy lab, no flip flops there

What is the likelihood of getting off the waitlist? And does everyone automatically get added to the waitlist if they ranked UTSW higher for the match?

Is anyone aware of someone getting off the UTSW wait list prior to May 1st in previous years? It seems like the WL acceptances from previous years has occurred in May and later. Thanks!

Are OOS waitlisted yet? I've been WL'd to every Texas school but this one. Did UTSW hate me so much they forgot to waitlist me?

Are OOS waitlisted yet? I've been WL'd to every Texas school but this one. Did UTSW hate me so much they forgot to waitlist me?

Did you really get emails stating you were waitlisted? I’m IS and only received wait list emails from Long and PLFSOM

Yeah they probably just haven't sent it out yet. Usually takes a while

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you really get emails stating you were waitlisted? I’m IS and only received wait list emails from Long and PLFSOM
Yeah, I got emails verifying I was waitlisted from all the schools I interview at in Texas barring UTSW.

Has anyone received WL email from UTSW?
I was interviewed,but no email yet

Does anyone know if the MSTP only sends out one batch of acceptances? If so, it looks like folks got them yesterday..

Does UTSW send rejection emails if not placed on the WL?

I just called UTSW and they said waitlist emails have not been sent out yet

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the MSTP only sends out one batch of acceptances? If so, it looks like folks got them yesterday..

IIRC they're sending out one initial batch, then filling the spots as people withdraw. Last year they over-enrolled so they're being more conservative this year

Ijustwantaprematch , why would you make this up?

I also called admissions and no waitlist emails have gone out. I don't really understand the desperation behind making this up either...

I also called admissions and no waitlist emails have gone out. I don't really understand the desperation behind making this up either...
Welcome to the world of medical school at a highly competitive institution

Maybe waitlist emails will be sent out tomorrow (1 week after match)??

JUST got the alternate list email!

+1 let the waiting begin boys
Someone probably asked this already but do TX schools just put everyone that didn't match on the waitlist that ranked the school higher?

Someone probably asked this already but do TX schools just put everyone that didn't match on the waitlist that ranked the school higher?
Some of them do, but some weed out ones they are not likely to accept. With typical # of people accepted off a WL of 15 to 40, they don't really need a WL of more than 200.
I recently went through MSAR to see what schools say, and Foster is the only one to come out and say they WL everyone who was interviewed but not accepted.

I also received the WL email. Got super excited for some reason tho lol. Just hoping one of the schools I interviewed at takes me off their waitlist this spring/summer

Got the waitlist email and all I can think is “so you’re saying there’s a chance???” lol

Any medical students currently at UTSW regret choosing UTSW over another Texas school you were accepted to?

Will be giving up my spot on the waitlist, hope that helps!

Any medical students currently at UTSW regret choosing UTSW over another Texas school you were accepted to?
I wouldn't call it regret but I'm wondering whether I missed a big opportunity when I chose UTSW over the first class at Dell. I've had plenty of great opportunities at UTSW though.

Just FYI, UTSW is on the AMCAS Enrollment Tool now! I only saw my AMCAS acceptance earlier, but I think UTSW just got added.