2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Portal has a spot for a transcript, anyone know when we have to submit an updated transcript before matriculation?

Still haven't had subcommittee review and was complete in mid-July...what's going on there?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal." message around 6pm today. LM 69-70, OOS.

Got the "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal." message around 6pm today. LM 69-70, OOS.

I would ask when you were complete, but at this point I don't even think it matters anymore

Got the same update as well today.

I didn't get an email about a status change, but I checked my portal and in addition to "Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile," it now also says below it: "Please note that your file may be put on hold for the following reasons:
Hold for MCAT: We are assuming you are scheduled to take the test. The Committee wishes to wait to evaluate your file until those scores are available. MCATS taken after September of the year of application will not be considered. If you are not planning to take or retake the MCAT, please notify us immediately.
Hold for Grades: The file review done by the Committee has determined that you are engaged in coursework which may affect their decision about whether to invite you for an interview. It is imperative that you submit grades for current or proposed courses in a timely fashion. Any file on hold for grades that are not submitted by January 31st will automatically be rejected. If you did not take the course indicated on your primary or supplemental application, please notify us immediately."

The first half of the wording makes it sound like it's just an informative reminder, but the wording for hold on grades sounds like they're telling me my grades are actually incomplete (my MCAT and grades are complete already). So now I'm worried they made an error thinking I'm still waiting on grades? Or is it just a regular reminder? My friend says her portal still only has the first part about the "file is now complete.." but not the note about holds? Has anyone else had this?

I didn't get an email about a status change, but I checked my portal and in addition to "Your M.D. file is now complete. The Sub-Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile," it now also says below it: "Please note that your file may be put on hold for the following reasons:
Hold for MCAT: We are assuming you are scheduled to take the test. The Committee wishes to wait to evaluate your file until those scores are available. MCATS taken after September of the year of application will not be considered. If you are not planning to take or retake the MCAT, please notify us immediately.
Hold for Grades: The file review done by the Committee has determined that you are engaged in coursework which may affect their decision about whether to invite you for an interview. It is imperative that you submit grades for current or proposed courses in a timely fashion. Any file on hold for grades that are not submitted by January 31st will automatically be rejected. If you did not take the course indicated on your primary or supplemental application, please notify us immediately."

The first half of the wording makes it sound like it's just an informative reminder, but the wording for hold on grades sounds like they're telling me my grades are actually incomplete (my MCAT and grades are complete already). So now I'm worried they made an error thinking I'm still waiting on grades? Or is it just a regular reminder? My friend says her portal still only has the first part about the "file is now complete.." but not the note about holds? Has anyone else had this?
It just means you COULD be on hold for those reasons. I think most people get it. I got it before an II

Reactions: 1 user
Regardless of what some select portals may say, ALL SUBCOMMITTEE REVIEWS ARE COMPLETE.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like most of the spots are filled up and now it's the waiting game as people withdraw their interview slots through the season.

About 100 new interview slots have recently been opened up.

Reactions: 10 users
My portal still says "the subcommittee will now do a review".. since early-mid July.. :( is this a silent rejection?

My question is.... does that mean there's hope for people at the bottom of the totem pole (aka late or no portal update) or should we just give up now
Better to give up now and be pleasantly suprised later?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing here tomorrow! Does any one have any tips? This is my first MMI. I've done a few practice questions, but I'm still a little nervous about how it will go.

Interviewing here tomorrow! Does any one have any tips? This is my first MMI. I've done a few practice questions, but I'm still a little nervous about how it will go.

Just relax it’s actually super fun.

Reactions: 1 users
@Dean Mission I have an interview coming up in early December and I have a pretty solid update for my application. Should I send it in now or wait until my interview is done? What is the best course of action.

A question for those who have interviewed already - does check-in start at am and go until 9am or are we supposed to be there before 8am?

Thank you!

I got a status change like a month ago and then never received anything else? what's up with that?

I got a status change like a month ago and then never received anything else? what's up with that?

Just means they have reviewed everything for you. Dean mission said all apps are reviewed now just waiting for interview. good luck

Just means they have reviewed everything for you. Dean mission said all apps are reviewed now just waiting for interview. good luck
So all apps are reviewed and are just waiting to be notified with interviews?

I forget the details of what they said during interview day- does VCU accept updates after your score is set? Have a semi-major update I am sending schools but interviewed at VCU months ago so they might not accept any positive updates for what I recall at this point

I forget the details of what they said during interview day- does VCU accept updates after your score is set? Have a semi-major update I am sending schools but interviewed at VCU months ago so they might not accept any positive updates for what I recall at this point

they won't re-score you, but they will attach the update for consideration along with your score.

A question for those who have interviewed already - does check-in start at am and go until 9am or are we supposed to be there before 8am?

Thank you!
In my interview group, everyone was there before 8am.

Thank you!

Everyone at my interview was there at or before 8am. I would still recommend getting there early because it gives you time to relax and talk to all the cool people in your interview group.

My interview here is coming up and it’s my first MMI. Are we expected to discuss what we would do in each scenario, or actually act it out as if speaking with a patient? Sorry if this has already been asked!

My interview here is coming up and it’s my first MMI. Are we expected to discuss what we would do in each scenario, or actually act it out as if speaking with a patient? Sorry if this has already been asked!

They tell you what role you'll be in each situation.

They tell you what role you'll be in each situation.

But do we actually act out our role, or do we just discuss what we would hypothetically do in that role? I’m asking about acting vs discussing