2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get a call who interviewed who was deferred earlier?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ayyy congrats! I think we both got accepted to another of the same school as well.
I think that was Ohio State! Anyway good on you!! I’ve seen a lot of your posts and I’m happy this one came through

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone accepted from the west coast? Just hoping that they will call those in the west coast later in the day due to time difference :'((( Just trying to be optimistic, which is stressful... ha...

BTW congrats to everyone who got in!!!

Yikes... I really wish they would just email everyone at once :( Interviewed before the first round of acceptances and am losing hope

Members don't see this ad :)
My name is at the end of the alphabet so I'm hoping there's still a chance...

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call a few hours ago while at work, ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed Nov. OOS

Anyone know if it's possible to get some scholarship money later even if we didn't hear anything about it during the call?

Reactions: 4 users
So does anyone know if they are done sending out acceptances?

Hoping for more acceptance calls today or at least waitlist calls

Just called. They've sent out all their acceptances, everyone else is waitlisted, and they expect to have a pretty active waitlist with movement happening around April, and they do encourage letters of intent. Hope this helps for everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Just called. They've sent out all their acceptances, everyone else is waitlisted, and they expect to have a pretty active waitlist with movement happening around April, and they do encourage letters of intent. Hope this helps for everyone still waiting!

Did they say whether it would be ranked in some way or not?

Post interview rejected just now :( honestly kinda surprised cause I thought Vanderbilt waitlists most non accepted people post interview?

+2 Waitlist email received

Sort of surprised because im gay and my interviewer was gay and we really bonded during the interview. Sort of not surprised because my MCAT score is well below their median MCAT and still got an interview. URM CA resident

Late to this but accepted on Wednesday!!!

For those accepted, congrats! Can't wait to meet you all soon, hopefully you will be getting calls from current students since we have some phone-a-thons going on. Those on the waitlist, don't lose hope as I know many people who are current students who got in late in the game.

I know you posted this awhile ago but would you still be willing to answer questions? I tried to send you a PM but it won’t let me

I'm still around sometimes. Just let me know if any of you want to learn about Vandy

Last edited:
For those accepted, congrats! Can't wait to meet you all soon, hopefully you will be getting calls from current students since we have some phone-a-thons going on. Those on the waitlist, don't lose hope as I know many people who are current students who got in late in the game.

I'm still around sometimes, I'm lazy and this is a great way to procrastinate :p Just let me know if any of you want to learn about Vandy

Do you know if Vandy is generous at all with need based aid? Or is it mainly just the scholarships they give out? Would love to attend here but the cost... :(

Do you know if Vandy is generous at all with need based aid? Or is it mainly just the scholarships they give out? Would love to attend here but the cost... :(

Super generous usually, there are lots of scholarships going around. They would tell you on the phone if it was merit-based, though half of it is need based. It does consider parental income... Wait for the financial aid to be sure!

Incoming Class of 2018 Stats

Super generous usually, there are lots of scholarships going around. They would tell you on the phone if it was merit-based, though half of it is need based. It does consider parental income... Wait for the financial aid to be sure!

Incoming Class of 2018 Stats

Thank you! I didn't get any merit aid but i wasn't sure how their need based aid worked. Looks like they give almost as much as they do for merit so I'll hold out some hope till then!

Does anyone know about when in April we'll get financial aid packages? I registered for second look but if i end up getting no aid i don't want to come to second look since my only hope of attending here is if the need based aid turns out ok. I'm trying to plan for the trip and not sure if I should buy a ticket or wait until financial aid comes out first.

Does anyone know about when in April we'll get financial aid packages? I registered for second look but if i end up getting no aid i don't want to come to second look since my only hope of attending here is if the need based aid turns out ok. I'm trying to plan for the trip and not sure if I should buy a ticket or wait until financial aid comes out first.

First week of April, emailed with the same question!

Withdrawing, hope someone on here gets my acceptance/scholarship! Try not to hoard acceptances everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know how or when we hear about financial aid?

Yeah it'll be "mailed" (not sure if that means email or regular mail) on april 8th. I'm hoping it'll be an email so that I'll know what i have to work with before second look.

For those going to second look what time do you plan on getting there? I'm looking for tickets and the cheapest ones would get me there at around 11 am on Friday and then leaving at like 10 pm Sunday but not sure if that's a good idea since I'm guessing we'll be checked out in the morning Sunday.

For those going to second look what time do you plan on getting there? I'm looking for tickets and the cheapest ones would get me there at around 11 am on Friday and then leaving at like 10 pm Sunday but not sure if that's a good idea since I'm guessing we'll be checked out in the morning Sunday.
That's pretty similar to my flight path. Planning on touring some apartments and just chilling in Nashville on Sunday since Vandy is likely where I'll attend