2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just yesterday my status changed from subcommittee review page to the file review is complete page, though from my understanding the subcommittee review was done a long time ago for pretty much everyone complete at a normal time. Any idea what the recent status change could mean?

Hopefully I can snag one of those 100 interview invites that have yet to go out!

Just yesterday my status changed from subcommittee review page to the file review is complete page, though from my understanding the subcommittee review was done a long time ago for pretty much everyone complete at a normal time. Any idea what the recent status change could mean?

Hopefully I can snag one of those 100 interview invites that have yet to go out!
It probably just means they got around to mass updating portals lol

I'm curious if there is any possibility for those holding a Feb. interview slot to interview at an earlier date. I read on previous years forums this could happen but was wondering if anyone had any current cycle knowledge. Thanks!

I'm curious if there is any possibility for those holding a Feb. interview slot to interview at an earlier date. I read on previous years forums this could happen but was wondering if anyone had any current cycle knowledge. Thanks!

I can directly attest to this. I had a 02/12 interview. I checked the portal in 10/15. Novemebr interview dates had populated. I promptly moved my interview date up.

Wonder when invites for these newly opened 100 interview slots are going to be sent out

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now, OOS, LM77
Interview dates for morning 1/22 - 2/27. No afternoon dates show up.

Should I be concerned if my portal still says "sub-committee will now do a review of your application." Not concerned about getting an II but concerned about logistics or maybe that there was some problem processing my application?

Should I be concerned if my portal still says "sub-committee will now do a review of your application." Not concerned about getting an II but concerned about logistics or maybe that there was some problem processing my application?
+1 mine still says this as well

Mine has been saying that since July

Mine said that from July 17 until last night, so they're lookin at em!
Well according to Dean Mission all subcommittee reviews have been done so they've already been looked at. I just don't understand why some people's portals are updated randomly. It just doesn't really make sense.

Well according to Dean Mission all subcommittee reviews have been done so they've already been looked at. I just don't understand why some people's portals are updated randomly. It just doesn't really make sense.
I was more so under the impression we've all had our preliminary reviews and placed in a "line" for final reviews and consideration. When the portal updates, that indicates you've been reviewed "fully" by the admissions committee.

Not sure how accurate that is, but that was my understanding.

Congrats :) When were you marked complete? Email/phone/portal check?

I believe I was marked complete late August/early September. I received an e-mail regarding a change in status to my application, and I saw the invitation through in the portal.

Has anyone that has been accepted got any word regarding in-state tuition eligibility forms - this section in my portal is still blank. And what is the significance of the Banner ID #?

Has anyone that has been accepted got any word regarding in-state tuition eligibility forms - this section in my portal is still blank. And what is the significance of the Banner ID #?

Looking through their website if you're OOS it's kinda hard to get in state tuition. That area is blank for me too but the Banner ID # populated a couple of weeks after I paid the deposit.

Got email saying portal was updated but when I try to login I get an error code...

I got that when i was using a phone to login, the desktop browsers never seemed to have that problem.

Fair enough. That is likely my issue considering I was trying to use my phone haha! Thanks!!

Any updates on those 100 new interview slots? Have they already been filled?

Fair enough. That is likely my issue considering I was trying to use my phone haha! Thanks!!

No problem! If you request the desktop site on your phone browser it should also fix the problem while letting you still use your phone.

I'm one of the early decision in-state kids, and I still don't have anything in the in-state eligibility box yet. I made my VCU eID and went through everything I had access to to see if I could find a confirmation that I at least filled out the form correctly, but I couldn't. I'm sure it's not something we need to worry about until later :p

Hey guys, after you interviewed, how long did it take for you to get the hold for acceptance/waitlist etc status? A few people in my cohort have gotten it a week after interviewing, but mine just still says “Congratulations for completing your interview, the admissions committee will now review your file”

It hasn’t been two weeks yet, but I thought they review everyone in a cohort together. Should I be worried?

Thanks!!

I would say considering the fact that the portal seems to update randomly, not update for others, etc. I would not freak out. Also no one on here has the exact answer you are looking for. We don't know anything about the behind the scenes and I think even Dean Mission wouldn't know the answer to this. I wouldn't look into it-- just wait until December 16th and that's when you will really know!
Such little faith...???

As is typical this time of year, there is a small backlog of applicants that have been interviewed, but yet have not come before committee. The committee will catch up a lot tomorrow, but will fully catch up next Monday.

As far as portal changes: candidates seen before committee tomorrow should see changes by Tuesday night.

Reactions: 4 users
Such little faith...???

As is typical this time of year, there is a small backlog of applicants that have been interviewed, but yet have not come before committee. The committee will catch up a lot tomorrow, but will fully catch up next Monday.

As far as portal changes: candidates seen before committee tomorrow should see changes by Tuesday night.
So For those of us who have yet to get past the “ sub committee will do a review” status, are we basically on hold for a rejection in the spring? Cause that’s what it’s looking like here

So For those of us who have yet to get past the “ sub committee will do a review” status, are we basically on hold for a rejection in the spring? Cause that’s what it’s looking like here
As I have previously indicated, everyone that submitted a supplemental application has made it through subcommittee review.

As I have previously indicated, everyone that submitted a supplemental application has made it through subcommittee review.
How far into the application cycle does VCU extend interviews? (As in sending out IIs, not the actual dates of interviews) Or does it just really depend on if people withdraw their IIs, etc.?

My status finally changed to "Your file review is now complete,If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates" but I'm not sure when (never received an email). At this point, I'm starting to give up on actually getting an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
My status finally changed to "Your file review is now complete,If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates." but I'm not sure when (never received an email). At this point, I'm starting to give up on actually getting an interview.
Same thing happened here towards the end of last week. Is there still hope for us with those newly opened up interviews or does this school do silent R’s?

In complete disbelief. Received an II today. Dates available were in December and January. Going to give it my all as this is my top school :cat:

IS applicant. Ties to the school. Secondary submitted 7/17, marked complete 11/14ish.

Reactions: 17 users
In complete disbelief. Received an II today. Dates available were in December and January. Going to give it my all as this is my top school :cat:

IS applicant. Ties to the school. Secondary submitted 7/17, marked complete 11/14ish.
Congrats!!

My status finally changed to "Your file review is now complete,If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates." but I'm not sure when (never received an email). At this point, I'm starting to give up on actually getting an interview.

Hey don't be so quick to give up hope! I received an II last Thursday, exactly one week after receiving that status update. So If anything, I think it is a good sign. Hang in there :)

Reactions: 2 users

Woohoo! Hope we both get an acceptance! Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Such little faith...???

So if we still don't have the portal change, it would mean the committee hasn't reviewed us yet? I interviewed very early November--can I expect to have a portal change after next Monday?

So if we still don't have the portal change, it would mean the committee hasn't reviewed us yet? I interviewed very early November--can I expect to have a portal change after next Monday?
You will be committee reviewed next Monday and should have a portal status update as early as Tuesday night or as late as Thursday.

Sounds like they will be mostly caught up after next Monday, but some may be deferred to the following Monday.

Are you still seeing December and January dates? I checked on my portal and only see 11/06, 11/13, and 2/27 dates :confused:

Are you still seeing December and January dates? I checked on my portal and only see 11/06, 11/13, and 2/27 dates :confused:
Well looks like another part of the app process is time travel. You should totally take one of the first 2 dates to show them your awesome new EC

Well looks like another part of the app process is time travel. You should totally take one of the first 2 dates to show them your awesome new EC

Lol yeah :D for some reason, the old dates keep showing up on VCU's portal. It would be hilarious if someone actually chose one of those